Mark Harmon is a television and film actor from the United States who has acted in several films, television series, and stage performances since the early 1970s. People magazine dubbed Harmon the “Sexiest Man Alive” in 1986 for his appearance in “St. Elsewhere.” Harmon received an Emmy nomination for his role as Simon Donovan on “The West Wing.” Harman has risen to prominence as one of Hollywood’s most accomplished performers.
- Mark Harmon is best known for his roles in the blockbuster television shows “St. Elsewhere,” “Chicago Hope,” “NCIS: New Orleans,” and “The West Wing.”
Mark Harmon Age, Parents & Nationality
Mark was born in Burbank, California, on September 2, 1951. His age is 71 years age of 2022. Thomas Mark Harmon is his full name. His citizenship is American. Harmon is of White ethnicity and Austrian heritage, and his zodiac sign is Virgo. He is born to Tom Harmon (father) and Elyse Knox (mother). His father was a professional football player and commentator, while his mother was an actress. Mark Harmon was reared alongside his two older sisters, actress and painter Kristin Nelson, and actress and model Kelly Harmon. Kristin died in 2018 following a heart attack.
Harmon attended Harvard-Westlake School before enrolling at Pierce College in Los Angeles for a two-year associate degree in 1970. Later, he moved to the University of California, where he earned a BA in Communication “cum laude” in 1974. He began his basketball career at UCLA, where he was a member of the UCLA Bruins football team in 1972. In his senior year, he also got the National Football Foundation Award for All-Round Excellence.
Harmon considered continuing a career in advertising or law. He also worked as a carpenter before getting into acting.
|Celebrated Name||Mark Harmon|
|Age||71 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Silver Fox|
|Birth Name||Thomas Mark Harmon|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Burbank, California|
|Best Known For||His role in “St. Elsewhere”, “Chicago Hope”.|
|Sisters||Kristin Nelson and Kelly Harmon|
|College / University||Pierce College|
|University||University of California|
|Education||BA in Communication|
|Married Date||March 21, 1987|
|Son||Sean Thomas Harmon and Ty Christian Harmon|
|Net Worth||$90 million|
|Salary||$525k per episode|
|Body Measurement||40-15-34 inches|
When Did Mark Start His Professional Career?
- Mark Harmon’s acting career began with his first national TV appearance in a commercial for Kellogg’s cereals.
- “Ozzie’s Girls” was Harmon’s first television series appearance.
- Harmon was then cast in “Eleanor and Franklin: The White House Years,” a TV movie.
- Later, he was hired as Captain John Macintosh in the miniseries “Centennial,” and then in the 1978 film “Comes a Horseman.”
- Harmon appeared in the film “Beyond the Poseidon Adventure” (1979) and the primetime serial series “Flamingo Road” (1980).
- In 1983, Harmon earned his debut as Dr. Robert Caldwell in the television series “St. Elsewhere.”
- Harmon has also appeared in the films “Let’s Get Harry” and “Summer School.”
- Harmon appeared in television films such as “The Presidio” and “Stealing Home.” Harmon was subsequently cast as a Chicago police investigator in NBC’s “Reasonable Doubts” and ABC’s “Charlie Grace.”
- Later in 1996, Harmon portrayed Dr. Jack McNeil in the television series “Chicago Hope.”
- Harmon made an appearance as Simon Donovan in the story arc “The West Wing” in May 2002.
- Harmon also portrayed Gibbs in the CBS program “NCIS: New Orleans,” for which he received six nominations and one win.
- Harmon also appeared as a supporting actor in the 2003 remake comedy picture “Freaky Friday.”
- On October 1, 2012, Harmon got the 2482nd star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Harmon founded the production business “Wings Production” in the year 2014 to develop NCIS: New Orleans.
Mark Harmon Wife, Girlfriends, Kids & Marriage
Mark Harmon is a married man. Harmon has been married to actress Pam Dawber for almost three decades. Pam is a well-known actress, best recognized for her role as Mindy McConnell in the 1978 comedy “Mork & Mindy.” After a year of dating, the couple married on March 21, 1987, in a lavish ceremony. Harmon and Dawber are the proud parents of two children. On April 25, 1988, the couple welcomed their first son, Sean Thomas Harmon, and on June 25, 1992, they welcomed their second son, Ty Christian Harmon.
Harmon is also the uncle of Tracy Nelson (actor), Matthew Nelson, and Gunnar Nelson (singer). Harmon is currently enjoying a nice life with his wife and children. Harmon has also saved the life of a kid who was involved in a car accident outside his Brentwood home. Thirty percent of the boy’s body was burnt.
Mark Harmon Net Worth, Salary & Millionaire
Considering all of the hard work and time that Mark Harmon has put into his profession, Harmon has amassed a large wealth in the millions of dollars via his movies and TV series. Harmon is well-off, with an estimated worth of $90 million. Harmon gets paid $525k for each episode of the programs he attends. Harmon has been enjoying a wealthy and extravagant lifestyle thanks to his fortune.
Mark Harmon Height, Weight, and Body Measurements
Mark Harmon, (age 71 years), is a prominent actor with a well-maintained physical physique. Harmon has always been concerned with his health and fitness as an actor. Harmon is tall, standing at a height of 6ft. (1.83m) and weighing around 84kg (185lbs).
Mark’s body measurements are 40-15-34 inches, and his shoe size is 11 (US). In terms of appearance, Harmon has a pale complexion, white hair, and blue eyes.
Did You Know?
- Mark Harmon is the family’s youngest child.
- Mark worked as a carpenter before starting his acting career.
- Harmon was a marathon runner who won the National Football Foundation Award for All-Round Excellence his senior year.
- Harmon got his first automobile when he was just 16 years old.
- Mark’s maternal grandparents were Austrian immigrants.
- Harmon appeared as a supporting actor in the 2003 adaptation of the comedy picture Freaky Friday.
- Harmon has also been in a number of theatre shows in both Los Angeles and Toronto.
- On October 1, 2012, Harmon got the 2,482nd star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Harmon established Wings Productions in 2014 in order to create NCIS: New Orleans.
- In 2002, he directed two episodes of Boston Public.