Who is Ana Bogdan?
Ana Bogdan is a talented Romanian tennis player who rose to No. 59 in the WTA rankings in June 2018. She had a strong junior career, rising to world No. 2 on January 5th, 2009. In May 2016, she won her first ITF event of the year in Grado, defeating Susanne Celik in the final.
She made it to the second round of the main event at the US Open, duplicating her 2016 achievement, but was eliminated in three sets by Monica Niculescu. Ana is very active on social media, where she has over 32.7K followers and 675 posts on her Instagram account.
Best Known For?
- Being a professional Romanian tennis player.
- In June 2018, she peaked at No. 59 in the WTA rankings.
Early Life/ Personal Life
Ana Bogdan was born on November 25, 1992, in Sinaia, Romania. She has Romanian nationality and is of Romanian-white ethnicity. Similarly, her faith is Christian, and she is Caucasian. Ana’s current age is 29, which she celebrated in 2021, and her zodiac sign is Sagittarius, according to her birth date. Her parents are Ioan Bogdan (father) and Monica Bogdan (mother). Ioana Bogdan, her sister, is her only sibling.
|Celebrated Name||Ana Bogdan|
|Birth Name||Ana Bogdan|
|Place Of Birth||Sinaia, Romania|
|Parents||Ioan Bogdan (father) and Monica Bogdan (mother)|
|Source of Wealth||Tennis career|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
|Hair Color||Light brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Instagram Twitter Facebook|
Tennis Career of Ana Bogdan
- Ana Bogdan began her career by winning her first ITF event of the year in Grado in May 2016, defeating Susanne Celik in the final, and then qualifying for the Bank of the West Classic in July 2016.
- She subsequently won her first-round match against Asia Muhammad before losing in three sets to Alison Riske in the second round. She then made her first WTA Tour semifinal, defeating the former world number one at the Brasil Tennis Cup.
- Ana qualified for the US Open and defeated her countrywoman, Sorana Cirstea, in the first round, her maiden main draw Grand Slam match win.
- She qualified for the main draw but was beaten in straight sets in the first round by Elena Vesnina at the Australian Open.
- She also competed in the main draw of the French Open and Wimbledon for the first time in her career, winning her first-round match at Wimbledon in straight sets against Duan Yingying.
- Bogdan made it to the second round of the main event at the US Open, repeating her performance from 2016, but was eliminated in three sets by Monica Niculescu.
- Bogdan achieves her highest Grand Slam achievement, reaching the third round after defeating 11th-seeded Kristina Mladenovic in straight sets in the opening round.
- She did not, however, qualify for the main stages of the Australian Open at the start of the new season 2020, as she lost in the last qualifying round against Ann Li.
- She had two match points in the second set but lost in three. Ana also defeated world No. 38 Veronika Kudermetova in Fed Cup while representing Romania.
Ana Bogdan Boyfriend
Ana Bogdan is a single woman. As of 2020, she is in a romantic relationship with Romanian-Italian rally driver Simone Tempestini. They are living a happy life, sharing loads of love with one other, and they are unlikely to be parted. Ana is also straight when it comes to her sexual orientation.
Ana Bogdan net worth
Ana Bogdan is one of the rare people with such a diverse breadth of expertise who stays faithful to whatever she takes on. As of 2022, she has a net worth of between $1 million and $5 million, and she earns a magnificent salary of roughly 128.2K Euros every year. Her tennis profession is also her primary source of income.
Ana Bogdan height
Ana Bogdan stands 1.71 m tall and weighs around 59 kg. Her hair is light brown, and her eyes are dark brown. Her physical build is sporty. Ana was also positive for COVID-19 in November 2020.
Did You Know?
- She was born in Sinaia and had a strong junior career, rising to No. 2 in the world on January 5, 2009.
- In 2007, she made her tour debut.
- In June 2018, she reached No. 59 in the WTA rankings.
- Bogdan advanced to the main draw of the Australian Open via qualifying but was beaten in straight sets in the first round by Elena Vesnina.
- As of 2020, she is dating Romanian-Italian rally driver Simone Tempestini.