The Miz is a professional wrestler, actor, and television personality from the United States. He is presently signed to WWE, where he competes on the Raw brand as The Miz. He is well-known for his spectacular WWE career and several wrestling championships. Mike appeared on nine reality series between 2001 and 2006.
Except for Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, he reached the finals of every other show and won Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Seasons (2002), The Inferno II (2005), and Fear Factor: Reality Stars (2006). In 2018, he became an executive producer of Miz & Mrs, a reality show based on his family life that aired on USA Network. He has also appeared in WWE Studios films such as The Marine series, Christmas Bounty (2013), and Santa’s Little Helper (2015).
He joined WWE in 2004 and made his main roster debut in 2006. He has won the WWE Championship twice, the Intercontinental Championship eight times, the United States Championship twice, and eight tag team championships, giving him a total of 20 WWE championships.
What makes The Miz famous?
- Being a professional wrestler, actor, and television personality in the United States.
- Winning the Money in the Bank ladder match in 2010, as well as being the only WWE Triple Crown and Grand Slam champion to win the Deep South Wrestling Heavyweight Championship.
What is the real name of The Miz?
Michael Gregory Mizanin, better known as The Miz, was born on October 8, 1980, in Parma, Ohio, USA. George Mizanin and Barbara Pappas raised him. When he was 11 years old, his parents split and he moved in with his mother and stepfather Donnie. He has two half-siblings: Johnny, his brother, and Tonia, his sister.
George Mizanin, his father, runs multiple Mr. Hero sandwich stores in the Cleveland area. Barbara Pappas, also known as Queenie, is a healthcare practitioner and psychology graduate. His nationality is American, and his ethnicity is mixed, with Austrian, Hungarian, Slovak, and Romanian ancestors on his father’s side and Greek, German, and English ancestors on his mother’s.
He was the captain of the basketball and cross country teams at Normandy High School. Similarly, he was a member of the student government and the editor of his high school yearbook, as well as a swimmer. He later attended Miami University and was a member of the Theta Chi fraternity. He attended the Richard T. Farmer School of Business. As of 2021, he will be 41 years old.
|Celebrated Name||The Miz|
|Age||41 Years Old|
|Nick Name||The Miz|
|Birth Name||Michael Gregory Mizanin|
|Place Of Birth||Parma, Ohio|
|Father||George Mizanin, Donnie (step-father)|
|High School||Normandy High School|
|Net Worth||$20 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Fighting Career|
|Children||Monroe Sky Mizanin and Madison Jade|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
The Miz Career
Career in Television
- The Miz rose to prominence as a reality television contestant in 2001, when he appeared on MTV’s “The Real World: Back to New York.”
- From 2002 to 2005, he appeared in its offshoot series, “Real World/Road Rules Challenge,” alongside contestants from both Road Rules and The Real World, in episodes such as Battle of the Seasons, The Gauntlet, The Inferno, Battle of the Sexes 2, and The Inferno 2.
- He advanced to the finals of The Gauntlet and The Inferno, as well as winning the Battle of the Seasons and The Inferno II.
- In addition, he reached the finals of Battle of the Network Reality Stars and won a three-part Reality Stars-themed Fear Factor episode in 2006.
- He appeared in the game show “Identity” in April 2007.
- He returned to “The Challenge” on April 4, 2012, after a seven-year sabbatical, as the host of The Battle of the Exes season finale event and reunion special. It was The Miz’s first appearance on the show since becoming a main-event WWE Superstar.
- Since then, he has been a regular reunion host as well as the host of the mini-series “The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars.”
- He and his wife, Maryse, participated in their own reality show, “Miz & Mrs.,” which debuted in 2018.
- In 2020, he appeared in a second show on the USA, this time as the host of the reality game show “Cannonball.”
- Mizanin was featured on the Sci-Fi reality show “Ghost Hunters Live” in 2008.
- Mizanin was first featured on “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?” in 2009, followed by “Destroy Build Destroy,” “Psych,” “Pair of Kings,” and “Christmas Bounty.”
- Mizanin was revealed as one of the celebrities competing in the thirty-first season of “Dancing with the Stars” in September 2021. He and his partner Witney Carson were the seventh pair to be eliminated, finishing ninth overall.
- Mizanin appeared briefly in the archival video in the Netflix docuseries “Trainwreck: Woodstock ’99” in 2022.
- The Miz began his wrestling career by signing with Ultimate Pro Wrestling and attending Ultimate University.
- In 2003, he made his ring debut as The Miz.
- In October 2004, he competed in the fourth season of “Tough Enough,” a televised tournament that gave the winner a WWE contract and $1,000,000.
- Mizanin was believed to have been moved to OVW on January 3, 2006.
- On January 18, 2006, he made his OVW TV debut as Miz with a Miz TV segment in which he was shown conversing backstage.
- He debuted as a wrestler on the April 21 episode of SmackDown! and as the show’s host on June 2.
- Following the conclusion of the Diva Search tournament, he began wrestling as a villain, making his in-ring debut on the September 1 episode of SmackDown! with a victory over Tatanka.
- On January 28, 2007, he was the 29th participant in the Royal Rumble match, however, he only lasted seven seconds before being eliminated by The Great Khali.
- On June 17, 2007, he was drafted to the ECW brand as part of the 2007 supplementary draft.
- He made his ECW debut on July 10 in a bout against Nunzio, which he won.
- On the November 16 episode of SmackDown!, he and John Morrison defeated Matt Hardy and Montel Vontavious Porter to become one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions, earning Miz his first championship within the company.
- During a WWE house show in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada on December 13, Miz and Morrison defeated Kofi Kingston and CM Punk to win the World Tag Team Championship.
- He was defeated by Cena in a lumberjack match on the August 3 episode of Raw.
- In a fatal four-way match on the June 14 episode of Raw, he defeated R-Truth, John Morrison, and Zack Ryder to reclaim the United States Championship for the second time. At the Fatal 4-Way pay-per-view, he defended his championship against R-Truth.
- He won Raw’s Money in the Bank ladder match on July 18 at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view to receive a contract for a WWE Championship bout that he could use at any time.
- Following that, he made his first successful championship defense, defeating Jerry “The King” Lawler in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match after Michael Cole interfered.
- He defeated Christian to win his first Intercontinental Championship at Raw 1000, becoming the 25th Triple Crown Champion and a Grand Slam Champion in the process.
- On April 6, 2014, at WrestleMania XXX, he competed in the André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal but was defeated by Santino Marella.
- On the Raw show after WrestleMania 32, he won the Intercontinental Championship for the seventh time, after his wife Maryse returned to WWE and distracted Zack Ryder by hitting his father, thereby becoming his manager, and the two became an on-screen power couple.
- Maryse assisted Miz in winning the WWE Championship for the sixth time on the 900th episode of SmackDown on November 15.
- On November 20, he successfully defended his championship against Raw’s Sami Zayn at Survivor Series after Maryse prematurely rang the bell, causing a distraction.
- On September 25, he successfully defended his championship against Jordan at No Mercy.
- After a brief sabbatical, he returned in January 2018 to reclaim the Intercontinental Championship from Reigns on the 25th anniversary of Raw, kicking up his ninth reign with the title.
- On April 8, he lost the Intercontinental title to Seth Rollins in a triple threat match that also included Finn Bálor, his first pinfall loss at WrestleMania.
- Miz was drafted to Raw as part of the 2019 WWE Superstar Shake-up on April 15.
- Miz was picked for the SmackDown brand as part of the 2019 draft.
- He competed in the 2020 Royal Rumble match but was eliminated in 30 seconds by eventual winner Drew McIntyre.
- He was drafted to the Raw brand with Morrison during the 2020 WWE Draft in October.
- Miz and Maryse returned to Raw on November 29th, where they confronted Edge. The following week on Raw, after another heated discussion between the two during the Miz TV segment, Miz challenged Edge to a Day 1 bout, which Edge accepted.
- He was defeated by Edge on Day 1. On the next Raw, he accepted Edge and Beth Phoenix’s challenge for a mixed tag team match between him and Maryse at the Royal Rumble, which Edge and Phoenix won.
- He defeated The Mysterios with the help of social media personality, Logan Paul, at WrestleMania 38.
- After the match, he turned on Logan Paul and performed his finishing move, the Skull Crushing Finale.
- They started a feud, which led to a bout at SummerSlam, which Paul won.
The Miz Awards and Achievements
The Baltimore Sun
- Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2009)
- Tag Team of the Year (2008) – with John Morrison
Deep South Wrestling
- DSW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Ohio Valley Wrestling
- OVW Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Chris Cage
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2011)
- Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2016)
- Ranked No. 1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2011
- Ranked No. 8 of the 10 best WWE wrestlers of 2016
- WWE Wrestler of the Year (2017)
World Wrestling Entertainment/WWE
- WWE Championship (2 times)
- WWE Intercontinental Championship (8 times)
- WWE United States Championship (2 times)
- WWE Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with John Morrison (1), Big Show (1), John Cena (1), and Damien Mizdow (1)
- WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Shane McMahon (1) and John Morrison (1)
- World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with John Morrison (1) and Big Show (1)
- Mixed Match Challenge (Season 1) – with Asuka
- Money in the Bank (Raw 2010)
- Twenty-fifth Triple Crown Champion
- Fifth Grand Slam Champion (under the current format, fourteenth overall)
- First two-time Grand Slam Champion
- Slammy Award (2 times) – Best WWE.com Exclusive (2008) The Dirt-Sheet – with John Morrison and Tag Team of the Year (2008) – with John Morrison
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Most Improved (2008, 2009)
- Tag Team of the Year (2008) – with John Morrison
- Worst Match of the Year (2021) vs. Damian Priest at WrestleMania Backlash
What is The Miz’s net worth?
The Miz is an accomplished professional wrestler, actor, and television personality. He has been a member of World Wrestling Entertainment for nearly two decades. He is not just one of their most successful professional wrestlers, but also one of their most popular reality personalities. He has amassed a sizable wealth as a result of his professional endeavors. The Miz’s net worth is believed to be $20 million as of 2022.
He earns more than $2 million every year. His main source of riches is his wrestling profession, but he also makes a lot of money in the entertainment business. He earns a lot of money as a result of his winnings and his appearance on WWE goods. He also makes money through the Pay-Per-View system. He is an endorser of WWE SmackDown products. He owns a $3.65 million home in Hollywood Hills. However, he purchased the residence five years prior for $1.865 million. He is reported to own a number of high-end vehicles, including an Audi. He is currently living a wealthy lifestyle.
The Miz Wife
The Miz is married to Maryse Ouellet, his longtime lover. They began dating in 2008 and were engaged in 2012. The pair married in The Bahamas on February 20, 2014.
Monroe Sky Mizanin (born March 2018) and Madison Jade Mizanin are their two daughters (b. September 2019). She is a fellow French-Canadian WWE wrestler. His sexual orientation is heterosexual. He had previous relationships with Roni Johan, Leyla EI, Tara McDaniel, Trishelle Cannatella, Christena Pyle, and Kendal Sheppard.
How tall is The Miz?
The Miz is a professional wrestler with a bodybuilder physique. He is 6 ft 2 in tall or 188 cm tall, and his body weight is 100 kg or 220.5 lbs.
His hair is light brown, and his eyes are blue. He wears his hair in a fauxhawk. As a wrestler, he takes good care of his physique by exercising frequently.
Did You Know?
- His astrological sign is Libra.
- He began wrestling training at the age of 22.
- He owns two cats, Spice and Latte, as well as two dogs, a Doberman named Pumpkin and a small pinscher named Spice.
- During season 30 of Dancing with the Stars in September 2021, he was partnered with Witney Carson.