Pau Gasol is a well-known Spanish basketball player who has represented his country on both the junior and senior national teams, as well as the ‘National Basketball Association in the United States (NBA). He comes from a sporting family; his dad and two brothers are all basketball players. He began his career at ‘CB Cornella’ before moving on to ‘FC Barcelona,’ where he won the ‘Spanish National Cup.’
His family subsequently moved to the United States, and he signed with the ‘Grizzlies,’ becoming the first foreign player to be crowned ‘NBA Rookie of the Year.’ He departed the ‘Grizzlies’ the next season to join the ‘Los Angeles Lakers,’ with whom he won his first ‘NBA’ title when they defeated the ‘Orlando Magic.’ In the meanwhile, he remained out of shape for a spell until signing with the ‘Chicago Bulls’ and improving his ratings to become the 36th ‘NBA’ player to have scored 10,000 points and 10,000 rebounds.
He currently plays for the ‘San Antonio Spurs,’ and has surpassed 20,000 points in his career. He was a member of the Spanish team for the ‘FIBA World Championship’ and ‘EuroBasket’ competitions, and he carried the Spanish flag at the opening ceremony of the 2012 ‘Summer Olympics.’
Pau Gasol and Others Remember Kobe Bryant on His 44th Birthday
Former Laker Pau Gasol was just one of several players who took to social media on Kobe Bryant’s birthday to commemorate him.
On August 23, Bryant would have turned 44.
“Congratulations, hermano. “I will always miss you,” Gasol tweeted.
Pau Gasol Early Life
Pau Gasol is a Spanish NBA player who was born in Barcelona, Spain, on July 6, 1980, to Agusti and Marisa. His parents moved him to Sant Boi de Llobregat when he was two years old, despite the fact that he was born in Barcelona. Because his father was a nurse administrator and his mother was a medical doctor, neither of his parents had any basketball experience.
In high school, he played for his school team before signing with the Catalan basketball team Cornella. At the age of sixteen, he was drafted into Barcelona’s junior team. His younger brother, Marc Gasol, is also an NBA player who is now playing with the Toronto Raptors.
Pau Gasol Age, Height, and Weight
Pau Gasol was born on July 6, 1980, and his age is 41 years old in 2022. Paul Gasol height is 216 cm or 2.16 meters tall and his weight is around 113 kg.
|Celebrated Name:||Pau Gasol|
|Real Name/Full Name:||Paul Gaso Saez|
|Age:||41 years old|
|Birth Date:||6th July 1980|
|Birth Place:||Barcelona, Spain|
|Wife/Spouse (Name):||Catherine McDonnell|
|Children/Kids (Son and Daughter):||No/Yes (name)|
|Is Pau Gasol Gay?||No|
|Net Worth in 2022:||$75 million|
|Last Updated:||June 2022|
Pau Gasol Career
- He began his professional career with the Grizzlies, averaging 17.6 points per game in his debut season. In 2001, he became the first foreign player to be selected ‘NBA Rookie of the Year and a member of the ‘NBA All-Rookie First Team.’
- He appeared in all 82 games in his first two seasons before missing the first game of his third due to a foot issue. In the same season, he scored his 3,000th point against the ‘Boston Celtics,’ and the next season, he became the fastest player to achieve 5,000 points.
- In 2006, he became the first Spanish player and member of the ‘Grizzlies’ to be selected as a reserve for the ‘Western Conference’ at the ‘NBA All-Star Game in Houston, Texas. Due to an injury acquired during the ‘FIBA World Championship semi-final between Spain and Argentina, he missed 23 games of the 2006-2007 ‘NBA’ season.
- The ‘Los Angeles Lakers’ signed Pau and his brother, Marc Gasol, the next season. He left the Grizzlies with twelve franchise records, including the most field goals scored, shots blocked, and points scored. He scored 24 points in his first game for the ‘Lakers’ against the ‘New Jersey Nets in February 2008.
- Despite another ankle injury, he played in a few games and earned his 10,000th point against the ‘Utah Jazz’ in January 2009. In the 2008-09 ‘NBA’ season, he also made his second ‘All-Star appearance and was voted ‘Western Conference Player of the Month.’
- He earned his first ‘NBA’ title in 2009 when the ‘Lakers’ defeated the ‘Orlando Magic.’ He signed a three-year contract extension with the ‘Lakers’ for $64.7 million and made his third ‘All-Star appearance as a reserve for the ‘Western Conference.’ In the three seasons that followed, he averaged 18.3 points per game and was ranked the 15th-smartest athlete by the website and print magazine ‘Sporting News.’
- Gasol was in bad form in 2010, prompting suspicions that the ‘Lakers’ were trying to deal him to get ‘Magic’ center Dallas Mavericks. He did not, however, allow the speculations to affect his game and went on to co-captain with Bryant. He later proved his worth by receiving the ‘NBA Community Assist Award in 2011-2012.
- In the next season, he was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and sustained a punch to the face, which caused him to lose consciousness. Despite missing a few games, he continued to play and gradually regained his form.
- His contract with the ‘Lakers’ expired in 2014, and he signed with the ‘Chicago Bulls.’ His form improved, as he set a career-high with 46 points against the ‘Milwaukee Bucks’ in his team’s 106-101 victory. He finished the season as the 36th ‘NBA player to record 10,000 points and 10,000 rebounds.
- Since July 2016, he has been a member of the ‘San Antonio Spurs.’ Due to an injured finger, he was forced to miss a month of play in January 2017. He became the 34th NBA player to play over 40,000 career minutes after surpassing 20,000 points and 11,000 rebounds.
- Gasol inked a contract with the Milwaukee Bucks on March 3, 2019. He appeared in three Bucks games.
- On March 23, it was reported that Gasol would miss the following month due to a left ankle injury.
- Gasol’s season was cut short due to an injury.
- He was unable to compete in the playoffs and underwent foot surgery on May 9, 2019.
- Gasol agreed to terms with the Portland Trail Blazers on July 25, 2019.
- He was waived by the Trail Blazers on November 20th, despite never having played for the team.
- Gasol will return to Spain on February 23, 2021, to play for Liga ACB team FC Barcelona.
- He helped Barcelona win the 2020-21 ACB championship and reach the final of the 2020-21 EuroLeague, where they were defeated by Anadolu Efes.
- Gasol announced his retirement from professional basketball on October 5, 2021.
Achievements and Awards
- Throughout his ‘NBA career, he has accomplished numerous exploits. In 2002, he was named ‘NBA Rookie of the Year and was a member of the ‘NBA All-Rookie First Team.’ He has appeared in six NBA All-Star games. He has also twice been named to the ‘All-NBA Third Team,’ ‘All-NBA Second Team,’ and ‘NBA Champion’ teams.
- His European honors include four ‘Euro scars’ and two each of ‘Mr. Europa,’ ‘FIBA Europe Player of the Year,’ and ‘All European Player of the Year.’
- He has won a number of medals with the Spanish junior and senior national teams, including gold medals at the 1999 ‘FIBA Under-19 World Championship,’ the 2006 ‘FIBA World Championship,’ and 2009, 2011, and 2015 ‘EuroBasket.’
- He also won silver medals at the ‘Summer Olympic Games in 2008 and 2012.
Pau Gasol Wife and Daughter
In July 2019, Gasol married Catherine McDonnell. He shared a picture from his wedding on Instagram. On September 13, 2020, the couple’s daughter Elisabet Gianna Gasol was born.
Pau Gasol Net Worth
According to estimates, Pau Gasol’s net worth in 2022 will be over $125 million. His advertising and basketball careers provide the majority of his income. Furthermore, Pau Gasol has numerous endorsement partnerships with big businesses that contribute to his worth or net worth.
“Pau Gasol,” the world’s best Spanish former professional basketball player, with a net worth of $125 million. He signed a three-year, $64.7 million contract with the Lakers in 2009.
|Net Worth (2022)||$125 Million|
|Profession||Spanish former professional basketball player|
|Monthly Income And Salary||$1 Million +|
|Yearly Income And Salary||$12 Million +|
Some Interesting Facts About Pau Gasol:
- He was elected to the International Olympic Committee in 2021. (IOC).
- With the Spanish national basketball team, Gasol has won a FIBA World Cup, three EuroBasket titles, two Olympic silver medals, and an Olympic bronze medal.
- Gasol was voted FIBA World Cup MVP in 2006, as well as FIBA EuroBasket MVP in 2009 and 2015.
- Pau Gasol and Kreimir osi both hold the record for most EuroBasket MVP awards, with two apiece.
Gasol is also the EuroBasket’s all-time best scorer.
- Marc, his younger brother, stands 6 feet 11 inches (2.11 m) and weighs 255 pounds (116 kg), and also played for the Los Angeles Lakers.
- He was chosen as a UNICEF ambassador in 2003 and has subsequently participated in numerous campaigns, including several trips to Africa to participate in UNICEF programs.
- Gasol and several other NBA players participated in the “Hoops for St. Jude” charity initiative in 2009, benefiting the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- UNICEF Global appointed him Global Champion for Nutrition and Zero Childhood Obesity in July 2019.
- In 2013, he and his brother Marc founded the Gasol Foundation [ca] to promote community health and healthy living habits, particularly by avoiding and combating childhood obesity.
- After being named Global Impact Player by the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA), which represents NBA players, in November 2015, he designed a t-shirt to benefit the Foundation’s activities.