Who is Craig David?
Craig David is a British singer, songwriter, rapper, DJ, and record producer who rose to prominence in 1999 after appearing on Artful Dodger’s single “Re-Rewind.” “Born to Do It,” his debut studio album, was released in 2000 and was followed by the next six studio albums. As a solo artist, he has 20 UK Top 40 singles and seven UK Top 40 albums and has sold over 15,000,000 records worldwide. He also supports Southampton F.C., his hometown football team.
Craig David was named a Goodwill Ambassador against tuberculosis by the World Health Organization on March 24, 2010 (World Tuberculosis Day). In 2021, he will be one of the judges on the new talent show “Walk the Line.”
- Being a songwriter, a rapper, a DJ, and a record producer.
- In 1999, Artful Dodger released the single “Re-Rewind.”
Craig David was born on May 5, 1981, with the given name Craig Ashley David. He was born in the English town of Southampton, Hampshire. He is the son of Tina (née Loftus), a Superdrug retail assistant, and George David, a carpenter. He was raised on the Holyrood estate. His father is Afro-Grenadian, and his mother is Anglo-Jewish and related to the Accurist watchmakers’ founders; his maternal grandfather was an Orthodox Jew, and his maternal grandmother converted to Judaism.
His parents divorced when he was eight years old, and he was raised by his mother. His religion is Judaism, and his sun sign is Taurus. He is of multiracial ethnicity and British nationality. He is 41 years old right now. He attended Bellemoor School before moving on to Southampton City College. Other students at school bullied him. As a result of this, he wrote and released the song “Johnny” in 2005, which was inspired by his memories of being bullied. His father was a bassist in the reggae band Ebony Rockers. He began accompanying his father to local dance clubs as a teen, where DJs would let him take the microphone.
|Celebrated Name||Craig David|
|Nick Name||Craig David|
|Birth Name||Craig David|
|Place Of Birth||Southampton, Hampshire|
|College / University||Southampton City College|
|Net Worth||$18 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Music Industry|
|Height||5 ft 11½ in or 182 cm|
|Weight||78 kg or 172 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
- Initially, he worked on “I’m Ready,” a B-side to British group Damage’s cover of “Wonderful Tonight.”
- Following that, he provided vocals for the English garage duo Artful Dodger on songs like “Something” and “What Ya Gonna Do.”
- Colin Lester, co-owner of Wildstar Records, offered him a development deal with his label and promoted the contract to an album deal.
- His first single, “Fill Me In,” which was released on Colin Lester’s and Ian McAndrew’s Wildstar Records, topped the UK chart and was the first of four top ten singles from his debut album “Born to Do It,” which sold more than 8 million copies worldwide and earned multi-platinum status in more than 20 countries.
- On July 17, 2001, his debut album “Born to Do It” was released in the United States, peaking at number 11 on the Billboard 200 chart and selling over one million copies.
- In 2002, he released his next album, “Slicker Than Your Average.” Slicker Than Your Average was certified Gold in the United States by the RIAA.
- The album was leaked on the internet before its official release, but David was unconcerned because he believes it “spreads the word.”
- He later signed with Warner Music and released his third album, “The Story Goes…”, worldwide in August 2005.
- On his 2007 album “London Town,” he collaborated with British rapper Kano on the single “This Is the Girl.”
- “Hot Stuff (Let’s Dance),” the first single from his album Trust Me, was released on November 5, 2007.
- On November 7, 2007, his fourth studio album “Trust Me” was released.
- On November 24, 2008, he released his first Greatest Hits album.
- He toured Russia and the Far East from February to April 2009, as well as one show in Los Angeles as part of a Greatest Hits tour.
- On March 29, 2010, his new album “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours” was released.
- On October 2, 2009, he announced via Twitter and his website to his fans that he had signed a new record deal with Universal Motown.
- He appeared as a co-host on The Morning Show in Australia on May 20, 2010.
- He announced on Twitter in January 2013 that he had signed a publishing deal with Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG).
- On December 13, 2015, he made an unexpected appearance on The X Factor.
- Craig David announced on January 25, 2016, that he had signed a recording contract with Insanity Records.
- “Following My Intuition,” David’s sixth studio album, was released on September 30, 2016 and debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart, giving him his first number-one album since his debut, Born to Do It, in 2000.
- “The Time Is Now,” his seventh studio album, was released in January 2018.
- Following that, he signed with an independent label as a solo artist to record his new album “22.” (due to be released in 2022).
- He appeared as a judge on the new talent show “Walk the Line” in 2021.
Achievements and Awards
- According to the Queen’s New Year Honours List, he has been appointed as an MBE in recognition of his services to music.
- On December 15, 2021, he received his award at Windsor Castle.
- Nominated for fourteen Brit Awards, including five times for Best British Male, and twice for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance at the Grammy Awards.
Craig David girlfriend
Craig David has not yet married and is presumed to be single. He is currently more concerned with his career than with being in a relationship. He is heterosexual in sexual orientation. He previously dated Willa Ford, Sofia Vergara, and Ada Yéspica (2004-2006).
Craig David net worth
Craig David is a well-known singer-songwriter. Craig David’s net worth is estimated to be $18 million as of 2022. His main source of wealth is the music industry, and he currently lives a lavish lifestyle. His exact salary has yet to be disclosed. He has amassed this net worth through the release of numerous songs, albums, ticket sales, concerts, endorsement deals, and other activities.
Craig David height
Craig David is a stunning singer. He has a slim build and stands 5 feet 11 inches (182 cm) tall. His body weight is 78 kg or 172 lbs. His hair is dark brown, and his eyes are the same color. He has a cropped hairstyle. Overall, he has a healthy body right now.
Did You Know?
- “Born to Do It,” his debut studio album, was released in 2000.
- He is a big fan of his hometown football team, Southampton FC.
- Craig’s father is of Grenadian descent, and his mother is of Anglo-Jewish descent.
- Gary Howard of the United Talent Agency represents him.
- His full name is Craig Ashley David.