Who is Cristina Neagu?
Cristina Neagu is a professional handball player from Romania. Her position on the field is left-back. She now plays for CSM București as well as the Romanian national team. She is the first female player in history to have received four IHF World Player of the Year honors (in 2010, 2015, 2016, and 2018). She was also named EHF Player of the Year in 2017 and 2018.
She has been named to the All-EHF Champions League All-Star Team seven times (from 2015 to 2018 and again from 2020 to 22). She is also the all-time leading scorer in the European Championship (264).
- As a professional handball player.
- Playing for CSM București as well as the Romanian national squad.
Cristina Neagu was born on August 26, 1988. She was born in Bucharest, Romania. She grew raised in the Ghencea neighborhood. Cristina Georgiana Neagu is her given name. Vasilica and Constantin Neagu are her parents. She is the youngest of three siblings. Ioana and Andreea are the names of her sisters. In 2021, she had her 33rd birthday.
Her nationality is Romanian, and her ethnicity is Romanian-White. Her zodiac sign is Virgo, and she is a Christian. When she was 12 years old, she was introduced to a handball by Maria Covaci, a local middle school coach.
|Celebrated Name||Cristina Neagu|
|Nick Name||Cristina Neagu|
|Birth Name||Cristina Georgiana Neagu|
|Sisters||Ioana and Andreea|
|Net Worth||$1 Million – $5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Handball Profession|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Current Team||CSM Bucuresti|
- Cristina, a Romanian handballer, was injured frequently throughout her career.
- Her right shoulder cartilage was injured during the 2010–11 season. She returned to the Romanian Women’s Handball League on October 10, 2012, 605 days (roughly 1 year and 7 months) after her injury and after receiving long-term therapy in the United States.
- She was gravely injured again during a training session in January 2013, and she was sidelined for six months following surgery on the left knee for torn cruciate ligaments.
- After nearly two and a half years of injury, she returned to the Champions League final stage, this time with Montenegrin team Budunost in 2014.
- She was named the best left-back at the 2014 European Championship on December 21, 2014.
- She was nominated for the IHF World Player of the Year Award, but Eduarda Amorim was crowned the world’s second-best player with 25.8 percent of the votes.
- After an excellent season in which she topped the goalscorers list alongside Andrea Penezi and was selected as the best left-back in the tournament, she won her first Champions League championship in 2015.
- She was selected MVP in the 2015 World Championship in Denmark, as she scored 63 goals, the most in the championship.
- Similarly, she reached the Champions League final stage three times (in 2010, 2014, and 2015).
- She has three times been a part of the European Championship All-Star Team (2010, 2014, and 2016).
- She also won a bronze medal at the 2010 European Championship, where she was the highest scorer and had the most assists.
- Neagu got injured again in the last main round match of the 2018 European Championship against Hungary when she was in a strong position to finish as the top scorer.
- She had surgery on her right knee after tearing her ACL.
Cristina Neagu Husband
Cristina Neagu is not married and does not intend to marry. However, it appears that she is presently involved in a relationship that has resulted in a son, Hugo. She hasn’t revealed anything about her personal life.
She is now loving her current life with her son. Her sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Cristina Neagu Net worth
Cristina is a successful handball player who earns a good living from her profession. Cristina’s net worth is believed to be in the $1 million to $5 million range. Her major source of income is her handball career. Her compensation is in the thousands of dollars and has yet to be published.
Cristina Neagu height
Neagu is a lovely woman with a great personality. She is 5 feet 11 inches tall, or 1.80 meters. His balanced body weight is 69 kg (151 lbs). Her physique is sporty. Her additional body size information has yet to be published. She works out often to keep her physique in shape.
Did You Know?
- Neagu is a keen football lover and a major supporter of the local team Steaua București, who plays in the Arena Națională stadium.
- She led the 2015 World Championship in scoring and was voted tournament MVP.
- She was the highest scorer in the EHF Champions League in 2014–15, 2017–18, and 2021–22.
- In 2017, she was named Cetățean de onoare (“Honorary Citizen”) by the city of Bucharest.