Who is Mollie King?
Mollie King is a former member of the girl group The Saturdays and an English pop singer. Before going on break in 2014, the band had multiple big singles and albums. In 2015, she embarked on a solo music career. She used to be a member of the female group Fallen Angelz.
King is also a TV personality who appeared on Strictly Come Dancing in 2017. She has appeared in a number of television programs. She also co-hosts the BBC Radio 1 radio show.
On June 4, 1987, Mollie King was born. Mollie Elizabeth King is her given name. Wandsworth, London, England is where she was born. She is of English origin. She was born to Stephen King, her father, and Susan Wykes, her mother. Ellen and Laura Ann are her two older siblings. She is of the Caucasian race and follows the Christian faith. Her astrological sign is Gemini.
Her educational history includes attending Surbiton High School. She was an exceptional skier. She was a member of her high school’s ski team. By the age of 11, she was a member of the British Children’s Ski Team and had obtained a scholarship to the British Ski Academy. She was one of the youngest racers on the British squad. She got three As in her A levels: psychology, business and economics, and sports.
|Celebrated Name||Mollie King|
|Birth Name||Mollie Elizabeth King|
|Place Of Birth||Wandsworth, London|
|Famous For||Member of the girl group, The Saturdays|
|Sisters||Ellen and Laura Ann|
|School||Surbiton High School|
|Education||Three As in her A levels, in Psychology, Business and Economics, and Sports|
|Debut Television Show/Series||The X Factor|
|Height||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||112.5 lbs (51 kg)|
|Body Measurement||34-24-34 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||32B|
|Dress Size||2 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8.5 (US)|
|Married Date||Engaged on 1 January 2021|
|Boyfriend||Andy Brown (Ex-boyfriend), David Gandy (Ex-boyfriend)|
|Children||Announced Pregnancy in June 2022|
|Source of Wealth||Music, television and radio presenting|
|Net Worth||Around $2 million|
Mollie King Music Career
- Mollie King gave up her skiing career to pursue a career as a singer.
- She was a member of the Fallen Angelz female group.
- They also participated in The X Factor.
- She later joined the girl group The Saturdays in 2007.
- In July 2008, the group released their debut song, “If This Is Love.” It peaked at No. 8 in the United Kingdom.
- In October 2008, they released their debut studio album, Chasing Lights. It peaked at number nine in the United Kingdom.
- The group also relocated to Los Angeles in order to break into the American market.
- They signed deals with Island Def Jam and Mercury Records.
- Chasing The Saturdays, a reality show on E! Network, followed the girls during their three-month stay in America.
- The program was discontinued after just one season.
- “What About Us,” starring Sean Paul, is their first number-one hit.
- Chasing Lights (2008), Wordshaker (2009), On Your Radar (2011), and Living for the Weekend (2012) are their studio albums (2013).
- In total, the trio had 13 Top 10 singles and four Top 10 albums.
- “If This Is Love,” “Up,” “Issues,” “Just Can’t Get Enough,” “Forever Is Over,” “Ego,” “Missing You,” “Notorious,” “All Fired Up,” “30 Days,” “What About Us,” and “Disco Love” are among their big singles.
- In 2014, the band went on sabbatical and issued a greatest hits CD, Finest Selection: The Greatest Hits.
- In October 2015, she got a solo deal with Island Records and began her solo career.
- In August 2016, she released her first solo single, “Back to You.”
Mollie King Radio and Television Career
- Mollie King is also a television personality and actor.
- She appears in a number of Hollyoaks Later episodes.
- She starred in the BBC series Myths as a member of The Saturdays.
- She appeared in two episodes of Sam King, an internet program.
- In 2010, she featured on The King is Dead and Never Mind the Buzzcocks.
- She and her companions starred in the reality show Ghosthunting with…
- She featured on the reality show The Saturdays: 24/7 alongside her bandmates.
- In October 2013, she appeared as a panelist on an episode of Through the Keyhole.
- In June 2014, she competed in the celebrity version TV show The Cube. She earned £100,000 for the British Heart Foundation, her nominated charity.
- In 2017, she competed in the 15th series of BBC One’s Strictly Come Dancing. She was paired with AJ Pritchard and they advanced to the show’s semi-finals.
- In January 2018, she appeared as a guest on the children’s television show Blue Peter.
- In January 2018, she filled in for Dan Wootton on Lorraine with the entertainment news for a week.
- Beginning in February 2018, she co-hosted BBC Radio 1 every Saturday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. with Matt Edmondson.
- She joined the show as a full-time co-host in June 2018.
- She first appeared on This Morning in August 2018, and she is now the senior female relief presenter.
- She hosted the breakfast program and Best New Pop on Friday mornings beginning in August 2019.
- She is expected to become the host of BBC Radio 1’s Future Pop. The program will premiere in September of 2022.
Mollie King Boyfriend
Mollie King is not married, however, she is in a relationship. She is engaged to Stuart Broad, an England cricketer. They were married on January 1, 2021. In June 2022, the couple revealed that they are expecting their first child together.
Andy Brown, a Lawson member, was her prior boyfriend. They were together for a year between 2010 and 2011. From 2011 to 2012, she dated supermodel, David Gandy. Their relationship was revived in 2014, however, it terminated in 2016.
Mollie King Height
Mollie King is 1.63 meters tall, or 5 feet and 4 inches tall. She weighs around 112.5 pounds (51 kg). She has a slender physique. Her physical dimensions are 34-24-34 inches. The size of her bra is 32B. Her eyes are gray, and her hair is blonde. Her shoe size is 8.5 and her dress size is 2. (US). Her sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Mollie King Net Worth
Mollie King is a well-known vocalist who rose to prominence as a member of the girl group The Saturdays. Several albums were released by the band. They have a number of successful singles to their credit. Their earnings are generated from album sales, contracts, performances, and tours.
She appeared in advertising for deodorant, tampons, mobile phones, and hair removal products, among other things, with The Saturdays members. In 2009, Saturdays became the faces of the hair removal product Veet. They were chosen to be the faces of Impulse women’s deodorant. T-Big Mobile’s Sofa Night In campaign included them.
In 2013, she designed the ‘Love by Mollie’ line for Oasis Stores. She created shoes to benefit the UK charity Save The Children. During Vodafone London Fashion Week, she was a Maybelline ambassador. In 2017, she has named the face of the Boux Avenue lingerie Christmas ad. She has appeared in various television and radio shows in addition to her singing career. To summarize, she has amassed a fortune through her job in the entertainment sector. Her net worth is reported to be in the $2 million range.
Did You Know?
- Chemmy Alcott, the eventual British National Champion seven times, was her high school teammate.
- She quit skiing to pursue her goal of becoming a singer.
- Britney Spears is a favorite of hers.
- In October 2010, The Saturdays released their book, The Saturdays: Our Story.
- The Saturdays were active in a variety of charitable activities.
- In September 2018, she was nominated for ‘Best New Presenter’ at the Audio & Radio Industry Awards (ARIAS).
- Andy Brown’s breakup with Mollie King inspired his compositions “When She Was Mine” and “Standing in the Dark.”
- According to English tabloids, she secretly dated Prince Harry.
- She adores dogs and has one named Alfie.