Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, better known as Sergej, is a Serbian professional footballer. He is now a member of the Serie A club Lazio as well as the Serbia national team. His position on the field is that of a midfielder.
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic played for Sporting and Grazer AK’s youth teams. In 2006, he joined Vojvodina’s youth team and began his professional career with the club, where he helped them win the Serbian Cup in 2013-14. He signed a five-year contract with Belgian club Genk in June 2014 and was handed the number 20 shirt. He played 24 games for Genk before joining Lazio in Italy a year later. He has made almost 250 appearances with Lazio, winning the Coppa Italia and the Supercoppa Italiana twice.
Sergej Milinkovi-Savi, who was born in Spain, represents Serbia on the international stage. He has represented Serbia at a number of different ages. He has played for Serbia at the U19, U20, U21, and senior levels. He was a member of the Serbian U20 team that won the FIFA U20 World Cup in 2015, and he was awarded the tournament’s Bronze Ball for his efforts. On November 10, 2017, he made his senior international team debut for Serbia.
- Being a professional footballer in Serbia.
- For his work as a midfielder for the Serie A club Lazio.
Sergej Milinkovi-Savi was born on February 27th, 1995. His hometown is Lleida, Spain. He is of Spanish and Serbian descent. He is of the Caucasian ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christianity, and his zodiac sign is Pisces, according to his birthdate. His father, Nikola Milinkovi, and mother, Milijana Savi, gave birth to him.
His father, Nikola Milinkovi, is a retired Serbian midfielder, while his mother, Milijana Savi, was a competitive basketball player. He grew up with his younger brother Vanja Milinkovi-Savi, a Serbian professional footballer who plays goalie for the Italian team Torino. He also has one younger sister, Jana Milinkovi-Savi. His educational background is presently unavailable.
|Celebrated Name||Sergej Milinković-Savić|
|Age||27 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Sergej Milinković-Savić|
|Nationality||Spanish and Serbian|
|Place Of Birth||Lleida, Spain|
|Awards||2015 FIFA U20 World Cup Bronze Ball, 2018-19 Serie A Best Midfielder, etc.|
|Height||6 ft. 3 inches|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||€7.5 Million|
- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic played for Sporting and Grazer AK’s youth teams.
- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic joined Vojvodina’s youth team in 2006 and began his professional career there.
- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic was a midfielder who rose from the young group that won two straight national youth championships. As a result, on December 26, 2012, he signed his first professional contract with the club, a three-year deal.
- He made his senior squad debut for Vojvodina on November 23, 2013, in a 3-0 away loss to Jagodina, after progressing through the youth ranks. In a 1-1 away tie with Spartak Subotica on March 9, 2014, he scored his first goal for the club. In total, he made 16 appearances for the club, scoring four goals and contributing one assist in all competitions as Vojvodina won the Serbian Cup in 2013-14, the club’s centenary year.
- Sergej Milinkovic signed a five-year contract with Belgian club Genk in June 2014 for a price of €1 million and was given the number 20 jersey. On August 2, 2014, he made his debut for the club in a 1-1 tie against Cercle Brugge.
- In a 1-1 draw against KSC Lokeren on January 18, 2015, he scored his first goal for the club. During the 2014-15 season, he appeared in 24 games for the team, scoring 5 goals and providing 1 assist.
- Sergej Milinkovicjoined the Italian club Lazio on July 31, 2015, for a cost of €12 million. On 18 August 2015, he made his debut for the club in a 1-0 home win over Bayer Leverkusen in the first leg of the Champions League play-off round.
- In a 1-1 Europa League match with Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk on September 17, 2015, he scored his first goal for the club. In a 3-1 away win over Fiorentina on January 9, 2016, he scored his first Serie A goal for the club. In his first season, he appeared in 35 games for the team, scoring three goals and providing one assist.
- Sergej Milinkovic scored seven goals in 39 appearances for Lazio in his second season (league and cup).
- Sergej Milinkovic became S.S. Lazio’s most prolific midfielder on Sunday, December 5, 2021, scoring against Sampdoria. He surpassed Pavel Nedved, who had held the record for over a decade with 33 goals.
- Sergej Milinkovic has made almost 250 games with Lazio, winning the Coppa Italia and the Supercoppa Italiana twice.
- Sergej Milinkovic, who was born in Spain, represents Serbia at the international level.
- Sergej Milinkovic has represented Serbia for many ages.
- Sergej Milinkovic has played for Serbia at the U19, U20, U21, and senior levels.
- Sergej Milinkovic won the gold medal for Serbia at the 2013 UEFA Under19 Championship.
- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic was a member of the Serbian U20 team that won the FIFA U20 World Cup in 2015, and he was awarded the tournament’s Bronze Ball for his efforts.
- Sergej Milinkovi-Savi then played in the 2014 UEFA U19 Championship, where his team was ousted in the semi-finals on penalties by Portugal. In the penalty shootout, he missed Serbia’s final spot-kick.
- Sergej Milinkovic represented Serbia at the 2017 UEFA European U21 Championship in the summer of 2017.
- Sergej Milinkovic gained his first call-up to the entire squad in October 2015, for Serbia’s UEFA Euro 2016 qualifiers against Albania and Portugal. In both games, he was an unused substitute.
- Sergej Milinkovic was named to Serbia’s squad for friendlies against China and South Korea on October 30, 2017.
- Sergej Milinkovic earned his senior international debut for Serbia in a 2-0 friendly win over China on November 10, 2017.
- Sergej Milinkovic was named to Serbia’s World Cup team in June 2018, and he played in all three group stage matches.
- Sergej Milinkovic scored his first international goal for Serbia on October 8, 2020, scoring twice in a 2-1 win over Norway in the Euro 2020 qualification play-off semi-finals.
- Sergej Milinkovic has 34 caps and 6 goals for Serbia since making his debut.
Awards and Achievements
- Won the 2013-14 Serbian Cup with Vojvodina.
- Won the 2018-19 Coppa Italia with Lazio.
- Won the 2017, 2019 Supercoppa Italiana with Lazio.
- Won the 2013 UEFA European U19 Championship with Serbia U19.
- Won the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup with Serbia U20.
- Won the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup Bronze Ball.
- Won the 2018-19 Serie A Best Midfielder.
- Won the 2020-21, 2021-22 Lazio Player of the Season.
- Serie A Team of the Year: 2017-18
- Serie A Player of the Month: December 2019, January 2021
Sergej is a married man, according to his personal life. He married his gorgeous sweetheart, Natalija Ilic, after a long relationship. Natalija Ilic, his wife, is a Serbian blogger and doctor who studied medicine in Serbia before coming to Rome after finishing her studies.
The couple began dating in 2017. After five years together, the couple is officially engaged. They are frequently spotted traveling across the world together and sharing a few images on their social media profiles. They are currently having a happy life together.
Sergej Milinkovic is a Serbian professional footballer who currently plays for Lazio in Serie A. He signed a five-year contract with Belgian club Genk in June 2014 for a price of €1 million. He joined the Italian club Lazio in July 2015 for a cost of €12 million. His net worth is estimated to be €7.5 million as of 2022, with his current club paying him £3.9 million each year.
Aside from that, he receives a substantial amount of money via sponsorship, national team wages, endorsement deals with major brands such as Nike, and more. Furthermore, his market value is roughly €70 million. He lives a lavish lifestyle thanks to his big fortune.
Sergej Milinkovi-Savi is 1.91m tall, which equates to 6 feet and 3 inches. His body weight is 76kg. He also has an athletic body type. His eyes are dark, and his hair is blonde. His chest measurement is 42 inches, his arms are 14 inches, and his waist is 32 inches.
Furthermore, his sexual orientation is straight. He exercises frequently to keep his body in shape. Overall, he has a healthy body with tattoos on various regions of it.
Did You Know?
- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is of Spanish and Serbian descent.
- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, who was born in Spain, represents Serbia at the international level.
- His father, Nikola Milinkovic, is a retired Serbian midfielder, while his mother, Milijana Savi, was a competitive basketball player.
- Vanja Milinkovic-Savic, his younger brother, is a Serbian professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for the Italian team Torino.