One of the important keys to success is self-confidence and an important key to self-confidence is preparation, this line has been very well proved by Leander Dendoncker who is a Belgian professional footballer and versatile player. He is widely known for having represented both the Belgian national team and Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers as a defensive midfielder or defender.
In July 2013, he made his professional debut for Anderlecht after joining the team in 2009. Since then, he has played 171 games and scored 11 goals. In June 2015, Leander earned his senior international debut for Belgium. He also played for the team that came third in the 2018 FIFA World Cup and the UEFA Euro 2020. He scored his first goal of the 2021–2022 Premier League season on February 13, 2022, in a 2-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur on the road.
Personal life/Early life
Leander Dendoncker was born in Passendale, Belgium on April 15, 1995. He was born and raised in Belgium and has white Belgian ancestry. His race is Caucasian, and he practices Christianity. Leander just celebrated becoming 27 years old in 2022, and according to his birthdate, he is an Aries. His mother’s name is unknown, but he is the son of Dirk Dendoncker (his father).
Andres Dendoncker and Lars Dendoncker are his other two brothers. The fly-on-the-wall documentary “De School van Lukaku” (Lukaku’s School), which focuses on his teammate Romelu Lukaku, was recorded at the Sint-Guido-Instituut school in Anderlecht when Leander was a student there.
As we talk about his relationship, Footballer Leander Dendoncker is single. Currently, he is dating his stunning Girlfriend Nikki.
Although he hasn’t been particularly adventurous or outspoken about his love, he clearly displays his adoration whenever the two are together. They do not yet have a marriage plan in place. Leander is straight when it comes to his sexual preference.
|Age||27 years (as of 2022)|
|Birth Place||Passendale, Belgium|
|Net Worth||8 Million Euro|
|Height(Approx)||In feet: 5 feet 10 inches
In cm: 178 cm
|Weight(Approx)|| In kg: 67 kg
In pounds: 148 lbs
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Father Name||Dirk Dendoncker|
|Mother Name||Katrien Dendoncker|
|Siblings||Brother: Andres Dendoncker and Lars Dendoncker|
|Favorite Actor||Not known|
|Favorite Actress||Not known|
|Favorite Destination||Not known|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
- Leander Dendoncker began his career in 2009 when he moved from K.S.V. Roeselare to R.S.C. Anderlecht. In January 2013, he was added to the first team.
- Then, on July 21, 2013, during the Belgian Super Cup, he made his professional debut by taking Dennis Praet’s place for the final nine minutes of the 1-0 victory over Genk at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium.
- He made his Belgian Pro League debut on the opening day of the season at KV Oostende, and Paul Van Himst, a former Anderlecht player, congratulated him when he scored his first career goal in January 18, 2015, in a 3-0 victory at Lierse S.K.
- Additionally, he participated in all 16 of their matches during that season’s European run, which resulted in their defeat to eventual champions Manchester United in the UEFA Europa League quarterfinals.
- On August 9, 2018, Dendoncker joined Wolverhampton Wanderers, a recently promoted English Premier League team. On August 28, he made his EFL Cup debut away to Sheffield Wednesday (2-0 victory).
- On December 5 in a 2-1 victory over Chelsea, he made his first league debut. On February 2, 2019, in a 1-3 victory over Everton, he scored his first Premier League goal.
- On July 1, 2019, he was officially signed by Wolves. On August 11, during Wolves’ away game against Leicester City, he became the first Wolves player to have a league match ‘goal’ called out by VAR.
- Dendoncker’s contract with Wolverhampton Wanderers was extended until 2023, with the club having the option of a further twelve months, the club announced on December 14, 2020.
- On January 22, 2021, he made his 100th competitive Wolves appearance in a game against non-league Chorley on the road On April 5, 2021, at home against West Ham United, he scored his first goal of the 2020–2021 campaign. He scored his first goal of the 2021–2022 Premier League season on February 13, 2022, in a 2-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur on the road.
- On May 22, 2015, manager Marc Wilmots first called Leander Dendoncker to the Belgium national football team.
- On June 7, he made his professional debut during a friendly match against France, taking Jason Denayer’s place for the final five minutes of a 4-3 victory.
- On June 4th, 2018, manager Roberto Martnez selected Dendoncker for Belgium’s 23-man roster for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- Leander made his tournament debut on June 29 in a 1-0 victory over England at the Kaliningrad Stadium. Both nations used new lineups at the time because they had already made it to the round of 16.
Awards and Achievements
- Belgian First Division A: 2016-2017
- Belgian Super Cup: 2013, 2014
- FIFA World Cup third-place: 2018
Wealth and Net Worth
As of 2022, Leander Dendoncker has an estimated net worth of 8 million euros. Additionally, he receives a nice income of almost 2.3 million euros annually. Leander has already made a name for himself in his brief professional career. He is incredibly driven and keeps pushing himself to meet his goals.
This eminent personality, Leander was born on 15 April 1995 and has turned 27 years old as of 2022. He is blessed with a charming personality which is enhanced by his dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. His height is 5 feet and 10 inches which is 178 cm in centimeters.
He follows a regular and healthy diet in order to keep himself healthy with a weight of 67 kg or 148 lbs. His body measurements are 40 inches chest, 14 inches biceps, and 32 inches waist approximately.
Some Amazing Facts at A Glance About Leander Dendoncker:
- Leander joined Anderlecht in the year 2009.
- He won the Belgian First Division A championship as well as two Belgian Super Cups.
- Leander speaks three languages fluently; French, English, and Dutch.
- This leader won the Belgian Super Cup: 2013, 2014 of Anderlecht.
- He was also awarded by Belgian First Division A: 2016-2017 of Anderlecht.
- He was awarded by FIFA World Cup third-place: in 2018 in Belgium.
- His zodiac sign is Aries.
- He is of White Race and Belgian-white Ethnicity.