It takes a lot of patience and a lot of time to create something worthwhile, this line has been very well proved by Rachel Maclean who is an English politician and has served as Redditch’s representative in Worchestershire since 2017. Conservative Party member formerly worked as Sajid Javid’s Parliamentary Private Secretary (PPS) from September 2019 to February 2020 and as his Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State from February 2020 to September 2021.
She was promoted to the position of Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Safeguarding in September 2021 amid a cabinet reshuffle.
Personal life/Early life
On October 3, 1965, Rachel Maclean was born. Rachel Helen Cooke was born. She was born in Madras, the capital of India’s Madras State. She is a citizen of Great Britain. Her parents are David Cooke, her father, and Anthea Cooke, her mother. She faiths in Christianity religion and is of the white ethnicity.
She is a Libra by birth. She studied Experimental Psychology at St. Hugh’s College in Oxford as part of her scholastic background. Later, she graduated from Aston University with a master’s degree in Work and occupational psychology.
As we talking about her relationship, A married lady, Rachel Maclean. David Maclean is her husband. In 1992, the pair exchanged vows. Three sons and a daughter make up their collective family of four kids. Phoebe and Herbie, two rescue dogs, are her pets.
|Age||56 Years (as of 2021)|
|Birth Place||Madra, Madras State, India|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
|Height(Approx)||In feets: 5’6″
In centimeters: 168 cm
|Weight(Approx)||In kgs: 70 kg
In pounds: 154 lbs
|Hair Color||Dark Blonde|
|Father Name||David Cooke|
|Mother Name||Anthea Cooke|
|College||St Hugh’s College, Oxford, Aston University|
|Education Qualification||Master’s degree in Work and Occupational Psychology|
|Favorite Actor||Not known|
|Favorite Color||Not known|
|Favorite Actress||Not known|
|Favorite Destination||Not known|
- In 1989, Rachel Maclean began working for the bank HSBC after graduating.
- She joined a fast-track management program and worked in China, Australia, and Japan.
- She and her spouse started an information technology-focused publishing firm in 2005.
- When she ran for the Birmingham Northfield seat in the general election of 2015, her political career officially began.
- She came in second place, after Richard Burden, the current Labour Party MP.
- She was chosen to represent the Conservative party in the 2017 Redditch snap general election, which was scheduled for June. She prevailed in the vote.
- Between September 2017 and June 2018, she served on the Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy Committee.
- She served as co-chair of Andy Street’s successful bid for mayor of the West Midlands. In February 2018, she was chosen to lead the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Women in Parliament.
- She also rose to the position of chair for the APPG on Endangered Species and the APPG on Carers.
- In March 2018, she was appointed to the position of Parliamentary Private Secretary (PPS) in the Home Office.
- In September 2019, Sajid Javid, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, named her as his PPS.
- Since February 2020, she has served as the Department of Transport’s Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State.
- In September 2021, she was named Minister for Safeguarding in the Home Office as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State.
- In a May 2022 interview with Sky News, Maclean stated that some individuals who are having trouble keeping up with growing costs might want to think about putting in more hours or finding a better-paying job.
- Later, she said that the “long-term” plan wouldn’t work for all homes and that her remarks had been unfairly taken out of context. A death threat was among the “torrent of personal assaults” Maclean claimed to have received.
- Maclean left her job as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Safeguarding on July 6, 2022, citing a lack of trust in the Prime Minister as a result of the Chris Pincher Scandal.
- In the 2022 contest for the leadership of the Conservative Party, Maclean first supported Sajid Javid and subsequently Kemi Badenoch.
Wealth and Net Worth
Since 2017, Rachel Maclean has served as the representative for Redditch, Worchestershire. She held a variety of jobs before entering politics. She performed work as part of HSBC’s fast-track management program in China, Australia, and Japan.
In 2005, Maclean and her husband David started an information technology-focused publishing firm. She earns a respectable living. Her present estimated net worth is $2 million.
This eminent personality, Rachel was born on 3 October 1965 and has turned 56 years old as of 2021. She is blessed with an attractive personality which is enhanced by her dark blonde hair and brown eyes. Her height is tall. She follows a regular and healthy diet in order to keep herself healthy with a balanced weight.
Some Amazing Facts at A Glance About Rachel Maclean:
- In the June 2016 membership referendum, she cast a ballot in favor of the UK’s continued membership in the EU.
- In March 2019, she voted in favor of Theresa May’s Brexit separation deal.
- In the 2019 contest for the leadership of the Conservative Party, she backed Michael Gove.
- She worked for the bank HSBC and co-founded the technology publishing company Packt with her husband before entering in politics.
- Together with her husband David, Maclean established a publishing house that specializes in information technology in 2005.
- Her zodiac sign is Libra.
- She is of White Ethnicity.