Who is Tamara Lich?
Tamara Lich is a Canadian activist based in Alberta. She has been described as a right-wing activist, and she is best known for organizing the 2018 and 2019 yellow vest protests in Medicine Hat, Alberta. She is also well-known for organizing the 2022 Canada convoy protest in Ottawa.
She was arrested in Ottawa in February 2022 and granted bail on the condition that she stay off social media and leave the province of Ontario.
- Protests against the yellow vests and the Canada convoy
Early Life/ Personal Life
Tamara Lich was born in the year 1975. Her exact birth date is unknown. Her hometown is Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada. She is a Canadian citizen. She has openly claimed Metis ancestry. There is no information available about her parents, education, family, or early life.
|Celebrated Name||Tamara Lich|
|Birth Name||Tamara Lich|
|Place Of Birth||Medicine Hat, Alberta|
|Famous For||Organizing Yellow vest protests and Canada convoy protest|
|Father||Name Not Available|
|Mother||Name Not Available|
|Awards||The George Jonas Freedom Award|
|Height||Over 5 feet|
|Weight||Around 50 kg|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Net Worth||Not Available|
Activism by Tamara Lich
- Tamara Lich worked as an administrator for Medicine Hat STEP Energy Services prior to her activism work.
- She was also a fitness instructor.
- She was a member of the Alberta-based band Blind Monday.
- She later rose to prominence as an activist in Alberta.
- In 2018 and 2019, she organized the yellow vest protests in Medicine Hat, Alberta.
- “This group is to protest the CARBON TAX and the Treason of our country’s politicians who have the audacity to sell out OUR country’s sovereignty over to the Globalist UN and their Tyrannical policies,” according to the group’s Facebook page Yellow Vest Canada.
- Following death threats made against Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Lich debated renaming the group to distance itself from those advocating violence.
- She was a participant in the 2018 United We Roll protest convoy.
- She was a driving force behind the Wexit movement. It was later renamed the Alberta Wildrose Independence Party.
- She left Wildrose to become a member of the Maverick Party. She was elected to its first governing council.
- In 2022, she was the secretary of the party’s Western Canadian Governing Council.
- She left Wildrose in 2022 to concentrate on her work on the Canada convoy protest. She was the primary organizer of the Ottawa protest.
- The Freedom Convoy is a series of protests and blockades against COVID-19 vaccine mandates and restrictions that began in 2022 in Canada.
- On February 17, 2022, she was arrested in Ottawa.
- She was accused of encouraging misbehavior.
- On February 22, 2022, she was denied bail. Her denial of bail was met with outrage in Ottawa.
- On March 7, 2022, the bail denial was overturned. She was granted bail on the condition that she not use social media and leave Ottawa within 24 hours and the province of Ontario within 72 hours, returning only for court-related reasons. She was also barred from communicating with other protest organizers.
- On March 24, 2022, Lich was charged with six additional counts of counseling mischief, mischief, counseling to obstruct police, obstructing police, counseling intimidation, and intimidation by blocking and obstructing one or more highways.
- She will be honored with the George Jonas Freedom Award for her efforts during the Canada convoy protest. Lich will receive the award on June 16, 2022.
Tamara Lich Husband
Dwayne Lich is her husband. They have a prematurely born daughter. She is a grandmother as well. She resides in Medicine Hat, Alberta, with her family.
Tamara Lich Height
Tamara Lich is a little over 5 feet tall on average. She weighs approximately 50 kg on average. Her body type is average. Her eyes are hazel, and her hair is light brown. Her sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Tamara Lich Net Worth
Tamara Lich is a well-known Alberta activist. She was previously a fitness instructor and a member of the Alberta-based band Blind Monday. She was also an administrator for Medicine Hat STEP Energy Services. Her net worth is unknown at this time.
Did You Know?
- During the protests, she has spoken out against various forms of extremism.
- Her GoFundMe campaign for the convoy raised more than $10 million before being shut down.