Who is Priti Adani?
Priti Adani is a philanthropist from India and the head of the Adani Foundation. She is a prominent female educator in the state of Gujarat. She is better known for being the wife of Indian business tycoon ‘Gautam Adani’.
Personal Life/Early Life
Priti Adani was born in Mumbai in 1965 to a Gujarati family. She graduated with honours from the Government Dental College in Ahmedabad with a bachelor’s degree in dental surgery. She is married to Gautam Adani, the head of Adani Group.
Priti Adani is married to Gautam Adani, the Adani Group’s current chairman. Karan Adani and Jeet Adani are their two sons.
|Birth Date||29 August 1965 (Sunday)|
|Age (As of 2022)||57 Years|
Kalinga Institute of Social
|Famous For||Being the Gautam Adani’s
wife (a billionaire industrialist
and the founder of Adani Group)
|Net Worth||$1-5 billion approx|
|Height(Approx)||In feet & inches: 5’ 5
In centimters: 165 cm
|Weight(Approx)||In kilograms: 60 kg
In pounds: 132 lbs
Family Background, Education
|Father Name||Not Known|
|Mother Name||Not Known|
|College||Government Dental College,
|Education Qualification||She earned a Bachelors degree
in Dental Surgery (BDS) at
Government Dental College,
Boyfriend, Husband, Marriage
|Children||Sons- Karan Adani and
Favorite Things & Assets
|Favorite Actor||Not Known|
|Favorite TV Show||Not Known|
|Favorite Book(s)||Not Known|
|Favorite Comic Character||Not Known|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
Social Media Accounts
Priti Adani began her work as a dentist in her early years. She was named chairman of the Adani Foundation in 1996.
Following the Bhuj Earthquake in 2001, she established the Adani DAV School in Mundra. The school was afterward called Adani Public School. She and her husband founded Adani Vidya Mandir in Bhadreshwar (near Mundra) and Ahmedabad in June 2009. Adani Vidya Mandir serves poor youngsters with free upper secondary education. Under her supervision, Adani Group’s CSR spending for 2018-19 increased from Rs 95 crore to Rs 128 crore in a year.
- Women Philanthropist Award from FICCI-FLOW (2010–11).
- Gujarat Law Society University bestowed an honorary doctorate on him.
Wealth and Net Worth
According to some internet sources, her estimated individual net worth is around $1-5 billion approx. His family’s net worth is predicted to be over US$90.4 billion as of January 28, 2022, according to Forbes.
Some Amazing Facts At A Glance About Priti Adani
- Priti Adani is the wife of Gautam Adani, the founder of the Adani company and a well-known Indian entrepreneur. She is a dentist as well as an educator. She also donates her time as a philanthropist.
- She began working as a dental doctor shortly after graduating. She became chairman of the Adani Foundation in 1996.
- After the Bhuj Earthquake in 2001, she established the ‘Adani DAV School’ in Mundra, Gujarat. The school’s name was later changed to Adani Public School.
- Priti Adani and her husband, Gautam Adani, created the Adani Vidya Mandir school in Bhadreshwar (near Mundra) and Ahmedabad in June 2009. These schools were established to serve the underprivileged and disadvantaged kids. The major service provided to these students at these schools is free upper secondary education.
- She was afterward named head of the Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) Residential School in Delhi, the world’s largest tribal educational institution and tribal university.
- Priti attended the Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) inaugural ceremony in 2016, where she emphasized the key rationale for the creation of these educational institutions under the Adani Foundation while speaking to KISS students. Education, she claims, is the most potent weapon for social reform. “The Adani Foundation is pleased to cooperate with the distinguished Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences to better the educational scenario in Odisha’s remote tribal districts.”
- Priti Adani incorporated a Skill Development Centre called ‘SAKSHAM’ on May 16, 2016. She began working as the center’s managing director. This institute was established to deliver real World Class Skill Development Training to India’s young.
- According to reports, under Priti Adani’s administration and guidance, the Adani Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) expenditure increased to Rs 128 crore in 2018-19 from Rs 95 crore.
- According to Priti Adani, she joined the Adani Foundation of her own volition. She disclosed to a media journalist that she selected the humanitarian field out of compassion, conviction, and devotion. She revealed I choose to input this field. You know, when one decides to work in the charitable field, one will see that three characteristics are shared globally – compassion, conviction, and dedication. In this circumstance, time is not a restriction; one can devote a limitless amount of time.”
- Priti Adani went on to say that she began charity organizations within the Adani Group with very modest and tiny projects for the benefit of the marginalized sectors of Indian society roughly two decades ago. It began with a tiny but straightforward project and subsequently expanded into a lifecycle strategy. Our aims are aimed at meeting the needs and ambitions of the poor and marginalized members of society, sometimes known as “the last man in the developmental queue.” We concentrate on rural regions. The projects we have are basically grouped into two categories: the first is a Collective Impact Programme, in which we operate in the main areas of education, community health, and livelihood rural infrastructure, and address specific geography.”