Mary Mara was a well-known film and television actress who appeared in shows such as ‘Law & Order,’ ‘NYPD Blue,’ ‘Ray Donovan,’ ‘The West Wing,’ and ‘Boston Public.’ She appeared as Insp. Bryn Carson on ‘Nash Bridges,’ as Loretta Sweet on ‘ER,’ Mrs. Sullivan on ‘Ray Donovan,’ and Valerie Hodges on ‘Dexter.’ She was also in Mr. Saturday Night. Her debut film role was in Blue Steel in 1989, followed by Love Potion No. 9, K-PAX, Gridiron Gang, and Prom Night. In addition to her numerous film and television performances, she also participated in several plays.
She appeared in the 1989 Shakespeare in the Park performance of Twelfth Night opposite Michelle Pfeiffer and Jeff Goldblum. She performed in Pulitzer Prize-winning writer Lynn Nottage’s Sweat in 2018. Her final appearance in cinema was as Molly in the 2020 heist thriller ‘Break Even.’
Mary Mara’s Death – American television actress
Mary Mara perished in the St. Lawrence River near Cape Vincent, New York, on June 26, 2022. Her death occurred when she was 61 years old. She was discovered dead by emergency responders at Cape Vincent, New York, on June 26th, 2022 (Sunday) at about 8:10 a.m. State troopers, firemen, and an ambulance were dispatched to the scene of a probable drowning in the St. Lawrence River, which runs into Lake Ontario. According to the police, “the victim’s corpse revealed no evidence of foul play and was brought to the Jefferson County Medical Examiner’s Office.”
The preliminary inquiry shows that Mara drowned while swimming in the river near the US/Canada border, but an autopsy is being performed to properly determine her cause of death. Craig Dorfman, her manager, confirmed her death. “Mary was one of the best actors I ever met,” Dorfman said in a statement to Us Weekly on Monday. “I recall seeing her onstage in Mad Forest Off-Broadway in 1992. She was electrifying, hilarious, and had a real personality. She was adored by everybody. She will be sorely missed.”
- Being a television and film actress.
- For her role as Inspector Bryn Carson on Nash Bridges, as well as her performances on ER and Law & Order.
Mary Mara was born on September 21, 1960. She was from Syracuse, New York, in the United States. Her nationality was American, and her ethnicity was American-White. In 2022, she celebrated his 61st birthday. Her parents are her father, Christopher Mara, and her mother, Kathleen McNulty. Her sister’s name was Martha Mara. Her zodiac sign was Virgo, and her faith was Christianity. She attended San Francisco State University for her schooling.
She later earned her MFA from Yale University. She founded a theatrical organization called HART, which stood for Haight Ashbury Repertory Theatre while attending San Francisco State.
|Celebrated Name||Mary Mara|
|Nick Name||Mary Mara|
|Birth Name||Mary Mara|
|Place Of Birth||Syracuse, New York|
|University||San Francisco State University|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Height||5 feet 2 inches|
|Death Date||26th June 2022|
|Cause Of Death||Drowning|
Mary Mara Career
- Mary Mara made her cinematic debut as Susan Bird in 1989’s “The Preppie Murder,” which was followed by “Blue Steel.”
- She went on to appear in a number of more films and television series after that.
- In 1991, she appeared in The Hard Way, True Colors, and Out of the Rain; in 1992, Mr. Saturday Night, Love Potion No. 9; in 1995, Just Looking, Indictment: The McMartin Trial; in 1996, Bound, What Kind of Mother Are You?; and in 1999, Switched at Birth.
- In 2001, she acted in Stranger Inside, Lloyd, and K-PAX; in 2002, she appeared in Dish: Gossip in Hollywood and Saint Sinner.
- In 2006, she played Kasawa in Undoing and Kenny’s mother in Gridiron Gang.
- She was cast in Prom Night in 2008, and she will play Molly in Break Even in 2020.
- She made her television debut in Law & Order in 1993 and 1999, when she played Mrs. Sharkey / Sally Knight in two episodes. She was then followed by PD Blue in 1994 and 1998, ER (1995-1996), Nash Bridges (1996-1997), Dellaventura, and Spicy City in 1997.
- In 2014, she appeared as Judith Anderson on Criminal Minds and as Selma on General Hospital.
Mary Mara Husband
Mary Mara was the wife of her husband, George Mara. They married on September 23rd. There is no information regarding their children. Prior to Mary’s death, the two were thoroughly enjoying their current situation. Her sexual orientation was heterosexual.
Mary Mara Net Worth
Mary Mara was a skilled actress who appeared in several films and television series over her career. Mary Mara’s net worth is projected to be $5 million as of 2022. Her primary source of money is the entertainment business. She was earning tens of thousands of dollars every year.
Mary Mara Height
Mary Mara stood at 5 feet 2 inches tall. Her physique was slender. Her body weight was 54 kg. Her additional physical measurements are yet to be released.
Did You Know?
- She had two adored dogs: Scooter, a pug, and Lady, a border terrier.
- Her debut film was Blue Steel, in which she appeared.
- Her zodiac sign was Virgo.