Tom Hopper is a British actor best known for his roles in “Merlin,” “Black Sails,” “Game of Thrones,” and “The Umbrella Academy.” He made his film debut in the 2007 film “Saxon” as Fishmonger, and his television debut in the series “Casualty.” He appeared in the Netflix film Love in the Villa, which debuted on September 1, 2022.
- As a British actor and television personality.
- For his roles in Merlin as Sir Percival, Black Sails as Billy Bones, Game of Thrones as Dickon Tarly, and The Umbrella Academy as Luther Hargreeves.
Tom Hopper Age and Ethnicity
On January 28, 1985, Tom Hopper was born with the given name Thomas Edward Hopper. As of 2022, he is 37 years old. He is from Coalville in the English county of Leicestershire. He is of British nationality and of British-Irish heritage. His father, Richard Hopper, and mother, Meredith Jean, raised him.
He has two brothers, Ben Hopper and Jack Hopper, and one sister, Emily Hopper. In terms of education, he went to Newbridge High School and Ashby School, where he first became interested in acting. He joined a drama class and performed in the musical Return to the Forbidden Planet. He attended Rose Bruford College to study acting.
|Celebrated Name||Tom Hopper|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Thomas Edward Hopper|
|Place Of Birth||Coalville, Leicestershire|
|Siblings||Ben, Jack and Emily|
|High School||Newbridge High School|
|College / University||Rose Bruford College|
|Children||Truly Rose and Freddie|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Height||6 ft 4 in or 193 cm|
|Weight||95 KG or 209.5 lbs|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Tom Hopper Career
- Tom Hopper was originally cast in “As You Like It” at the Watford Palace Theatre.
- Likewise, he has appeared in a number of television shows and films, including Saxon, Casualty, Kingdom, and Doctors.
- Additionally, in 2009, he played Marcus in the comedy-horror film Tormented.
- In addition, he played the part in a 2010 episode of “Doctor Who.”
- He went on to play Sir Percival in the BBC series “Merlin.” He first appeared on the show in the third season, in 2010, and remained a regular for the next two seasons.
- After Merlin finished in 2012, he appeared in Good Cop in 2012 and Cold in 2013.
- Hopper appeared as “Asbjörn in Northmen: A Viking Saga” in 2014.
- He was the first actor to appear in the Starz series “Black Sails.”
- Hopper appears in the thriller Kill Ratio as well as an episode of Barbarians Rising in 2016.
- Following that, he joined the cast of HBO’s “Game of Thrones” as Dickon Tarly in season 7, replacing Freddie Stroma, who had previously played the part in season 6.
- In 2018, he co-starred in “I Feel Pretty” with Amy Schumer.
- In 2019, he starred in “The Umbrella Academy” as Luther Hargreeves. To get the right look for the part, he wore a muscle suit and trained in martial arts.
- He made an appearance in the 2020 film “SAS: Red Notice.”
- He joined the cast of “Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard” in March 2019.
- He recently appeared in the Netflix film “Love in the Villa,” which will air on September 1, 2022.
Who is Tom Hopper Wife?
Tom Hopper married his longtime girlfriend turned wife, Laura Hopper, on June 7, 2014. Laura is a British actress who has been in a variety of films and television shows throughout the years, including Doctors and Hollyoaks. She made her television debut in 2013 with the show “Out Girl.”
She co-produced the romantic comedy ‘View from the Top’ in 2003 and was the executive producer of ‘Love Hurts’ in 2009. She also starred briefly on Tom’s show Black Sails in 2015 and again in the Netflix rom-com “Love in the Villa” in 2017.
Truly Rose (daughter) and Freddie (son) are Tom and Laura’s children. Prior to their marriage, they had been in a long-term relationship. They married after dating for quite some time. Freddie was diagnosed with autism before he turned five. Since then, the pair have been vocal about their journey in order to assist other parents in similar situations.
Tom Hopper Net Worth
Tom Hopper is a professional actor who has been in a number of films and television shows, including “Game of Thrones,” “The Umbrella Academy,” “Merlin,” and others. He has been a TV fixture since the 2010s. Tom Hopper’s net worth is predicted to be $5 million as of 2022.
He has made a good living from his profession, earning thousands of dollars. His yearly compensation is in the millions of dollars. He currently lives a wealthy lifestyle. He also co-owns a production firm, Pine Tree Productions, with Tom Hopper. Laura and Tom Hopper have a combined YouTube channel, The Hopper Family, where they share their family adventures with followers. He has supported a number of companies, including Giant Bicycles and Organifi vitamins.
How tall is Tom Hopper?
Tom Hopper is a gorgeous actor with a fit physique. He stands 6 feet 4 inches or 193 cm tall and weighs 95 kilograms or 209.5 pounds.
His eyes are blue, and his hair is a light brown tone. He stands tall and wears his hair short most of the time. He takes good care of his body by exercising frequently.
Did You Know?
- His astrological sign is Aquarius.
- He enjoys both rugby and golf.
- He was featured on the cover of Men’s Health Magazine (October 2015).
- Thomas Edward Hopper is his given name.
- He no longer drinks alcohol and does not consume refined sugar since the birth of his son.