Who is Elon Musk?
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure, this line has been very well proved by Elon Musk who is a business magnate, investor, and engineer. This handsome man is the founder, CEO, and Product Architect of Tesla, CEO, and Chief Engineer at SpaceX; early-stage investor, Inc.; founder of The Boring Company; and co-founder of Neuralink and OpenAI. Besides this, Musk is the wealthiest person in the world, with an estimated net worth of around US$304 billion as of January 2022.
Personal Life/Early Life
This famous personality, Elon Musk was born in Pretoria, South Africa, and belongs to mixed ethnicity including South African, Canadian, British, and Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry. He is the loving and caring son of Errol Musk (father) and Maye Musk (mother). Moreover, he grew up with his siblings named Kimbal, a younger brother who was born in 1972, and Tosca, a younger sister who was also born in 1974. Besides this, his parents divorced in the year 1980 and he lives with his father in the suburbs of Pretoria. Concerning his education, Elon studied at Waterkloof house preparatory school and Bryanston high school.
In fact, he also attended the University of Pretoria for five months; this allowed him to avoid mandatory service in the South African military. Furthermore, he moved to Canada in June 1989 and lived with a second cousin in Saskatchewan for a year. Later, Musk entered Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario in 1990. After two years, he joined the University of Pennsylvania, where he graduated in 1995 with a Bachelor of Science degree in economics and a Bachelor of Arts degree in physics. After that, he was accepted to a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in materials science at Stanford University in California in 1995.
Elon Musk Relationship Status
Moving towards his relationship status, Elon first got married to Justine Wilson who is a Canadian author. The duo tied the sacred knot of marriage in the year 2000. However, their relationship couldn’t last long and came to an end in the year 2008. In fact, the pair was blessed with a son named Nevada Alexander Musk who died at 10 weeks due to sudden infant death syndrome. After that, the couple had five sons due to Vitro fertilization by which they got twins in 2004 and a triplet in 2006. They also shared custody of five sons after separation.
Furthermore, Elon started to date Talulah Riley. This couple got married in the year 2010. But ended their relationship in 2012. Moreover, the duo again remarried in 2013 and again in 2016, they got divorced. Thereafter, Elon dated Amber Heard in the year 2016 but in 2017 they got separated. Later, he came into a romantic relationship with Grimes in the year 2018. Grimes is a renowned Canadian musician. In May 2020, Grimes gave birth to their son named X AE A-XII. However, their relation couldn’t last long and they semi-separated in September 2021. In fact, Elon said he was single, in an interview with Time in December 2021.
|Nick Name||Elon Musk|
|Birthdate||28th June 1971|
|Age||50 years old (as of 2021)|
|Birth Place||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Hobbies||Reading, watching anime
(Evangelion and Death Note)
|Famous For||being the co-founder of Paypal,
the co-founder, CEO of Tesla,
Founder, CEO of SpaceX,
co-founder of Neuralink
|Net Worth||$304 billion (as of December 2021)|
|Height(Approx)||In feet & inches: 5’11”
In centimeters: 180cm
|Weight(Approx)||In kilograms: 82kg
In pounds: 180 lbs
|Hair Color||Light Ash Blonde|
|Eye Color||Moss Green|
Family Background, Education
|Father Name||Errol Musk (Electromechanical
Engineer, Pilot, Sailor)
|Mother Name||Maye Musk (Model, Dietitian)|
|Siblings||Brother- Kimbal Musk
Sister- Tosca Musk (Filmmaker)
|School||• Waterkloof House
Preparatory School• Bryanston High School• Pretoria Boys High School
|College||• Queen’s University
• University of Pennsylvania
• Stanford University,
|Education Qualification||Bachelor of Science in Physics
from University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Science in Economics
from the University of Pennsylvania,
and Ph.D. in Energy Physics from
Stanford University, California
Girlfriend, Wife, Marriage
|Girlfriend||Justine Musk, Cameron Diaz (2013), Talulah Riley, Amber Heard
|Wife/Spouse||Justine Musk (2000-2008), Writer
Talulah Riley (2010-2012 & 2013-2016), Actress
|Children||Son(s)- Griffin, Xavier, Damian,
Saxon, Kai, X Æ A-12 Musk
(with his girlfriend Grimes)
Favorite Things & Assets
|Favorite Actor||Robert Downey Jr.|
|Favorite TV Show||The Big Bang Theory|
|Favorite Book(s)||Guide to the Galaxy,
|Favorite Comic Character||Marvel’s X-Men|
|Car Collection||• 1978 BMW 320i
• Ford Model T
• McLaren F1
• Jaguar Series 1 1967 E-type
• Audi Q7
• Hamann BMW M5
Social Media Accounts
Elon Musk Career Highlights
Talking about his career, In the year1995, Elon and his brother Kimbal founded Zip2, a web software company. later In 1999, he co-founded X.com, online financial services, and email payment company. After merging with Confinity a year later, the company was renamed PayPal in 2001. Moreover, he purchased the domain X.com from PayPal in July 2017.
In 2001, he envisaged ‘Mars Oasis,’ a project that would land in an experimental greenhouse on Mars. After that In May 2002, he established Space Exploration Technologies or SpaceX. Besides this, Elon has also served as the CEO and CTO of Hawthorne California-based company. NASA awarded SpaceX a contract in 2006 to continue developing and testing the Falcon 9 launch vehicle.
Apart from that, this handsome name is the CEO of Tesla Motors. He has helped to develop the model, create, and market electric car powertrain components, allowing automakers to produce inexpensive electric automobiles.
He gave an early concept for SolarCity as well as financial capital for it. Thereafter, in 2016, Tesla acquired SolarCity and made it a wholly-owned subsidiary. He also aimed to create a SolarCity advanced manufacturing facility in Buffalo, New York, which would be three times the size of the country’s largest solar plant.
In Addition to this, Elon devised a concept for a high-speed transit system that uses linear induction motors and air compressors to minimize pressure tubes. He introduced the SpaceX-sponsored 2015-2017 Hyperloop pod competition, which is open to students who want to construct Hyperloop pods.
Other than this, Musk announced the founding of OpenAI, a non-profit artificial intelligence research organization. He departed the firm in 2018 to avoid a confrontation over the post of Tesla CEO.
Later, in 2016, he co-founded Neuralink, a neurotechnology startup firm. After that, on December 17, 2016, while stalled in traffic, he tweeted that he was going to create a tunnel boring machine. ‘The Boring Company’ was the company’s name. In fact, the company started to dig in February 2017.
In 2018, he revealed a new comic media endeavor called ‘Thud.’ Furthermore,
he created his website ‘Pravda.com’, a website where visitors could score the veracity of a certain story. On May 25, 2018, he purchased the site. Besides this, Elon also gave assistance to rescuers during the Tham Luang cave rescue by ordering his employees to build a ‘Kid-size submarine’.
Awards And Achievements of Elon Musk
- 2007: He was named Entrepreneur of the Year by Inc Magazine for his efforts on Tesla and SpaceX.
- Elon received the George Low Award from the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics in 2008 for his significant contribution to space transportation in 2007/2008.
- 2008: SolarCity and Tesla received the National Wildlife Federation’s 2008 National Conservation Achievement Award.
- The Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI) awarded him the Gold Space Medal (the highest accolade in air and space) in 2010 for designing the first privately produced rocket to achieve orbit.
- In 2010, he was named a Living Legend of Aviation by the Kitty Hawk Foundation.
- Elom won the $250,000 Heinlein Prize for Advances in Space Commercialization in 2011.2009: National Space Society’s Von Braun Trophy
- 2012: Awarded the ‘a Gold Medal’ (Royal Aeronautical Society’s highest award)
- 2015: Awarded IEEE Honorary Membership
- 2018: Appointed as a Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS)
- 2021: Time Person of the Year
Elon Musk Wealth and Net Worth
This renowned business personality, Elon has gathered a very decent amount of money from his professional career. His net worth can be estimated to have $304 billion as of January 2022. With this, he is the wealthiest person in the world.
This eminent personality, Elon was born on 28th June 1971 and has turned 50 years old as of 2021. He is blessed with an attractive personality which is enhanced by his Light Ash Blonde hair and moss green eyes. His height is 5 feet and 11 inches which are 180 centimeters. He follows a regular and healthy diet in order to keep himself healthy with a weight of 82 kg.
Some Amazing Facts At A Glance About Elon Musk
- He was deeply inspired by Isaac Asimov’s book, ‘Foundation series’ in his childhood.
- This handsome man was listed among the “America’s 20 Most Powerful CEOs 40 And Under” by Forbes in February 2011.
- Elon announced in the year 2018 that SpaceX would be sending its first passenger, Yusaku Maezawa (a Japanese billionaire) to the moon by 2023.
- He started teaching himself computer programming after developing an interest in the Commodore VIC-20 (computer) at the age of 10.
- Musk released a rap track, “RIP Harambe”, on SoundCloud as Emo G Records on March 30, 2019.
- He is also a chairman of the Musk Foundation, which states its purpose is to provide solar-power energy systems in disaster areas as well as to support research and development, advocacy, and educational goals.
- Musk revealed that he had Asperger syndrome when presenting Saturday Night Live in May 2021.
- He was selected as Time’s “Person of the Year” in the year 2021.
- Elon moved to Canada against his father’s will, just before his 18th birthday.
- At the age of 12, Musk sold his first video game, ‘Blastar’ to ‘PC and Office Technology (a magazine) for $500.
- He promised to donate $100 million as a prize to whoever developed the best carbon capture technology in January 2021.