Who is Jemima Kirke?
Jemima Jo Kirke, sometimes known simply as Jemima Kirke, is an English-American artist, actor, and filmmaker. Kirke rose to notoriety after starring in the HBO series Girls as Jessa Johansson. She has also appeared in a number of other films and television shows, most notably the Netflix series Sex Education. She has created numerous music videos for Alex Cameron as a director.
Personal life/Early life
Jemima Kirke was born on April 26th, 1985. Her birthplace is Westminster in the English city of London. She is of English and American descent. Her father, Simon Kirke, and mother, Lorraine Dellal, gave birth to her. Lola and Domino are her two sisters. She is of the Caucasian race and follows the Christian faith. Her father is Jewish, while her mother is Christian. Taurus is her astrological sign.
She attended Saint Ann’s School for her educational background. She went on to study at the Rhode Island School of Design. In 2008, she earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts with a major in art. In 2011, she exhibited a show titled “A Brief History” at Skylight Projects. She held a show at a Lower East Side gallery in the late 1990s and the early 2000s.
In 2009, Jemima Kirke married lawyer Michael Mosberg for the first time. They have two children together: Rafaella, a girl, and Memphis, a son. The couple divorced in 2016. In 2017, she began dating Australian musician and singer-songwriter Alex Cameron. They are currently engaged. She spends her time among Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, and East Hampton.
|Celebrated Name||Jemima Kirke|
|Birth Name||Jemima Kirke|
|Place Of Birth||Westminster, London|
|Famous For||Her role as Jessa Johansson in the series, Girls|
|Sisters||Lola and Domino
|University||Rhode Island School of Design|
|School||Saint Ann’s School|
|Education||Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in art|
|Debut Movie||Tiny Furniture|
|Debut Television Show/Series||Girls|
|Height||1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||123.5 lbs (56 kg)|
Ex-husband: Michael Mosberg
|Married Date||Michael Mosberg (2009-2016)|
|Residence||Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, and East Hampton|
|Source of Wealth||Acting, directing, painting|
|Net Worth||Around $3 million|
Jemima Kirke began her acting career with little roles in the projects of her friends. She made her film debut in Tiny Furniture, a 2010 comedy-drama film, as a supporting actress. In 2011, she was cast in the HBO series Girls. She portrayed Jessa Johansson in all six seasons of Girls. Later in her career, she appeared in films such as Ava’s Possessions, The Little Hours, Untogether, All These Small Moments, and Sylvie’s Love. Untogether was a film in which Jemima and her real-life sister Lola were featured.
She appeared in the television show Maniac, High Maintenance, and Sex Education. She has also appeared in several music videos, including Rival Schools’ “Wring It Out,” Mick Jagger’s “Gotta Get a Grip,” Alex Cameron’s “Stranger’s Kiss,” and Zayn Malik’s “Dusk Till Dawn.” Her sister Lola Kirke’s music video “Mama” marked her directorial debut. She’s directed a number of films for her fiance, Alex Cameron. In the Hulu series adaption of Conversations with Friends, she will portray an older writer named Melissa. The show is scheduled to premiere in 2022.
Wealth and Net Worth
Jemima Kirke’s acting profession pays well. She has been in a number of films and television series. She has also appeared in a number of music videos and directed a few projects. She has also collaborated with Lonely lingerie, Scosha Woolridge Jewelry, Elliot Spring Campaign, and Maison Michel Paris Hats Autumn Winter 2016 collection. To summarize, her entertainment job provides the majority of her income. Her net worth is reported to be in the $3 million range.
Jemima Kirke is approximately 1.62 m tall, or 5 feet and 4 inches tall. She weighs around 123.5 pounds (56 kg). She has a slim physique. Her eyes are blue, and her hair is blonde. She has a few minor tattoos all over her body. Her sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Some Amazing Facts at A Glance About Jemima Kirke
- Kirke, her father, is a former drummer for the rock bands Bad Company and Free.
- Geminola, a New York-based antique store, is owned by her mother.
- She is the relative of Alexander Dellal, Charlotte Olympia Dellal, and model/photographer Alice Dellal.
- Her maternal grandpa, Jack Dellal, was a British businessman of Iraqi-Jewish ancestry, and her maternal grandmother, Zehava Helmer, was a former Israeli stewardess.
- Jemima and her sisters were featured in a Teen Vogue fashion story.
- Kirke has been regarded as a significant inspiration by Emet Mihajlo.
- She was not compensated for her performance in her debut film, Tiny Furniture.
- She appeared as a guest voice on the shows Axe Cop and The Simpsons.
- In 2015, she collaborated with the Center for Reproductive Rights to develop a public service announcement to promote the future of reproductive healthcare.
- She underwent an abortion without an anesthetic as a college student because she couldn’t afford it.
- She is good friends with Lena Dunham, whom she met at Saint Ann’s School.