Matt Smith is an English actor best known for playing the Eleventh Doctor in the BBC series “Doctor Who” (2010–2013). Smith is especially well-known for his portrayal of Prince Philip in the Netflix series “The Crown” (2016–2017).
Smith rose to international prominence in 2022 as Daemon Targaryen in the HBO series House of the Dragon. His Daemon character has made him popular, and he is even used in various meme pages. Furthermore, he originally hoped to be a professional player but was unable to do so owing to a back ailment. Despite his growing popularity, he has no social media accounts to date.
- Matt Smith is best known for his portrayal of the Eleventh Doctor in the British television series “Doctor Who” (2010-2014).
- Known for playing Daemon Targaryen in “House of the Dragon.”
Matt Smith Age and Nationality
Matt Smith was born in Northampton, Northamptonshire, England on October 28, 1982. Matthew Robert Smith is his given name. His citizenship is British. Smith is of White ethnicity, and his zodiac sign is Scorpio.
Matt was raisedd alongside his elder sister, Laura Jayne, who was one of the dancers in Eric Prydz’s 2004 song “Call on Me,” as the youngest son of his parents, Lynne Smith (mother) and David Smith (father).
He attended Northampton School for Boys as a child, where he played football and hoped to follow a career in the same sport. But he couldn’t because of a back injury. As the eleventh juror in ‘Twelve Angry Men,’ he got his first role. After being persuaded by his theatre teacher, Leigh Killick, he joined the ‘National Youth Theatre in London.
He subsequently attended ‘The University of East Anglia,’ where he studied acting and creative writing, eventually graduating and obtaining a degree in 2005.
|Celebrated Name||Matt Smith|
|Age||39 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Matthew Robert Smith|
|Place Of Birth||Northampton, Northamptonshire|
|Best Known For||Role of Daemon Targaryen in “House of the Dragon”.|
|Famous For||“Doctor Who” “The Crown”|
|Siblings||Laura Jayne Smith|
|School||Northampton School for Boys|
|University||University of East Anglia|
|Net Worth||$9 million|
|Girl Friend||Lily James, Daisy Lowe, and Mayana Moura(ex)|
Matt Smith Professional Career
- His stage debut was in the drama Murder in the Cathedral (2003), followed by ‘The Master and Margarita’ (2004).
- In the play ‘Fresh Kills,’ he played Arnold for the first time.
- In the BBC adaptations of The Ruby in the Smoke and The Shadow in the North, he played Jim Taylor.
- In 2007, he landed his first significant television role as Danny Foster in “Party Animals.”
- He has appeared in the TV shows ‘Secret Diary of a Call Girl’ and ‘The Street.’
- In 2007, he received critical acclaim for his role as Henry in the two-act drama ‘That Face.’
- With ‘Swimming with Sharks,’ he made his West End debut.
- He appeared in the 2009 short film Together as well as the 2010 feature film Womb.
- In May 2013, he made his directorial debut with the short film “Cargese.”
- In 2010, he made his breakthrough as the Eleventh Doctor in the British science-fiction television series Doctor Who. It lasted three years, making him the role’s youngest actor.
- In ‘The Sarah Jane Adventures (2010), ‘An Adventure in Space and Time’ (2013), and ‘The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot,’ he played the Doctor again (2013).
- He also appeared in the films Christopher and His Kind,’ ‘Lost River,’ and ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016).
- In 2015, he received another break when he was hired as Prince Philip in the Netflix royal drama “The Crown.”
- He also played the lead part of Morgan in the thriller film ‘Patient Zero.’
- His major break came in 2020 when he was cast as Daemon Targaryen in the HBO series House of the Dragon. The series debuted in 2022 and has gained him a lot of attention.
- 2014 National Television Academy Award for Outstanding Drama Performance
- 2012 National Television Award for Outstanding Male Drama Performance
Matt Smith Girlfriend, Wife, and Dating
Matt Smith is presently said to be dating businesswoman Caroline Brady. Their film was first reported in May 2021, although it has yet to be verified.
Smith previously dated famed actress Lily James, whom he began seeing in 2014 and dated for 5 years till 2019. Prior to Lily, he was in an on-again, off-again relationship with fashion model Daisy Lowe, whom he dated from 2010 until 2014. Prior to it, from 2008 to 2009, he was in a relationship with Brazilian actress and singer Mayana Moura.
Matt Smith Net Worth
Matt Smith enjoys a nice income from his professional acting career. He began his career as a stage actor and has progressed to become one of the most prominent and well-liked performers of 2022.
His net worth is believed to be around $9 million when his salary is factored in. In addition, he reportedly earned $232,000 to $290,000 per year from the BBC series “Doctor Who.”
Matt Smith Height and Weight
Matt Smith is a good-looking man in his late 30s with a well-kept slender figure. He has a height of 6ft. (1.83m) and a body weight of roughly 73kg (161 lbs). He has a light complexion, a sharp jawline, green eyes, and black hair.
He doesn’t have any tattoos or body ink.
Did You Know?
- He used to aspire to be a football player.
- As the eleventh juror in ‘Twelve Angry Men,’ he got his first role.
- He currently does not have any social media accounts.
- ‘GQ’ magazine called him one of the 50 best-dressed British men.