Who is Henrikh Mkhitaryan?
Henrikh Mkhitaryan is an Armenian professional footballer best known for his time with Serie A team Roma. In 2006, he made his professional debut for Pyunik Yerevan, and in 2007, he made his first international appearance for Armenia. He was a Manchester United player from 2016 until 2018 when he joined Arsenal. He formerly played youth soccer for Pyunik Yerevan from 1995 to 2006.
In 2013, Henrikh joined Borussia Dortmund. That same year, he was selected captain of Armenia’s national team, and he was crowned CIS Footballer of the Year in 2012 and 2013. From 2007 until his international retirement in 2022, he was also a part of his own country’s senior side. Henrikh also confirmed his international retirement in March 2022.
- Being a professional Armenian footballer.
- For his involvement with the Serie A team Roma.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan was born in Yerevan, Armenian SSR, in the Soviet Union on January 21, 1989. He is Armenian by nationality and ethnically Armenian-white. Similarly, his religious beliefs are polyglot, and his ethnicity is white. Henrikh’s current age is 33, which he celebrated recently in 2022, and his zodiac sign is Aquarius, according to his birthday.
Hamlet Mkhitaryan, his father, was an Ex-professional player who died of a brain tumor at the age of 33, and his mother, Marina Taschyan, is the Head of the Armenian Football Federation’s department for the Armenian national team. He has a sister called Monica Mkhitaryan as well.
Moving on to Henrikh’s studies, he earned a bachelor’s degree from Armenia’s Institute of Physical Culture. After graduating, he enrolled in the St. Petersburg Institute, where he studied in economics.
|Celebrated Name||Henrikh Mkhitaryan|
|Birth Name||Henrikh Mkhitaryan|
|Place Of Birth||Yerevan, Armenian SSR, Soviet Union|
|Birth Nation||Armenian SSR|
|College / University||St. Petersburg Institute|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Salary||9.36 million GBP per year|
|Height||5 ft 10 in or 178 cm|
|Weight||75 kg or 165 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Body Measurement||40-31-14 inches|
|Links||Wikipedia Facebook Instagram Twitter|
Henrikh Mkhitaryan Career
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan began his football career in 1995 when he joined the FC Pyunik junior system. He got his first salary at the age of 15 and made his professional debut in 2006 at the age of 17. He last appeared for the club in 2009.
- In his four seasons with the Pyunik first squad, they won the Armenian Premier League four times (2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009), the Armenian Supercup twice (2007 and 2009), and the Armenian Cup once (2009).
- Following his success in the Armenian Premier League with FC Pyunik in 2009, he joined the Ukrainian Premier League team Metalurh Donetsk.
- Henrikh joined Metalurh Donetsk in 2009 and scored on his debut in a 3-0 Europa League victory over Belarusian Premier League side FC Partizan Minsk on July 16, 2009.
- On July 19, 2009, he made his league debut in a 0-0 tie with Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk and scored the opening goal in a 3-0 second-leg Europa League triumph against Slovenian Interblock Ljubljana, winning 5-0 on aggregate.
- He was chosen club captain on July 14, 2010, at the age of 21, making him the club’s youngest captain in history, and scored his first goal of the season, an 89th-minute penalty, in a 3-0 victory against Obolon Kyiv on July 16, 2010.
- He played his final appearance for the club on August 30, 2010, in a 2-1 win against Dnipro, and he played 45 matches for the club, scoring 16 times in all.
- Mkhitaryan signed a $7.5 million deal with Shakhtar Donetsk on August 30, 2010, and made his debut on September 10, 2010, in a 1-0 away league defeat to Obolon Kyiv, being replaced after 62 minutes by Eduardo.
- He made his debut in the Ukrainian Cup, scoring the second goal in a 6-0 win against Kryvbas, and made his European debut for the club in the Champions League against Sporting Braga on September 28, 2010, winning 3-0.
- He received around 38% of the votes cast for Shakhtar’s best player in the 2011-2012 Premier League season. In 37 games, he scored 11 goals, including 10 in 26 league games.
- Henrikh also appeared in Shakhtar’s 2-0 2012 Super Cup triumph over Metalurh Donetsk, and in his first Premier League encounter of the 2012-2013 season, he scored twice and supplied two assists in a 6-0 season-opening victory over Arsenal Kyiv.
- On March 16, 2013, Mkhitaryan played his 100th game in the Ukrainian Premier League against Chornomorets Odesa.
- He concluded the season with 25 league goals and received acclaim for his skill and determination.
- On July 8, 2018, Borussia Dortmund confirmed a four-year contract with Mkhitaryan for €25 million (£21.5 million). Shakhtar and Borussia Dortmund officially “settled all relevant requirements” and agreed on €27.5 million (£23.6 million), making him the club’s most expensive acquisition in history.
- In a pre-season friendly against FC Basel on July 10, 2013, he set up a goal for Marco Reus in the 11th minute and scored his first goal for the club 16 minutes later, guiding his team to a 3-1 victory away at St. Jakob-Park.
- His first Champions League goal came in a 2-1 away win against Arsenal, and he concluded the season with nine goals and 10 assists in the Bundesliga, earning him a spot on the WhoScored Bundesliga Team of the Season.
- Henrikh’s squad finished second in the Bundesliga and second in the DFB-Pokal in 2013-2014.
- The 2014 DFL Supercup was his first title with Dortmund, and he scored the opening goal in a 2-0 triumph over Bayern Munich.
- Mkhitaryan scored the game-winning goal in a 7-1 demolition of SC Paderborn 07 in the second round of the domestic cup on October 28, 2015, and was one of three goal scorers as Borussia triumphed 3-0 away at Hertha BSC in the DFB-Pokal semi-final on April 20, 2016.
- He was named Bundesliga Players’ Player of the Season after finishing the season with 15 assists.
- Mkhitaryan signed a four-year contract with them for a cost thought to be between £27 million and £30 million, making him the first Armenian to join a Premier League side.
- Then, on 15th July 2016, he made his pre-season debut in a 2-0 victory against Wigan Athletic, then on 7th August 2016, he made his competitive debut as a stoppage-time replacement in a 2-1 victory over Leicester City in the 2016 FA Community Shield.
- Henrikh became the Premier League’s first Armenian player on August 14, 2016, when he came in as a 75th-minute replacement for Juan Mata in a 3-1 away win over AFC Bournemouth.
- On September 10, 2016, he earned his first Premier League start for Manchester United in the Manchester derby, and on December 8, 2016, he scored his first goal for the club, away against Zorya Luhansk, in Manchester United’s last group match in the Europa League.
- Ten days later, he scored his first Champions League goal for Manchester United in a 4-1 away win over CSKA Moscow, and he was pulled from the starting lineup in United’s 4-1 win against Newcastle United.
- On 3rd February 2018, Henrikh made his debut start for Arsenal in a 5-1 home win over Everton, collecting three assists, before suffering a metatarsal fracture in the next game, a 2-0 North London derby League Cup defeat to Southampton.
- He was at the center of controversy ahead of the 2019 UEFA Europa League Final in Baku, but Henrikh and Arsenal ultimately decided that he would not travel with the squad to the final match, as he had previously opted not to travel to Azerbaijan twice, once for Borussia Dortmund against Gabala in 2015 and once for Arsenal against Qarabag in 2018.
- On 2nd September 2019, Henrikh joined Italian club A.S. Roma on a season-long loan for €3 million, with an extra €100,000 in variables. He made his debut against Sassuolo on 15th September, scoring a goal in Roma’s 4-2 win.
- Two games later, on December 12th, 2019, he scored against SPAL, propelling Roma to the fourth position in the Serie A rankings.
- His contract with Arsenal was mutually terminated, and he joined Roma on a permanent basis on August 31, 2020.
- He scored the club’s fastest-ever goal in the UEFA Europa League, after only 57 seconds, in a 5-0 win over CFR Cluj on November 5th, 2020.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan made his national team debut on January 14, 2007, in an away friendly against Panama, and went on to score six goals for Armenia in UEFA Euro 2012 qualification Group B, becoming the group’s top goalscorer.
- In the absence of regular skipper goalie Roman Berezovsky, he led his nation for the first time on September 10, 2013, as they lost 0-1 at home to Denmark in World Cup qualifying.
- Mkhitaryan became the Armenian national team’s all-time leading scorer on October 15th, when he scored his 12th goal in a 1-3 loss to Italy in another qualifier.
- On May 27, 2014, he scored twice in a 4-3 friendly win over the United Arab Emirates at the Stade de la Fontenette in Carouge, Switzerland.
- In a 7-1 friendly win over Guatemala in Los Angeles, he scored Armenia’s first international hat-trick.
- Mkhitaryan then confirmed his international retirement in March 2022.
Awards and Achievements
- Armenian Premier League: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Armenian Cup: 2009
- Armenian Supercup: 2007, 2008
- Ukrainian Premier League: 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013
- Ukrainian Cup: 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013
- Ukrainian Super Cup: 2012
- DFL-Supercup: 2014
- EFL Cup: 2016-2017
- FA Community Shield: 2016
- UEFA Europa League: 2016-2017
- UEFA Super Cup runner-up: 2017
- UEFA Europa Conference League: 2021-2022
- Armenian Footballer of the Year: 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020
- Footballer of the Year in Baltic and Commonwealth of Independent States: 2012, 2013
- Ukrainian Premier League Best Player: 2012-2013
- Ukrainian Premier League Top Scorer: 2012-2013
- Ukrainian Premier League Footballer of the Year: 2012
- CIS Footballer of the Year: 2012, 2013
- Bundesliga Player of the Month: April 2016
- Bundesliga Assist Leader: 2015-2016
- Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2015-2016
- DFB-Pokal top goalscorer: 2015-2016
- kicker Bundesliga Players’ Player of the Season: 2015-2016
- Premier League Goal of the Month: December 2016
- EFL Cup top assist provider: 2016-2017
- Manchester United Goal of the Season: 2016-2017 (vs. Sunderland, 27th December 2016)
- UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season: 2016-2017
Henrikh Mkhitaryan Wife
Henrikh Mkhitaryan is a player who is married. In June 2019, he married his lovely bride Betty Vardanyan in the convent of San Lazzaro Degli Armeni near Venice, Italy. On March 4, 2020, the couple will be gifted with a baby called Hamlet Mkhitaryan. Henrikh’s sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan Net Worth
Henrikh Mkhitaryan has a net worth of $4 million as of 2022, as well as a high remuneration of roughly 9.36 million GBP every year. Henrikh has supported the well-known sportswear company, Nike. He has also participated in television advertisements for ROSGOSSTRAKH ARMENIA and Opel Astra, for which he receives handsome pay.
His current market worth is €8.00 million as of June 7, 2022, while his maximum market value is €37.00 million as of August 1, 2016. Furthermore, his primary source of income is his football profession.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan Height
Henrikh Mkhitaryan stands 5 ft 10 in or 178 cm tall and weighs around 75 kg or 165 lbs. He has dark brown eyes and black hair. Furthermore, his body type is athletic, and his dimensions are 40-31-14 inches.
Did You Know?
- He played youth soccer with Pyunik Yerevan from 1995 to 2006.
- In 2013, he joined Borussia Dortmund.
- That same year, he was selected captain of Armenia’s national team.
- His father was an FC Ararat Yerevan striker who died at the age of 33 from a brain tumor.
- Jugen Klopp took over as his manager when he was in Borussia Dortmund in 2013.