LaVar Ball (born October 23, 1967, Age 54 years) is a businessman from the United States. He is the co-founder and CEO of the sports apparel brand Big Baller Brand, as well as the founder of the now-defunct Junior Basketball Association (JBA). He is the father of three basketball players: Lonzo Ball of the Chicago Bulls, LaMelo Ball of the Charlotte Hornets, and LiAngelo Ball of the Los Angeles Lakers.
He is a businessman, a media personality, a personal trainer, and a former National Football League (NFL) player. He started off playing basketball and football but subsequently chose to focus on football as a vocation. With that said, Mr. Ball founded and serves as the CEO of both the Junior Basketball Association (JBA) and the Big Baller Brand, both of which he fully finances.
LaVar Ball Age, Parents & Nationality
LaVar was born in Los Angeles, California. He was one of the five sons of his parents Anderson Ball (father) and Maria Ball (mother). In addition to his four brothers, he has two sisters. LaVar Ball is of Afro-American ethnicity and is of American nationality. Details concerning his youth are still unknown. In terms of schooling, he attended Canoga Park High School in Los Angeles, where he was a member of the football and basketball teams.
During his collegiate years at West Los Angeles College, he trained to become a criminal lawyer and subsequently a US marshal. He was, nonetheless, keen to pursue his sporting career. As a result, LaVar continued to play basketball and football throughout his college years. He then went on to play on teams at Washington State University and California State University, Los Angeles.
|Celebrated Name||LaVar Ball|
|Age||54 Years Old|
|Birth Name||LaVar Christopher Ball|
|Profession||Businessman, Media Personality|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Place Of Birth||Los Angeles, California|
|High School||Canoga Park High School|
|College / University||West Los Angeles College|
|University||Washington State University and California State University|
|Wife||Tina Catherine Slatinsky|
|Son||Lonzo, LiAngelo, and LaMelo Ball|
|Height||6 feet 6 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Being a Businessman|
LaVar Ball Career and Controversy
- Ball has been involved in athletics since he was in elementary school.
- He was a quarterback for his school’s football squad and a forward for their basketball team.
- In his early years, he set a school record with 316 rebounds.
- He gained experience while in college by playing in larger leagues such as the ‘National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I’ and the ‘NCAA Division II.’
- In these games, he performed mediocrely. He has participated in multiple basketball games with three of his four siblings.
- His college football experience was not much better. He was accepted to ‘NFL’ tryouts and joined the ‘New York Jets in the mid-1990s.
- He was quickly leased to the WLAF by the ‘London Monarchs.’
- During the 1995 season, Ball had 28 yards on kick returns. He then became a member of the ‘Carolina Panthers.’
- After an injury forced him to retire from football, Ball commenced training to become a personal trainer.
- Using the money he had earned as a football player over the years, he relocated to a Los Angeles area and began his profession as a personal trainer, which proved to be a fruitful endeavor for him.
- He dropped out of the sporting world for a few years after that.
- In 2016, Ball founded ‘Big Baller Brand,’ a sportswear brand that did well at first.
- The firm produced a solid profit in its first few months of operation. He advertised his brand on national television, comparing it to industry titans ‘Puma’ and ‘Adidas.’
- ‘Big Baller’ released its debut sports shoes in May 2017, priced at $495 USD, which drew a lot of attention.
- Several notable American players, like Shaquille O’Neil, condemned the high-priced sneakers, while many others supported them. Ball responded by saying that those who couldn’t buy the sneakers weren’t genuine “Ballers.”
- This debate drew a lot of attention from numerous media sites as well. According to ‘The Washington Post,’ Ball’s plan was both brilliant and shameless.
- In December 2017, Ball declared his intention to create the ‘JBA.’
- He has big ideas for the league’s future, but it has been alleged that it is merely another method for ‘Big Baller’ to get more attention.
- On June 20, 2019, Ball spoke on ESPN’s First Take to address his son Lonzo’s recent trade to the New Orleans Pelicans as part of the Anthony Davis deal.
LaVar Ball Wife, Kids & Girlfriend
LaVar Ball is a married man, which reflects his personal life. He was married to Tina Catherine Slatinsky for almost two decades.
The couple met in high school and quickly fell in love. Later, in 1996, the pair married. They have three children together, Lonzo, LiAngelo, and LaMelo. The three sons, like their parents, are basketball players who have achieved celebrity status in the industry.
LaVar Ball Net Worth, Salary
In 2016, LaVar Ball began his sports gear firm, with the initial sneakers costing roughly $495. All of his boys have signature sneakers and have appeared in advertisements for the Big Baller Brand. LaVar Ball net worth is reported to be $4 million.
LaVar Ball Height, Weight & Body Measurements
According to his physique measurements, LaVar Ball height is 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighs roughly 119 kg. Similarly, he has no hair on his head and dark brown eyes.
Did You Know?
- He is the creator of Big Baller.
- His zodiac sign is Scorpio.