Charles Edgar Walker Hayes (born December 27, 1979) is a pop country singer and songwriter from the United States. He has three studio albums to his credit: Reason to Rhyme on Capitol Records Nashville in 2011, Boom and Country Stuff the Album on Monument Records in 2017 and 2022, respectively.
Hayes has had many singles charts on the Billboard Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay charts, with “Fancy Like” reaching number one on both lists between late 2021 and early 2022.
Walker Hayes Age and Parents
Hayes was born in Mobile, Alabama on December 27, 1979. Charles Hayes, his father, was a realtor who died in 2021. Hayes earned a bachelor’s degree in music with a piano specialization from Birmingham-Southern College in 2002. He finished his primary and secondary education at a Local High School in Mobile, Alabama, the United States.
He then enrolled at Birmingham College, where he completed his education. From the beginning of his life, he was more interested in singing and other extracurricular activities than in academics.
|Stage Name||Walker Hayes|
|Birth Date||December 27th, 1979|
|Age||41 years old|
|Birth Place||Mobile, Alabama|
|Father’s Name||Charles Hayes|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Net Worth||$4.5 million|
|Links||Instagram Facebook Twitter|
- Hayes and his wife went to Nashville in 2005, aiming to break into the country music industry.
- He got a job writing songs for a Nashville publishing company and then signed with Mercury Records Nashville, but was immediately sacked and relocated to Capitol Records Nashville.
- “Pants,” his first single, was released in 2010. It made its debut at No. 60 on the Hot Country Songs charts for the week of September 18, 2010.
- Roughstock’s Kyle Ward gave the song 3.5 stars out of 5. Hayes launched the song’s video in December 2010.
- Hayes also sang a song he wrote about Jill and her now-husband, Derick, on an episode of 19 Kids and Counting. “Pants” and a second song, “Why Wait for Summer,” both appeared on Capitol Records’ Reason to Rhyme album.
- Hayes co-wrote and provided guest vocals on Colt Ford’s 2014 album Thanks for Listening’s “Dirty Side.”
- He also collaborated with Rodney Atkins on the late-2014 track “Eat Sleep Love You Repeat.”
- Hayes worked at Costco to support himself after losing his contract with Capitol Records.
- Hayes inked a publishing and production deal with Shane McAnally and SMACK/RareSpark in 2016, which resulted in the publication of two extended plays.
- Hayes released a single named “90’s Country” in August 2018, with the song lyrics containing numerous references to titles of country songs from the 1990s.
- Hayes released the EP Country Stuff on June 4, 2021. One of its songs, “Fancy Like,” became a TikTok viral smash and peaked at number three on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number one on the Hot Country Songs chart, becoming Hayes’ highest-charting effort to date.
- It was later released as his second single to country radio and charted at number 53 on the Billboard Country Airplay chart.
- “Fancy Like” was included in an extended play titled Country Stuff, the music from which was also included on his third studio album, Country Stuff the Album, released in 2022.
- The album also produced the singles “U Gurl” and “AA.”
Walker Hayes Wife
He got married to his lovely wife whose name is Laney Beville Hayes. He and his wife, Laney Beville Hayes, live in Thompson’s Station, Tennessee, with their six children.
Oakleigh Klover Hayes, their seventh child, and fourth girl, died shortly after birth on June 6, 2018. Laney had to have surgery following the birth due to excessive bleeding. Hayes is a Christian who has been clean and sober since 2016.
Walker Hayes Net Worth
As of 2022, Walker Hayes’ net worth is expected to be around $4.5 million USD. This comes after several years of success in the music industry. His net worth is expected to rise in the coming years as he continues to generate chart-topping tunes.
Walker Hayes Height
He is blessed with an attractive personality which is enhanced by his light brown hair and dark brown eyes. His height is 5 feet and 8 inches which is 173 centimeters.
He follows a regular and healthy diet in order to keep himself healthy with a weight of 55 kg or 121 lbs.