Who is Penn Badgley?
American actor and musician Penn Badgley is best known for playing Dan Humphrey in the teenage drama series “Gossip Girl” on The CW from 2007 to 2012 and Joe Goldberg in the Netflix suspense drama “You” from 2018 to the present. He garnered six Teen Choice Award nominations for his part in “Gossip Girl,” as well as MTV Movie & TV Award and Saturn Award nominations for You. He rose to prominence after playing Phillip Chancellor IV in the serial opera “The Young and the Restless” (2000-2001), for which he received a Young Artist Award nomination.
Similarly, he has appeared in The Stepfather (2009), Easy A (2010), the financial thriller Margin Call (2011), Greetings From Tim Buckley (2012), and the indie drama The Paper Store (2016). He made his debut in the 2001 American indie film “The Fluffer” as Young Sean. On February 26, 2016, his music trio MOTHXR released their first album “Centerfold.”
- Being a singer and actor.
- From 2007 until 2012, he portrayed Daniel “Dan” Humphrey in the American teen drama television series “Gossip Girl.”
Penn Badgley was born in Baltimore, Maryland, on November 1, 1986. Penn Dayton Badgley is his given name. He is an American national with English, Irish, German, a little bit of French-Canadian, Scottish, approximately 1/32nd African-Jamaican, and distant Dutch, Welsh, and French Huguenot ancestors. His zodiac sign is Scorpio, and he is a Christian. He is the son of Duff Badgley and Lynne Murphy (father). His father is a carpenter and a newspaper reporter. He has a half-sister who is older than him.
When he was 12, his parents divorced. He grew up in Woodlake, Virginia, and Seattle, Washington. As of 2021, he will be 35 years old. He was homeschooled and then attended Woolridge Elementary, Swift Creek Elementary, and the honors program at Swift Creek Elementary. In addition, he attended St. Christopher’s School in Richmond, Virginia. He then took a competence exam at the age of 14 and enrolled at Santa Monica College. After that, he attended Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon.
|Celebrated Name||Penn Badgley|
|Birth Name||Penn Dayton Badgley|
|Place Of Birth||Baltimore|
|School||Woolridge Elementary and St. Christopher’s School|
|High School||Charles Wright Academy|
|College / University||Santa Monica College, University of Southern California and Lewis & Clark College|
|Net Worth||$8 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Acting career|
|Salary||$969,000 per year|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
Penn Badgley Career
- Penn began his acting career when he was 11 years old.
- He then began providing voiceovers for Hollywood children’s radio stations.
- In 1999 and 2000, he did voice work for the video titles Mario Golf 64 and Mario Tennis 64.
- His debut television appearance was on an episode of “Will & Grace,” which was followed by “Daddio,” “The Brothers Garca,” and “What I Like About You.”
- His first notable role was on the soap series “The Young and the Restless” as Phillip Chancellor IV (2000-2001).
- Following that, he appeared in The WB’s comedy-drama series “Do-Over.”
- He went on to star in two more WB shows, “The Mountain” from 2004 to 2005 and “The Bedford Diaries” in 2006.
- “John Tucker Must Die,” his first significant film credit, came in 2006.
- He later starred in “Drive-Thru,” alongside future co-star Leighton Meester.
- In 2007, he was cast as Dan Humphrey in The CW’s adolescent drama series Gossip Girl.
- In 2009, he appeared in the suspense film “The Stepfather.”
- Following that, he portrayed Todd, Emma Stone’s character’s love interest, in the 2010 adolescent comedy film “Easy A.”
- He appeared in the suspense drama “Margin Call” in 2011.
- In the 2012 biography “Greetings from Tim Buckley,” he played Jeff Buckley.
- In December 2012, he joined the cast of “Parts per Billion,” and in 2014, he appeared in “Cymbeline.”
- As a vocalist, he created a band with others and uploaded a song titled “Easy” on SoundCloud under the name “M O T H E R.” In 2015, the spelling was modified to MOTHXR. On February 26, 2016, they released their debut album, “Centerfold.”
- He appeared in the NBC miniseries “The Slap” in 2015.
- He appeared in the 2016 film “Adam Green’s Aladdin” in a minor part.
- He received critical recognition for his performance in the indie film “The Paper Store” (2016).
- In the Netflix series “You,” he plays Joe Goldberg.
- He was cast in the indie film “Here Today,” which will be released in May 2021, in October 2019.
Penn Badgley Net Worth
Penn Badgley is a successful actor with a net worth of $8 million as of 2022. His current annual income is roughly $1 million. His major source of riches is the acting industry, but he also makes a good living from his singing career.
He modeled for H&M in order to raise funds for AIDS organizations. He is currently enjoying a lavish lifestyle.
Penn Badgley Wife
Penn Badgley is a husband. Penn married Domino in a New York courtroom in February 2017. In 2014, he began dating singer Domino Kirke. She had two miscarriages before giving birth to a boy, which she revealed on Instagram on September 20, 2020. Domino already has a son from a previous relationship named Cassius.
Today, the happily married pair are enjoying their current life without interruptions. He is not homosexual and has a heterosexual sexual orientation. Previously, from 2007 until 2010, he was in a relationship with actress Blake Lively. Similarly, he dated Zo Kravitz (2011-2013).
Penn Badgley Height
Penn Badgley stands 5 feet 9 inches tall and is a gorgeous and pleasant man. His body weight is 71 kg. He has dark brown eyes and black hair. He has a healthy body right now, and he takes care of it by exercising frequently. His physique is slender. On his right leg, he has a tattoo.
Did You Know?
- Penn Badgley began his acting career at the age of eleven.
- His first job was as a voice actor in the computer game ‘Mario Golf 64.’
- During the 2008 US presidential election, he backed Barack Obama.
- In March 2010, he was appointed to the National Celebrity Cabinet.
- He was named one of People’s “25 Beauties (and Hotties) at 25” in 2011, while BuddyTV rated him 75th on its list of “TV’s 100 Sexiest Men of 2011.”