Who is Sophie Thibault?
Sophie Thibault is a journalist from Canada. She is well known as a TVA network television reporter. She began her professional career as a radio reporter before moving on to television with the TVA network in 1988. She has contributed to various programs on the network. She has received various accolades and distinctions for her service.
Aside from journalism, she is also an avid photographer, which she has turned into a career. More about Sophie Thibault is discussed in the article.
Sophie Thibault was born on the 2nd of May, 1961. Her birthplace is Canada. She is a Canadian citizen. She is of the Caucasian race and follows the Christian faith. Taurus is her astrological sign. Her father, Marc Thibault, and mother, Monique Larouche, gave birth to her. Her mother has chronic multiple sclerosis.
Her father passed away in 2006. Her bachelor’s degree is in psychology. She went on to study journalism at the University of Montreal.
|Celebrated Name||Sophie Thibault|
|Birth Name||Sophie Thibault|
|Place Of Birth||Quebec|
|Famous For||Qubec journalist|
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in Psychology|
|University||University of Montreal|
|Career Start||The 1980s|
|Marital Status||Not Married|
|Source of Wealth||Journalism (Salary, contracts)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Links||Instagram Twitter YouTube|
- Sophie Thibault began her career in media as a radio reporter for CINQ-FM.
- She was also a radio reporter for CHAI-FM.
- She wrote for the journals Protegez-vous and La Vie en Rose.
- In 1988, she made her broadcast debut as a news anchor for the TVA network.
- She also worked as a journalist for LCN, a 24-hour news station.
- She reported on the Oka conflict in 1990.
- She began working as a journalist for the morning program Salut, Bonjour!
- She worked on the film Le Match de la vie.
- Thibault took over as host of Le TVA 22 heures when Simon Durivage left in 2002.
- In 2003, she was named Woman of Honor at the Montreal Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce’s “Evening of the Rare Pearls.”
- In 2003, 2004, and 2005, she received the Prix MetroStar prize for Best reporter for a news bulletin (two), Best reporter for a news bulletin, and Best public personality.
- At the 2005 Gala YMCA, she was voted Woman of the Year in Communications.
- In 2006, the Assemblee parlementaire de la Francophine bestowed upon her the title of Chevailer of I’Order de la Pleiade.
- In 2006, the Association canadienne des radiodiffuseurs awarded her the Ordre du mérite de la radiodiffusion.
- In 2007, she was awarded at the Gala of Women in Television and New Media.
- In 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2010, she received Prix Artis awards for Best Reporter for a News Bulletin.
- In 2009, she co-wrote her debut book, Tell Mother, What Daughter?
- She is a dedicated and skilled photographer who released her first picture book, DANS MA NATURE, with Editions de I’Homme.
Sophie Thibault Husband
Sophie Thibault is a single woman who has never married. She opted to go it alone in her life. She may have dated attractive hunks when she was younger, but she never married. More information about her personal life will be added here when it becomes available.
Sophie Thibault Height
Sophie Thibault is of medium height. She has a healthy weight and a healthy body type. Her eyes are hazel, and her hair is blonde. Her sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Sophie Thibault Net Worth
Sophie Thibault is a well-known Quebec journalist. She has been in the news business for nearly four decades. She is compensated well for her services. She also earns a nice living from her photography business. Her net worth is not yet accessible.
Did You Know?
- Her father was a longtime Radio-Canada news director.
- She was the first woman in North America to be designated sole anchor of a late-night broadcast in 2002.
- She was the topic of a master’s thesis written by a former rad-can journalist in the United States, titled La Perspective Femme Dans Les Telejournals.
- In 2020, she was appointed a Knight of the National Order of Quebec.
- She is an avid photographer who enjoys photographing outdoors and animals.
- She has her own YouTube channel.
- She has been an enthusiastic participant in the charitable operations of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada’s Quebec section.
- She is the Carnation Campaign’s spokesman.
- In 2014, she began writing a picture section for Le Lundi magazine.