Shane Patrick Paul Roche, better known by his stage name Shane Richie, is a British actor, comedian, television host, and singer. He is well known for his role as Alfie Moon in the BBC One soap drama “EastEnders” from 2002 and 2005. Richie made his debut appearance on terrestrial television in 1990, as one of the comics on the BBC One sketch show “Up to Something!”
He began his professional career as a bluecoat entertainer at Pontins Holiday Camp Little Canada on the Isle of Wight at a very young age. He is also a patron of the Huntington’s Disease Association in the United Kingdom. In addition, Richie revealed in July 2022 that he would reprise his role as Alfie, returning to the soap in the autumn.
- He is a British actor, comedian, TV host, and singer.
- In the BBC One soap series “EastEnders,” he played Alfie Moon.
Shane Richie was born on March 11, 1964, with the given name Shane Patrick Paul Roche. He is of British nationality and British-white heritage, having been born in Kensington, London, England. Similarly, he is of the Christian faith and of the white race.
He will be 58 years old in 2022, and his star sign is Pisces, according to his birthdate. He is the son of Harry Roche, and his mother’s name is unknown. Moving on, Shane attended Willesden High School and was a part of a youth theatre as a child.
|Celebrated Name||Shane Richie|
|Age||58 Years old.|
|Birth Name||Shane Patrick Roche|
|Place Of Birth||Kensington, London, England|
|Famous For||Being a British actor, comedian, television presenter and singer.|
|Best Known For||For his portrayal of the character Alfie Moon in the BBC One soap opera “EastEnders”.|
|High School||Willesden High School|
|Awards||National Television Awards|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||70 kg (155 lbs)|
|Hair Color||Light brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Shane Richie Career
- Shane Richie began his musical career in musicals such as “Boogie Nights” and the 1993 London staging of “Grease.”
- In 1997, he released “The Album,” then in 2000, he released “Once Around the Sun.”
- Then, around Christmas 2005, he appeared in a touring production of “Scrooge: The Musical,” and in the pantomime “Cinderella” at the Wycombe Swan Theatre in High Wycombe as Buttons.
- In 2017, he also signed with East West Records and released his debut country music album, “A Country Soul,” on November 10th, 2017.
- Later in his career, he began hosting the game program “Lucky Numbers” and acted in the 1985 film “The Shane Richie Experience.”
- From 2002 to 2003, he starred in “Night and Day” as the wicked Danny Dexter, as well as in the comedy films “Dead Clean” and “Distant Shadow.”
- In addition, he was executive producer for the British film “Shoreditch,” in which he also played a lead role, albeit he starred in the ITV drama “The Good Samaritan,” “Father Frank” for BBC One in 2007, and “Skins” on Channel 4 as Bruce Gelcart.
- Richie participated in a Channel 5 remake of the series “Minder” in February 2009, as well as a one-off television drama called “Whatever It Takes” the following year.
- In 2019, he shot “Caravanning With Shane Richie” for Channel 5, and it was confirmed that Richie would compete in the 20th series of “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!” in November 2020.
- Furthermore, he joined the cast of “EastEnders” as Alfie Moon in 2002 but departed the show on Christmas Day 2005, although he revealed on “The One Show” that his character Alfie Moon would return to “EastEnders” on July 23rd, 2009.
- Following that, in 2003, he produced and starred in the film “Shoreditch,” and in 2006, he played a rat named Sid in the Aardman Animation feature “Flushed Away.”
- In addition, in 2003, he published his autobiography “Rags to Richie.”
- Shane will also appear as himself in the British survival reality television show “I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!” in 2020.
- Furthermore, it was reported in July 2022 that he would return to the soap in the autumn to reprise the role of Alfie.
Shane Richie Wife
Shane Richie is a husband. He married his lovely bride Christie Goddard, and their marriage is going swimmingly. Despite the fact that the couple has three children, they are considering adopting a kid following his “I’m A Celebrity” appearance.
Shane previously married Coleen Nolan in 1990, and the couple had two boys, Shane Roche Jr. (born 1988) and Jake Roche (born 1990). (born 1992). The couple’s romance was short-lived; they divorced in 1999. In terms of sexual orientation, he is straight.
Shane Richie Net Worth
Shane Richie’s net worth as of 2022 is $20 million. He also makes a good wage, which is in the thousands of dollars every year. He is one of the rare people with such a diverse breadth of experience who stays true to whatever he takes on.
Furthermore, his acting and television presenting careers are his primary sources of income. He is dedicated to his work. But he is putting in the effort to provide a stable financial situation for himself and his family.
Shane Richie Height
Shane Richie has a wonderful height of 6 ft 1 in (1.83 m) and a healthy weight of 70 kg (155 lbs). He has light brown hair and dark brown eyes, and his body type is average. Shane appears to have kept fit throughout the years through regular workouts.
Did You Know?
- He was chosen for the character of Alfie because of his familiarity with audiences through a series of television commercials.
- He appeared on the reality show I’m a Celebrity…
- In 2020, get me out of here.
- Shane published his autobiography, Rags to Richie, in 2003.
- He married Christie Goddard in 2007.
- He said in an interview that he had previously breached the law by coordinating ticket touts outside of movie theaters.