Who is Sutton Foster?
Sutton Foster is an American actress, singer, and dancer. She is well renowned for her work on the Broadway stage. She received Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical for her portrayal as Millie Dillmount in Thoroughly Modern Millie in 2002 and Reno Sweeney in Anything Goes in 2011. She has featured in various Broadway and off-Broadway musicals to date. On television, she is renowned for the TV Land comedy-drama, Younger. She has starred in various movies and tv series to date.
On March 18, 1975, Sutton Foster was born. Sutton Lenore Foster is her birth name. Statesboro, Georgia, in the United States, is where he was born. He is an American citizen. Troy, Michigan is her hometown. Her father, Bob, and mother, Helen, gave birth to her. Hunter Foster, her older brother, is also an actor. She is of white ethnicity and follows the Christian faith. Her astrological sign is Pisces.
In terms of education, she graduated from Troy High School. She dropped out of high school before graduating to join The Will Rogers Follies’ national tour. Her diploma was later obtained through correspondence courses. She then spent a year at Carnegie Mellon University. She left Carnegie Mellon to pursue a full-time theatrical career.
|Celebrated Name||Sutton Foster|
|Birth Name||Sutton Lenore Foster|
|Place Of Birth||Statesboro, Georgia|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Famous For||Work in Broadway productions|
|High School||Troy High School|
|University||Carnegie Mellon University|
|Debut Television Show/Series||Star Search|
|Debut Movie||Just In Case|
|Awards||Tony Awards, Drama League Award|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||132 lbs (60 kg)|
|Body Measurement||36-26-35 in|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Husband||Ted Griffin, Christian Borle (Ex-Husband)|
|Married Date||Ted Griffin (25 October 2014)
Christian Borle (2006-2009)
|Daughter||Emily Dale Griffin
|Source of Wealth||Acting and singing|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
- At the age of 15, Sutton Foster competed on the reality competition show Star Search. She came in second place.
- She later tried out for the cast of The Mickey Mouse Club.
- She was interested in acting since she was a child.
- She dropped out of college to pursue a full-time theatrical career.
- She has since appeared in a number of theatre productions.
- She is best known for her roles in several Broadway plays.
- Thoroughly Modern Millie, Anything Goes, Les Miserables, Little Women, The Drowsy Chaperone, Young Frankenstein, Shrek the Musical, Violet, and The Music Man are among her many Broadway credits.
- Thoroughly Modern Millie in 2002 and Anything Goes in 2011 earned her two Tony Awards for Best Actress in a Musical.
- In 2021, she will reprise her role as Reno Sweeney in a London production. She received a Laurence Olivier Award nomination for Best Actress in a Musical.
- Sutton Foster has received Tony Awards for Best Actress in a Musical for her performances in Thoroughly Modern Millie and Anything Goes.
- She received her seventh Tony Award nomination for Best Actress in a Musical for her performance as Marian Paroo in the 2021 revival of The Music Man. She received the Drama League Award for Outstanding Performance.
- In 2007, she made her television debut as a guest star in Johnny and the Sprites, a children’s musical puppet show.
- In the same year, she appeared in a three-episode story arc on the HBO sitcom Flight of the Conchords.
- In 2012, she landed her first major television role as Michelle Simms in Bunheads, a short-lived comedy-drama series.
- She starred in the TV Land comedy-drama Younger from 2015 to 2021. Liza Miller was the character she played.
- She has appeared as a guest on several other television shows.
- She has provided voice work for Doc McStuffins, Vampirina, and Ridley Jones, among others.
- She made her film debut as a voice actress in the 2008 film Just In Case.
- She made her film debut in the 2013 film Shrek The Musical.
- In 2009, she released her debut solo album, Wish.
- An Evening with Sutton Foster: Live at the Cafe Carlyle, her second solo album, was released in 2011.
- Hooked, her first book, was released in October 2021.
Sutton Foster Boyfriend
Sutton Foster has a husband. Ted Griffin, a screenwriter, is his wife. The couple became engaged in September 2013 and married on October 25, 2014. In March 2017, they adopted a baby girl named Emily Dale Griffin. Previously, she was married to actor Christian Borle. From 2006 to 2009, they were married.
Sutton Foster Height
Sutton Foster is 1.75 meters tall, or 5 feet and 9 inches tall. She weighs about 132 pounds or 60 kilograms. She has a slim physique. Her body dimensions are 36-26-35 inches. Her eyes are brown, and her hair is dark brown. Her shoe size is 8 and her dress size is 4. (US). Her sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Sutton Foster Net Worth
Sutton Foster makes a living as an actress. She has appeared in a number of stage productions, films, and television shows to date. Her estimated net worth is $4 million.
Did You Know?
- She has three dogs, Linus, Mabel, and Brody, and is a self-proclaimed dog lover.
- She creates art and sells it online.
- In December 2021, she tested positive for COVID-19.
- In 2012, she was awarded an honorary doctorate by Ball State University.
- In 2010, she taught drama at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts’ Undergraduate Department of Drama.