Kenya Moore is a well-known American actress, model, television personality, author, businesswoman, and producer who appeared on the Bravo reality show The Real Housewives of Atlanta in 2015 and was also a contestant on the reality game show The Celebrity Apprentice 7. She rose to prominence after winning the Miss USA pageant, which qualified her to compete in that year’s Miss Universe pageant, where she finished in the top six.
After Carole Gist, she was the second black woman to be crowned “Miss USA.” She later appeared in films and reality television shows such as Waiting To Exhale (1995), The Steve Harvey Show (1998), Deliver Us From Eva (2003), and Girlfriends (2004). Moore has also created several film projects and appeared in her own exercise video, as well as had her own book published. She is also active in several enterprises and entrepreneurial initiatives, and she is the founder of the Moore Hair haircare brand.
Kenya Moore Biography/Wiki
Kenya was born on January 24, 1971, in Detroit, Michigan, to adolescent parents, and was raised by her aunt and grandmother after her mother abandoned her when she was just three years old. She further said that Kenya had been ignored by her mother since birth and had never been named. She also stated that her mother always pretended that she never had her as a child and that she did not exist for her.
Kenya graduated from Cass Technical High School in Michigan in 1989, and while she was still in high school, she was tortured and subjected to domestic violence by her older lover. She claimed she was tortured physically, mentally, and nearly killed after being stabbed with a fingernail file by him, which sent her to the hospital. She later attended Wayne State University in Michigan, where she majored in psychology and minored in communication.
Kenya Moore height, weight, and age
Kenya Moore is 50 years old (as of 2021). She stands 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs around 68 kilograms.
Kenya Moore Parents
Kenya’s father’s name is Ronald Grant, and her mother’s name is Patricia Moore.
|Birth Place||Detroit, Michigan, U.S|
|Date Of Birth||24 January 1971|
|Age(as of 2021)||50 Years|
|Profession||Actress, model, and television personality|
Kenya Moore Career
- Kenya started modeling at the age of 14 and was featured as a cover girl in Ebony Man’s (EM) Magazine in 1992 for a Chicago-based company, Johnson Publishing Company.
- She has modeled for the Ebony Fashion Fair cosmetic line at an annual fashion event.
- Kenya won Miss Michigan USA (1993) at the age of 22 and became the second African American woman to be crowned Miss USA.
- She went on to represent the United States in the Miss Universe pageant in 1993, finishing sixth.
- Kenya has been in a variety of television shows, including “Outer Space, Smart Guy,” “Damon,” “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” “The Steve Harvey Show,” “The Jamie Foxx Show,” “The Parkers,” and many others.
- She also appeared in various music videos, including Jermaine Dupri’s “Money Ain’t a Thang” (1998), Shai’s “I Don’t Wanna Be Alone” (1996), Nas’ “Street Dreams” (1996), and Tupac’s “Temptations” (1996).
- She has also appeared in films such as Waiting to Exhale (1995), Senseless (1998), Trois (2000), Deliver Us from Eva (2003), Brothers in Arms (2005), and Cloud 9 (2006). (2006). Trapped: Haitian Nights (2007) and I Know Who Killed Me (2007) (2010).
- Kenya appeared on Bravo’s reality show The Real Housewives of Atlanta in 2012 when she exposed numerous details about her personal life and shared her childhood hardships and problems.
- She also appeared on The Celebrity Apprentice 7.
- She has also produced and directed numerous films and projects, and in 2008, she founded Moore Vision Media, her own production firm. It was responsible for the sensual thriller The Confidant as well as the film Trapped: Haitian Nights.
- Kenya was named as one of the celebs to compete on the dancing reality show Dancing with the Stars in May 2021, and she will be teamed with Brandon Armstrong.
- She has always enjoyed reading and writing since she was in college. In November 2007, she released the book Game, Get Some! : What Women Really Want, which she characterized as a guide book for couples that includes relationship advice as well as Kenya’s personal experiences in relationships and life.
Kenya Moore Awards
Kenya was named Most Memorable Outfit and Rookie of the Year in the TV show The Real Housewives of Atlanta in 2014.
Kenya Moore Net Worth and Salary
Kenya Moore’s net worth is estimated to be $5 million USD as of 2021. Her profits come from television shows, modeling, her own brands, and other commercial initiatives.
Kenya Moore Children
Kenya has a daughter named Brooklyn Doris Daly, who will be two years old in 2021.
Kenya Moore Husband and Relationships
Kenya is married to Marc Daly, a businessman and restaurant owner. She has filed for divorce from Marc, effective August 20, 2021.
Unknown Facts About Kenya Moore:
- Kenya Moore is from Detroit, Michigan, in the United States.
- In 1993, she won the titles of Miss Michigan USA and Miss USA.
- Moore Hair is her haircare brand.
- Kenya also owns Moore Media House, a production company.
- She is also a contestant on the reality dance show Dancing with the Stars.
- Kenya maintains an extremely active Instagram account.