Who is Priyanka Chopra?
Priyanka Chopra Jonas is a philanthropist and an Indian film actress, singer, model, and film producer. She is one of India’s highest-paid and most well-known film actresses. In 2000, Priyanka competed in the Miss World pageant, where she was named Miss World 2000 and Miss World Continental Queen of Beauty – Asia & Oceania on November 30, 2000, at the Millennium Dome in London. Priyanka Chopra is known by various nicknames, including Piggy Chops, Sunshine, Mimi, and PC. During the filming of Bluffmaster, actor Abhishek Bachchan gave her the nickname “Piggy Chops.”
Priyanka and Nick turned to social media in January 2022 to announce the birth of their first child via surrogacy. According to reports, it was a baby girl.
Personal Life/Early Life
Priyanka Chopra’s father, Ashok Chopra, and mother, Madhu Chopra, are both physicians in the Indian Army. She was very close to her father, who died in June 2013; and she got a tattoo in his handwriting that said “Daddy’s lil daughter.” Her brother’s name is Siddharth Chopra. He is an entrepreneur in the hospitality industry.
Manohar Kishan Akhouri is her grandfather, and Madhu Jyotsna Akhouri is her grandmother. Her cousins include actresses Mannara Chopra, Meera Chopra, Barbie Handa, and Parineeti Chopra are the well-known Bollywood actress.
Priyanka Chopra travelled to the United States to study at the age of thirteen, living with her aunt and attending schools in Newton, Massachusetts, and Cedar Rapids, Iowa, following a brief sojourn in Queens, New York, since her aunt’s family also relocated frequently. She attended Jai Hind College and the Basant Singh Institute of Science in Mumbai after finishing her secondary education. However, she did not complete her course and is a college dropout.
Priyanka dated coworker and model Aseem Merchant in the early stages of her career. It was claimed that she fell in love with Akshay Kumar while filming “Andaaz.” During the filming of “Love Story 2050,” she dated actor and co-star Harman Baweja. Harman and Priyanka chose to end their relationship after dating for less than two years. Priyanka Chopra was a huge fan of Shahrukh Khan. There was also speculation that she had an affair with Shahrukh Khan. She was also romantically involved with Shahid Kapoor.
There was a rumour in 2018 concerning Priyanka Chopra and Nick John’s romance. However, the media verified their relationship in July 2018 when They were engaged on August 18, 2018, in Mumbai, and married on December 1, 2018, according to Christian ceremonies, and December 2, 2018, according to Hindu customs.
|Nick Name||Sunshine, Mimi, Piggy Chops,
|Birth Date||18 July 1982|
|Age (As of 2022)||40 Years|
|Birth Place||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|Hometown||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Profession||Actress, Singer, Model|
|Hobbies||Singing, Writing Poems,
Photography , Reading
|Debut Appearance||Film Debut: Thamizhan
(2002, Tamil film),
The Hero: Love Story of a Spy
(2003, Bollywood film)
TV Debut: Fear Factor:
Singing Debut: Ullathai Killathe
|Net Worth||$32 million|
|Height(Approx)||In feet & inches: 5’6”
In centimters: 169 cm
|Weight(Approx)||In kilograms: 55 kg
In pounds: 121 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Family Background, Education
|Father Name||Late Ashok Chopra
(Physician in Indian Army)
|Mother Name||Madhu Chopra
(Physician in Indian Army)
|Siblings||Brother- Siddharth Chopra
|School||La Martiniere Girls School,
St. Maria Goretti College,
Newton North High School,
John F. Kennedy High School
Army School, Bareilly
|College||Jai Hind College and Basant
Singh Institute of Science,
|Education Qualification||12th standard|
|Boyfriend||Aseem Merchant (Model)
Akshay Kumar (Actor)
Harman Baweja (Actor)
Shah Rukh Khan (Actor, rumour)
Shahid Kapoor (Actor)
Nick Jonas (Singer-Songwriter)
|Husband/Spouse||Nick Jonas (m. 2018-present)
|Children||Priyanka and Nick turned to
social media in January 2022
to announce the birth of their
first child via surrogacy.
According to reports, it was a
preterm baby girl.
Favorite Things & Assets
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Kishore Kumar, Dharmendra, Matthew Mcconaughey,
Mel Gibson, Tom Hardy
|Favorite Actresses||Rekha and Sushmita Sen|
|Favorite TV Show||Not Known|
|Favorite Film||Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhania Le
Jayenge, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
Hollywood: Jerry Maguire,
|Favorite Food||Chicken/Mutton Biryani, Fish curry,
Red velvet cake, Risotto, Burgers,
French fries, Sarson ka saag,
|Favorite Song||“Careless Whispers” by George Micheal,
“I Will Always Love You” By Sarah Washington
|Favorite Book(s)||Tell me your Dreams by Sidney Sheldon,Letters from a Father
to His Daughter by Jawaharlal
Nehru, Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
|Favorite Fashion Designer||Prabal Gurung|
|Favorite Perfume||Ralph Lauren Romance|
|Favorite Restaurant||Olive in Mumbai|
|Favorite Comic Character||Not Known|
|Favorite Destination||Paris, Brazil and Mexico|
|Car Collection||Mercedes Benz E Class,
BMW 7 Series, Rolls Royce
Ghost, Porsche Cayenne
Social Media Accounts
She began acting in theatrical performances throughout her time in Massachusetts. She earned the title of May Queen beauty pageant during her senior year in high school. She competed in the Femina Miss India beauty pageant in 2000, coming in second place. She was crowned Miss World 2000 in the same year. She got a slew of proposals from the film business after winning the title.
She made her acting debut in the Tamil film Thamizhan in 2002, portraying the prominent role of Priya. She also sang the song Ullathai Killathe in the movie. The picture was a box office success. In 2003, she landed the main part of Dr. Shaheen Zakaria in The Hero: Love Story of a Spy, her Bollywood debut film. She starred in the movie office smashes Andaaz (2003) and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004), and her breakthrough performance in the 2004 thriller Aitraaz earned her critical praise. Chopra rose to prominence after acting in the top-grossing films Krrish and Don (both 2006), and she then repeated her role in the sequels to both films.
Chopra rose to fame in 2008 after starring as a troubled model in the drama Fashion, for which she received the National Film Award for Best Actress, and as a gorgeous journalist in Dostana. Chopra rose to prominence after starring in the films Kaminey (2009), 7 Khoon Maaf (2011), Barfi! (2012), Mary Kom (2014), Dil Dhadakne Do (2015), and Bajirao Mastani (2015). She played Alex Parrish in the ABC thriller series Quantico from 2015 to 2018, and then returned to Hindi film with the biography The Sky Is Pink (2019). Chopra has also appeared in a number of Hollywood films, most recently in the satire drama The White Tiger and the science fiction feature The Matrix Resurrections, both of which were released in 2021.
She has starred in music videos such as Sajan Mere Satrangiya (2000), Phir Mile Sur Mera Tumhara (2010), Mind Blowing (2011), In My City (2012), Exotic (2013), I Can’t Make You Love Me (2014), and Don’t You Need Somebody (2015). (2016). She made her television debut in 2010 by presenting the third season of Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi, a reality game program. She gave her voice to the popular video game Marvel Avengers Academy in 2016, along with a few other artists.
Chopra is also an outspoken advocate for gender equality, the gender wage gap, and feminism, as well as other social concerns like as the environment and women’s rights. She has been a UNICEF employee since 2006, and in 2010 and 2016, she was named the national and worldwide UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights, respectively. Her health and education charity, which bears her name, aims to help underprivileged Indian children. Chopra has recorded three singles and given vocals for a lot of her film songs as a recording artist. She is also the creator of Purple Pebble Pictures, a production firm that has produced numerous regional Indian films, notably the critically praised Marathi film Ventilator (2016). Chopra’s off-screen life, particularly her marriage to American singer and actor Nick Jonas, is the focus of extensive media scrutiny despite her desire for seclusion. Unfinished, her book, was released in 2021 and entered the New York Times Best Seller list.
- Following allegations of her supposed romance with Akshay Kumar, she and Akshay Kumar agreed not to work together again after Waqt.
- Her reported romance with Shah Rukh Khan sparked a lot of controversy. It all started when Shah Rukh began giving Priyanka preferential treatment, encouraging her to directors to cast her in films. Her frequent trips to Shah Rukh’s home Mannat, as well as other functions, irritated his wife Gauri Khan. Following all of these instances, Gauri made it obvious that she did not want her husband to work with Priyanka any longer, and as a result, both parties ceased working together.
- Her shot on the cover of Maxim India, where the actor appeared immaculate, went viral, not because of her beauty, but because of her armpits, which many claimed were edited with no underarm wrinkles.
- She got into a Twitter feud with comedian Tanmay Bhat after he insulted her accent, as many others did on social media. “When I speak @priyankachopra’s name in my head, I now pronounce it like “Priyaaaanka Chopruh,” he tweeted.
- On June 1, 2018, Priyanka portrayed an anti-terrorist cop who averted a nuclear strike in Manhattan only days before an India-Pakistan meeting in an episode of the International TV drama ‘Quantico.’ During her inquiry, she discovers a “Rudraksh” rosary, a holy Hindu emblem, around the neck of a suspect who was hired by Indian nationalists to carry out an assault against Pakistan. This sparked outrage, with many Indians accusing Priyanka of ruining India’s reputation throughout the world. She rushed to Twitter to apologise in an attempt to quell the fury.
Awards & Recognitions
- In 2016, Priyanka was awarded the Padma Shri.
- She received five Filmfare Awards.
- She received four BIG Star Entertainment Awards.
- She won the Global Indian Film Awards twice.
- Members of the Lions Club of SOL Mumbai award the Lions Gold Awards yearly to recognise excellence in Hindi film. Priyanka has received five accolades.
- Priyanka has five National Film Awards to her name, one for Fashion as an actor, three for Ventilator, and one for Paani as a producer.
- She is the recipient of two People’s Choice Awards.
- The Film Producers Guild of India hosts the Producers Guild Film Awards each year. Priyanka has received eight awards out of thirteen nominations.
- In 2009, Priyanka received the “Golden Goblet” (Jin Jue) Award for Contribution to Cinema at the Shanghai International Film Festival.
Wealth and Net Worth
Priyanka’s net worth is believed to be at $32 million. As a salary, she makes over 9-10 crore for each film in which he appears. She also gets $4 million every year from TV shows. Her annual salary is Rs. 18 crores.
Priyanka has some of the most expensive luxury vehicles. She bought a Rolls Royce Ghost, a Porsche Cayenne, a Mercedes Benz E Class, and a BMW 7 Series, among other things.
This famous personality, Priyanka stands at a height of 5 feet and 6 inches which is 169 in centimeters. She is very conscious about her physique which is complemented by her shiny black hair and dark brown eyes. She has attracted millions of her fans through her outstanding looks and beauty. This beauty maintains herself fit with the weight of 55 kg or 121 lbs. Her figure measurements are 34 inches breast, 27 inches waist and 36 inches hips approximately.
Some Amazing Facts At A Glance About Priyanka Chopra
- Is Priyanka Chopra a smoker? Yes
- Is Priyanka Chopra an alcoholic drinker? Yes
- Priyanka was born into a family of doctors, as both of her parents were doctors in the Indian Army.
- Because of her parents’ frequent transfers, she has lived in places such as Bareilly, Lucknow, Delhi, Pune, Ladakh, Chandigarh, Ambala, and Mumbai.
- After graduating from high school, she competed in a local beauty pageant named ‘May Queen,’ which she won.
- In 2000, at the age of 18, she won the Femina Miss India pageant, which was judged by Shah Rukh Khan.
- Despite her desire to pursue a profession in criminal psychology, she abandoned the concept after winning the Miss India pageant since she was receiving several film offers.
- Many people believe she made her acting debut in the Bollywood film The Hero: Love Story Of A Spy (2003), however she really made her debut in the Tamil film Thamizhan (2003).
- She was set to make her Bollywood debut in the film Ek Haseena Ek Deewana, starring with Govinda, however the project was cancelled.
- During the filming of Bluffmaster, Abhishek Bachchan gave her the nickname Piggy Chops.
- Her cousin sisters, Parineeti Chopra, Meera Chopra, and Barbie Handa, are also Bollywood actors.
- She was the original option for the part of Umrao Jaan in 2006, but due to her hectic schedule, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan took her.
- For her performance in the film ‘Fashion,’ she received the National Award for Best Actress (2008).
- In the film What’s Your Raashee?, she portrayed 12 different roles (one for each zodiac sign) (2009).
- She is a classically trained vocalist who released her debut song, In My City, in the United States in September 2012.
- Gerard Butler, a Hollywood actor, is a close friend of hers.
- She is a technology nut who enjoys collecting cameras.
- She is the first Indian actress to have her foot imprinted in Italy’s renowned Salvatore Ferragamo Museum.
- She always has candy in her handbag.
- She is thought to have had a number of plastic procedures to improve the shape of her nose and lips.
- She is an animal enthusiast and has adopted Durga, a tigress, and Sundari, a lioness, both of which dwell at Ranchi’s Birsa Biological Park.
- Due to the length of the contract, she was hesitant to sign it in 2015.
- Priyanka and Nick had their Simpsons caricatures done by “The Simpsons” artists Stefano Monda and Rino Russo a few weeks after their marriage.
- Diana, her dog, is her pet. Diana, her dog, also has a popular Instagram account with thousands of followers.