Richard Moore (May 7, 1972 – died March 28, 2022; age 49) was a well-known journalist, racing cyclist, author, and media figure from Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland. He was well-known throughout the country for his incredible podcast, ‘The Cycling Podcast.’ He launched weekly episodes, spin-offs, huge events throughout the world, and many other things on his podcast.
He has also written a number of novels as an author. In Search of Robert Millar, Slaying the Badger, A Journey Through the Cycling Year, and many other works are among his works. He shot to fame in March 2022, following the news of his death. Moore’s personal Facebook account and ‘The Cycling Podcast’ official Twitter handle both announced his death.
According to investigations, he died on March 28, 2022, of natural causes. His death touched many individuals close to him, including his family, wife, children, and friends.
Richard Moore Biography
Richard was born on the 7th of May. According to official records, he was born in 1972 to his parents in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland. According to his Twitter, he was living with his family in Oise, Picardie, France. He was 49 years old (at the time of his death).
People referred to him as ‘The Buffalo.’ He went to a local school with his siblings for his education. Then, he enrolled in a prestigious high school to enhance his education. Well, he never revealed his top qualifications on the internet.
|Full Real Name||Richard Moore.|
|Net worth||USD 2-3 Million (approx.).|
|Birthday||7 May 1972.|
|Date of Death||28 March 2022.|
|Age (at the time of death)||49 years old.|
|Profession||Author, Journalist, and Podcast host.|
|Birth Place||Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.|
|Death Cause||Natural causes.|
|Alma Mater||Private school in Scotland.|
Richard Moore Wife, Wedding & Kids
Richard Moore was a gifted and intelligent man. We discovered that he was married when scrolling through his Instagram account, however, the identity of his wife remains unknown. He has a lot of images of his family on his social media accounts.
Furthermore, information concerning their initial encounter and wedding is still withheld. Moreover, Richard was the delighted father of a wonderful boy. His son’s name is hidden beneath the drapes. He would be around 6-7 years old at the time of this story’s creation.
|Spouse||Name not known.|
|Girlfriend||Name not known.|
|Son||1 son (name not found).|
Richard Moore Family (Ethnicity & Nationality)
Moore expressed his longing for his mother. We discovered through his social media handles that his mother died roughly 17-18 years ago following a struggle with pancreatic cancer. His father and mother’s names, on the other hand, remain unknown. He shared some information about his grandparents.
His grandfather’s name is Drummond, and his grandmother’s name is Peggie Hunter. Peggie Hunter spent several years as a nurse. Richard has two brothers in addition to this. Richard Moore brother’s names are Robin Moore and Peter Moore. Aside from that, he was of Scottish ethnicity and practiced Christianity. Furthermore, he was of white ethnic origin.
|Siblings||Brothers: Robin Moore and Peter Moore.
Richard Moore Death Cause
Richard died on March 28, 2022, according to the official Twitter handle of The Cycling Podcast (Monday). According to his Facebook page, he died at the home of natural causes.
His relatives feared he died of a heart attack. He was only 49 years old when he died. His demise came as a surprise to his followers and family members. Many individuals are sending condolence messages over social media.
Richard Moore Height, Weight & Physical Appearance
This eminent personality, Moore was born on 7 May 1972 and has turned 49 years old as of 2022. Moore is blessed with a charming personality which is complemented by his blonde hair and blue eyes.
His height is 5 feet and 9 inches which is 175 centimeters. He follows a regular and healthy diet in order to keep himself healthy with a weight of 65 kg or 143 lbs.
|Height (approx.)||In Feet Inches: 5′ 9″.
In Meters: 1.75 m.
In Centimeters: 175 cm.
|Weight (approx.)||In Kilograms: 65 kg.
In Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Shoe Size||8 US.|
Richard Moore’s Cycling Career, Journalism & Profession
- Moore was influenced by racing bicycles since he was a child. He fully decided to become a racer when he grew older.
- According to reports, he competed in several contests and represented the United Kingdom at the Tour of Langkawi.
- He competed at the Commonwealth Games in 1998.
- He then became a bicycle journalist, covering news about sports and various contests.
- In 2013, he co-hosted his own podcast, ‘The Cycling Podcast,’ with Daniel Friebe and Lionel Birnie.
- People like his great podcast, which covers numerous cycling events.
- Moreover, the podcast has weekly broadcasts and spin-offs.
- Richard Moore, as everyone knows, was also a novelist.
- He has published several books. Sky’s the Limit: British Cycling’s Quest to Conquer the Tour de France, The Grand Tour Diaries 2018/19Tour de France 100: A Photographic History of the World’s Greatest Race, A Journey Through the Cycling Year, Étape: 20 Great Stages from the Modern Tour de France, and many others were among his books.
Richard Moore Net worth & Income Sources
The popular journalist was living a wonderful life with his family. He had a house in France and preferred to keep it immaculate. He also played with his son in the garden of his house. Moreover, he possessed a bicycle, a vehicle, and some other items.
He was making a nice living from numerous sources such as journalism, authorship, advertisements, podcasts, and so on. He is computed to have a net worth of USD 2-3 million (approx.).
Facts You Must Know About Richard Moore
- He received the Cycling Media Awards for best podcast in 2016.
- Richard’s debut book, ‘In Search of Robert Millar,’ received the British Sports Book Award for best biography.
- He enjoyed celebrating Halloween and other holidays with his family.
- Richard enjoyed spending time with his family very much.
- In his leisure time, the well-known journalist drank alcohol.
- He traveled to numerous areas for journalism.
- Richard Moore has shared photos of numerous residences and natural settings on social media.
Richard Moore Wikipedia, Instagram & Social Profiles