Who is Kevin-Prince Boateng?
Kevin-Prince Boateng is a Ghanaian-German footballer. His position on the ground is either midfielder or forward. He is now a member of the Hertha BSC team (Bundesliga club). He was born in Germany and played for Ghana’s national team. He began his career with Hertha BSC before moving on to Tottenham Hotspur, Borussia Dortmund, and Portsmouth on loan. In 2010, he joined Serie A club AC Milan before moving on to Schalke 04. He returned to Milan in January 2016 and relocated to Las Palmas. In 2017, he played for Eintracht Frankfurt before joining Sassuolo in Italy.
He joined Fiorentina after a brief loan to Barcelona. In January 2020, he was loaned to the Turkish side of Beşiktaş for six months before moving to Monza in September 2020. Boateng will return to Hertha BSC on June 23, 2021. Between 2010 and 2014, he represented Ghana at the senior level 15 times, scoring two goals and appearing in the 2010 and 2014 FIFA World Cups. Kevin-Prince Boateng has signed a contract extension with Hertha Berlin, and the Bundesliga club is celebrating by giving away 2,023 free kebabs.
- Being a professional soccer player.
- For Bundesliga team Hertha BSC, he plays as a midfielder or striker.
Kevin-Prince Boateng was born on March 6, 1987. He was born in Berlin, Germany. He has dual citizenship (German and Ghanian). His ethnicity is mixed since he is German on his mother’s side and Ghanaian on his father’s side. His zodiac sign is Pisces, and he is a Christian. His father, Prince Boateng, and mother, Christine Rahn, gave birth to him.
He also has an older brother, George Boateng, who goes by the moniker BTNG (Older Brother) (Rapper, Musician). He is the older, paternal half-brother of Jérôme Boateng, another professional footballer.
|Celebrated Name||Kevin-Prince Boateng|
|Nick Name||Kevin-Prince Boateng|
|Birth Name||Kevin-Prince Boateng|
|Place Of Birth||Berlin|
|Net Worth||$20 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Height||6 feet 1 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Current Club||Hertha BSC|
|Position||Midfielder or Forward|
|Son||Maddox Prince Boateng|
Kevin-Prince Boateng Career
- He began his club career at the age of six with the team Reinickendorfer Füchse.
- He then joined Hertha BSC at the age of seven on July 1, 1994, and made his debut for them on July 31, 2007, when he was 20 years old.
- He spent two seasons with Hertha BSC II before being promoted to the Hertha first-team squad in the 2005-06 season.
- On August 13, 2005, he made his first-team debut in a 2-0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt at the Olympic Stadium.
- In the 14th round of the Bundesliga season, he began his first Bundesliga match, a 2-2 draw against Borussia Mönchengladbach.
- In July 2007, he signed a four-year contract with Tottenham Hotspur for a reputed £5.4 million.
- In January 2009, he was loaned to Borussia Dortmund for the remainder of the season.
- During his loan, he appeared in 10 Bundesliga games.
- In August 2009, he signed a three-year contract with Portsmouth for a rumored sum of roughly £4 million.
- On September 12, 2009, he scored his first goal for the club against Bolton Wanderers.
- On August 17, 2010, Boateng signed a three-year contract with Italian Serie A side Genoa for €5.75 million (a reported €5.7 million plus the transfer of Anthony Vanden Borre, despite the latter agreement falling through), and he immediately joined AC Milan on loan. In the same transfer window, the agreement was eventually converted into a co-ownership arrangement for €5.25 million.
- Boateng joined Milan on a permanent basis from Genoa in June 2011 for €7 million on a four-year contract that expires in June 2015.
- On August 30, 2013, Milan confirmed that Boateng had been sold to German Bundesliga club Schalke 04 for a cost of €10 million on a four-year contract that would expire in June 2017.
- He then made his debut for Schalke 04 in a 2-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen.
- On December 8, 2015, his contract with Schalke was canceled.
- On January 5, 2016, he returned to Milan on a free transfer and signed a six-month deal. On January 9, 2016, he made his formal return.
- Following that, he signed a contract with Las Palmas and made his debut on 22 August 2016 in a 4-2 away win over Valencia at the Mestalla Stadium.
- Boateng ended his contract with Las Palmas by mutual consent on August 16, 2017, claiming “irreversible personal circumstances” for the decision.
- On August 18, 2017, he signed a three-year contract with Eintracht Frankfurt, where he won the DFB-Pokal.
- On July 5, 2018, he signed a three-year contract with Sassuolo.
- Later, on 21 January 2019, he joined the Spanish La Liga team Barcelona on loan until the conclusion of the 2018-19 season, with the club maintaining the option to acquire him permanently for an €8 million transfer fee.
- On January 23, he made his club debut in a 2-0 away loss to Sevilla.
- Then, on July 30, 2019, he joined ACF Fiorentina and made his debut on August 24, 2019, in the first game of the 2019-20 Serie A season.
- On January 31, 2020, he joined the Turkish Süper Lig team Beşiktaş on loan for the duration of the 2019-20 season.
- On September 28, 2020, he signed a one-year contract with recently promoted Serie B club Monza.
- He returned to Hertha BSC on June 23, 2021.
- In terms of international experience, he played for the German national young team because he owns a German passport.
- Boateng was called up to the Germany U21 squad by new coach Horst Hrubesch for an international friendly against the Republic of Ireland in Cork in February 2009.
- He then obtained a Ghanaian passport and began his senior international career by training with the national team, “The Black Stars.”
- Head coach Milovan Rajevac chose him for the Ghana team for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
- He declared his international retirement in November 2011, claiming weariness from travel at the age of 24, losing out on the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations.
- On October 1, 2013, he was named to Ghana’s 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying play-offs against Egypt.
- On June 2, 2014, he was nominated to Ghana’s team for the World Cup finals.
Awards and Achievements
- Serie A: 2010–11
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2011
- Coppa Italia runner-up: 2015–16
- DFB-Pokal: 2017–18
- La Liga: 2018–19
- Fritz Walter Medal U18 bronze: 2005
- Fritz Walter Medal U19 gold: 2006
- Das Erste Goal of the Month: 2005
- Serie A Team of the Year: 2010–11
Kevin-Prince Boateng Wife
Kevin-Prince Boateng is a married man who married Valentina Fradegrada, his long-term lover turned wife, in June 2022. They began dating in 2021. They are having a great time in their current situation. He is not homosexual and has a heterosexual sexual orientation.
He previously married Jennifer in 2007, and the pair divorced in 2011. They have a son named Jermaine-Prince Boateng together. In November 2011, he began dating Italian TV personality, model, and former showgirl Melissa Satta. In July of 2012, the pair got engaged. They married in June 2016 and have a son named Maddox Prince Boateng (born in April 2014). The couple split up in January 2019 before reconciling later that year. They announced their divorce on social media in December 2020.
Kevin-Prince Boateng Net Worth
Kevin-Prince Boateng plays professional football. Kevin-Prince Boateng’s net worth is predicted to be $20 million as of 2022. His major source of riches is his football career, and he is content with his earnings. He is now enjoying a luxury lifestyle thanks to his money. He has not given any more information regarding his annual salary or sponsorship.
Kevin-Prince Boateng Height
Kevin-Prince Boateng is at the ideal height of 6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm and weighs 77 kg or 170 lbs. His hair is black, and his eyes are dark brown. Boateng has a tattoo depicting a map of Ghana and the name of the nation on his arm.
He has tattoos across his ribcage with the Chinese phrases for clan, health, love, success, and trust, as well as additional tattoos on his upper torso. His physique is athletic.
Did You Know?
- Boateng claims to be fluent in Turkish, German, English, and Italian, as well as French and Arabic.
- He has dual citizenship.
- He is the nephew of Yaw Boateng Gyan, the former NDC National Organizer.
- Boateng was named as the first worldwide ambassador for FIFA’s anti-discrimination task force in February 2013, working alongside FIFA Vice-President Jeffrey Webb at FIFA headquarters.
- Boateng is an accomplished singer and dancer.
- In August 2018, he released a rap song titled King on the World Star Hip Hop channel under the nickname PRIN$$ Boateng. In July 2019, he released his second song, Bella Vita.