Sandeep Kumar (born 1 May 1986) is a racewalker from India. He competed in the 50-kilometer walk event at the 2015 World Athletics Championships in Beijing, China.
He also competed in the 2016 Rio Olympics, finishing 35th in the 50-kilometer race walk with a timing of 4:07:55. He finished 23rd in the 20-kilometer race walk at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. He now holds the national records for race walking distances of 50km and 20km.
Sandeep Kumar, an Indian track and field athlete, was born on May 1, 1986. Sandeep, who hails from a small hamlet in Haryana, has risen to become one of India’s top track and field competitors.
Sandeep Kumar was born in a farmer’s family and has no sporting experience. However, his acceptance into the Jat Regiment Centre enticed him to pursue racewalking professionally and dream of winning an Olympic medal. Sandeep was exposed to the sport two years after joining the Indian Army’s Jat Regiment center in 2006.
Racewalking is a track and field event that requires your feet to be in mid-air at all times or risk being disqualified. Walking, in addition to the inherent stamina, technique, and fitness requirements of any long-distance race, requires your mental attention like no other sport.
|Birthdate||May 1, 1986 (Thursday)|
|Age||36 years old|
|Birth Place||Mahendragarh, Haryana, India|
|Height(Approx)||In feets: 5’7″
In centimeters: 170 cm
|Weight(Approx)||In kgs: 60kg
In pounds: 132 lbs
|Father Name||Not Known|
|Mother Name||Not Known|
|School||It will Be Updated Soon|
|College||It will Be Updated Soon|
|Education Qualification||It will Be Updated Soon|
|Wife/Spouse||It will Be Updated Soon|
|Children||It will Be Updated Soon|
Career and Achievements
- Sandeep Kumar set a new national mark, formerly held by Basant Bahadur Rana (3:56:48) at the 2012 London Olympics, by clocking 3:56:22 at the 2014 IAFF World Race Walking camp in Taicang, China.
- Sandeep qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics with a time of 1:23:32 in the Men’s 20km walk at the IAFF Race Walking Challenge in Portugal.
- Sandeep Kumar made news in 2018 when he set a national record in the 50km event at the National Race Walking Championships, clocking 3:56:00. The next year, he won gold in the same event again, this time in 3:56:71 seconds.
- Due to ongoing issues with coach Alexander Artsybashev, he relocated his training camp from Bengaluru SAI Center to NIS Patiala.
- “I was having difficulties with the coach.” Athlete performance can only improve if there is an agreement with the coach, but he (Alexander) had stopped listening to me. I requested that the AFI allow me to train with another coach. “My AFI was accepted, and I am now training in NIS Patiala under Surender Kumar sir,” Sandeep stated in an interview with TOI.
- “I qualified for the 2017 World Championships in London in both the 20km and 50km events, but he (Alexander) ripped out my name and replaced it with K Ganapathi (20km event).” He also entered Ganapathi in the 20km race in Rio instead of me. “Working with Alexander is like working under pressure,” he continued.
Sandeep Kumar Height
He is blessed with an attractive personality which is enhanced by his black hair and black eyes. His height is 5 feet and 7 inches which is 170 centimeters.
He follows a regular and healthy diet in order to keep himself healthy with a weight of 60 kg or 132 lbs.
Weight: 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Sandeep Kumar Net Worth
According to some Internet sources, his estimated net worth is around $200K approx.
Sandeep Kumar Wife
There is no information available with regards to his wife, girlfriend, and any relationships. It is believed that he is single and enjoyed his life with his family and friends.