Who is Billy Crystal?
Billy Crystal is an American actor, comedian, writer, producer, and film director best known for his role as Jodie Dallas on the 1970s and 1980s ABC comedy “Soap.” He is also well-known as a Saturday Night Live cast member and regular host. In 1978, he made his theatrical film debut as Lionel Carpenter in the comedic picture Rabbit Test. In 2001, he made his theatrical picture debut as Michael “Mike” Wazowski is the animated buddy comedy film Monsters, Inc. Keep on Truckin’, a musical comedy series was his debut TV appearance in 1975. In 1993, he made his television debut as a voice actor in Shelley Duvall’s Bedtime Stories, an animated family series.
Running Scared (1986), The Princess Bride (1987), Throw Momma from the Train (1987), Memories of Me (1988), When Harry Met Sally… (1989), City Slickers (1991), Mr. Saturday Night (1992), Analyze This (1999), and Parental Guidance (1999). (2012). In the Monsters, Inc. franchise, he gave the voice of Mike Wazowski. He appeared on Broadway in “700 Sundays” in 2004 and again in 2014, as well as in “Mr. Saturday Night” in 2022. Many of his novels have been published, including “Absolutely Mahvelous” (1986), “I Already Know I Love You” (2004), “Grandpa’s Little One” (2006), and “Still Foolin’ ‘Em: Where I’ve Been, Where I’m Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys?” (2013).
- Being a comedian, actor, writer, producer, director, and television host.
- For his roles in films and television shows such as Soap (1977–1981) as Jodie Dallas, The Princess Bride (1987) as Miracle Max, When Harry Met Sally… (1989) as Harry Burns, City Slickers (1991) as Mitch Robbins, Mr. Saturday Night (1992) as Buddy Young, Jr., Analyze This (1999) as Dr. Ben Sobel, Monsters, Inc. (2001) as Michael “Mike” Wazowski, Cars (2006) as Michael
Billy Crystal was born in Manhattan, New York, on March 14, 1948. As of 2022, he is 74 years old. William Edward Crystal is his given name. He is of American nationality and of mixed-race due to his Ashkenazi Jewish background. His zodiac sign is Pisces, and he practices Judaism. Regarding his parents, he was born to Helen Crystal, a housewife, and Jack Crystal, the owner, and operator of the Commodore Music Store. He relocated with his family as a youngster to 549 East Park Avenue in Long Beach, New York, on Long Island. He has two siblings: Joel Crystal (older brother) and Richard Crystal (younger brother) (Older Brother). His father, Jack, died in 1963 at the age of 54 after suffering a fatal heart attack while bowling, and his mother, Helen, died in 2001.
In 1965, he graduated from Long Beach High School. He attended Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia on a baseball scholarship. To be closer to his love Janice Goldfinger, Billy dropped out of Marshall University and enrolled at Nassau Community College in New York. He subsequently transferred to New York University to study in Film and Television Direction, earning a BFA from NYU’s School of Fine Arts in 1970. He also studied drama at the HB Studio in New York City’s Greenwich Village.
|Celebrated Name||Billy Crystal|
|Nick Name||Billy Crystal|
|Birth Name||William Edward Crystal|
|Place Of Death||Manhattan, New York|
|Siblings||Joel Crystal (Older Brother), Richard Crystal (Older Brother)|
|High School||Long Beach High School|
|College / University||Nassau Community College|
|Awards||Primetime Emmy Awards and more|
|Net Worth||$60 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Height||5 ft. 7 in.|
Billy Crystal Career
- Initially, he performed as a solo act at The Improv and Catch a Rising Star.
- In 1976, he featured in an episode of “All in the Family.”
- Following that, he appeared on game shows such as “The Hollywood Squares,” “All-Star Secrets,” and “The $20,000 Pyramid.”
- He rose to prominence after appearing in the TV series “Soap,” which he starred in from 1977 until 1981.
- He headlined his own variety show, “The Billy Crystal Comedy Hour,” on NBC in 1982.
- In 1996, he appeared as a guest on the third episode of Muppets Tonight.
- In 2015, he co-starred with Josh Gad in the FX comedy series “The Comedians.”
- “Rabbit Test,” directed by Joan Rivers, was his debut cinematic role.
- He had a brief appearance in Rob Reiner’s “rockumentary” This Is Spinal Tap (1984), which was followed by Running Scared (1985). (1986).
- He has appeared in a number of films, including The Princess Bride (1987), Throw Momma from the Train (1987), Memories of Me (1988), When Harry Met Sally… (1989), City Slickers (1991), Analyze This (1999), Mr. Saturday Night (1992), Parental Guidance (2012), Howl’s Moving Castle (2004), Monsters, Inc. (2001), Monsters University (June 2013), Modern Family (2017), and many more.
- He appeared as a cast member on Saturday Night Live and presented the Academy Awards in 1990–1993, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2004, 2012, and 2012.
- In the autumn of 2021, he returned to the Barrington Stage Company in Pittsfield, MA, to reprise the role of Buddy Young Jr. in a theatrical musical staging of Mr. Saturday Night.
- Crystal converted his 1992 film Mr. Saturday Night into a Broadway musical of the same name in 2022. The show began previews on Broadway at the Nederlander Theatre on March 29, 2022, and will formally open on April 27, 2022.
- He was given the Drama League Award for Theater Contribution for “his exceptional work on stages around the country and commitment to mentorship in the industry.”
Achievements and Awards
- Six Primetime Emmy nominations (out of 21 nominations)
- The Tony Award
- The Mark Twain Award for American Humor
- In 1991, he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2022, he will receive the Critics’ Choice Awards Lifetime Achievement Award.
Billy Crystal wife
Billy Crystal married his gorgeous bride, Janice Goldfinger, on June 4, 1970. The pair met for the first time while attending Nassau Community College. Jennifer Crystal, their first daughter, was born on January 26, 1973, and Lindsay Crystal, their second daughter, was born on October 21, 1977.
The pair is currently enjoying a blissful life. He is not homosexual and has a heterosexual sexual orientation.
Billy Crystal net worth
Billy Crystal has a net worth of $60 million as of 2022. He is a skilled actor, comedian, writer, producer, and film director. He has also starred in advertisements for The New York Experience and Diet Pepsi. His primary source of fortune is the entertainment sector. He is currently enjoying a wealthy lifestyle.
Billy Crystal height
Billy Crystal stands at the ideal height of 5 ft. 7 inches and weighs 70 kg. He has light brown hair and blue eyes. His other body size is yet to be revealed. His physical type is typical. He has a broad brow and a receding hairline. He usually wears narrow round-rimmed spectacles.
Did You Know?
- Crystal began presenting Comic Relief on HBO in 1986, alongside Robin Williams and Whoopi Goldberg.
- Crystal signed a one-day minor league deal with the New York Yankees on March 12, 2008, and was invited to the team’s major league spring training.
- He is also a season ticket holder for the Los Angeles Clippers.
- He was awarded the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor by the Kennedy Center in 2007.
- He was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on June 4, 1991, at 6925 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.