Julianne Moore is an American actor and author who has worked in the entertainment sector since the 1990s and continues to do so. She has garnered numerous awards in Hollywood films, including an Academy Award, two Golden Globes, and two Primetime Emmy Awards. Julianne Moore was named one of the 100 most influential persons in the world by Time magazine in 2015, and The New York Times ranked her #11 in their list of the “25 Greatest Actors of the Twenty-First Century” in 2020.
She made her cinematic debut as Susan in the 1990 horror anthology film “Tales From The Darkside: The Movie.” Her debut television appearance was as Carmen Engler in an episode of the soap opera “The Edge of Night” in 1984.
- Being a famous American actress and children’s book author.
- The media has labeled her as one of the most talented and accomplished actors of her generation.
- For her roles as agent Clarice Starling in “Hannibal” (2001), Laura Brown in The Hours (2002), President Alma Coin in “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay” film series, and politician Sara Palin in HBO political drama film “Game Change” in 2012.
- She has received praise for her representations of emotionally damaged women in both small and blockbuster films.
Julie Anne Smith was Julianne Moore’s given name at birth. She was born Julie, but she changed her name from Julie Anne Smith to Julianne Moore because another Julie Anne Smith already existed. Moore is her father’s middle name, and Anne is her mother’s name. So, without offending anyone, she merged Julie and Anne to make Julianne. Her birthday is December 3rd, 1960, and she was born at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, USA.
She was born to Peter Moore Smith (who served in the United States Army as a paratrooper; later, he rose to the rank of colonel and became a military judge) and Anne Love Smith (a Psychologist and a social worker from Scotland). She also has two younger siblings, Peter Moore Smith and Valerie Smith (younger sister). She is of American-British nationality and comes from a mixed ethnic background, as she is of Irish-German-Welsh-Ashkenazi Jewish-English-Scottish ancestry.
Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius, and she is an atheist. Julianne will be 60 years old in 2020. Julianne Moore attended Virginia’s J. E. B. Stuart High School. After that, she went to Frankfurt American High School. She has a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Theatre from Boston University’s School of the Arts (1983).
|Celebrated Name||Julianne Moore|
|Age||61 Years old.|
|Nick Name||Julianne Moore|
|Birth Name||Julie Anne Smith|
|Place Of Birth||Fort Bragg, North Carolina|
|Father||Peter Moore Smith|
|Mother||Anne Love Smith|
|Brothers||Peter Moore Smith|
|High School||Frankfurt American High School, J. E. B. Stuart High School|
|Total Number of Awards||Оѕсаr Аwаrd and more|
|Husband||Bart Freundlich (Present), John Gould Rubin (Ex)|
|Net Worth||$55 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Height||5 feet 3 inches or 160 cm|
|Body Measurement||36-26-35 inches|
|Shoe Size||7.5 US|
|Bra Cup Size||34B|
Julianne Moore Career
- Julianne Moore relocated to New York City and started working as a waiter.
- She began her career in off-Broadway theater in 1985, and her first movie part was in an episode of the soap opera The Edge of Night 1985.
- She rose to prominence after joining the cast of As the World Turns. In the roles of half-sisters Frannie and Sabrina Hughes.
- She also appeared in the 1987 CBS miniseries I’ll Take Manhattan and in TV movies such as Money, Power, Murder (1989), The Last to Go (1991) and Cast a Deadly Spell (1992).
- In the 1990s, she received her first film role in Tales of the Dark Side, in which she played a mummy victim, which was later followed by the thriller The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, The Gun in Betty Lou’s Handbag, Body of Evidence, Benny & Joon, The Fugitive, Short Cuts, Vanya on 42nd Street, Safe, Roommates, Nine Months, Assassins, Surviving Picasso, The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- During the 2000s, she performed in the comedy The Ladies Man and then in the play “Not I.”
- In 2001, she played FBI Agent Clarice Starling in “Hannibal.” She then appeared in three more films in 2001, including “Evolution” with David Duchovny, “Traveler” with her husband, and “The Shipping News” with Kevin Spacey, Judi Dench, and Cate Blanchett.
- She went on to appear in films such as “Far from Heaven,” “The Hours,” “Marie and Bruce,” “Laws of Attraction,” “The Forgotten,” “Trust the Man,” “The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio,” “Freedomland,” and “Children of Men.”
- In the world premiere of David Hare’s play The Vertical Hour, she made her Broadway debut.
- She reprised her role as an FBI agent in “Next” (2007) and also starred in “I’m Not There” (2007).
- She co-starred in “Blindness” alongside Mark Ruffalo in 2008. She also appeared in “The Private Lives of Pippa Lee” as a supporting actress before starring in the sensual thriller “Chloe” in 2009. She appeared in “A Single Man” the same year.
- She appeared as a guest star in the fourth season of “30 Rock.” She also appeared as Frannie Hughes in “As the World Turns.”
- Shelter (2010) was her first big-screen debut of the new decade, and she then co-starred in the independent film “The Kids Are All Right” alongside Annette Bening (2010).
- She played a supporting role in “Crazy, Stupid, Love” before going on to act in the HBO television film “Game Change.”
- In 2012, she appeared in two films: Being Flynn and What Maisie Knew.
- She started 2013 with a cameo in Joseph Gordon-comedy Levitt’s “Don Jon.” Her next job was as the lead in the comedy “The English Teacher” (2013).
- Her first 2014 release was the action-thriller “Non-Stop,” in which she co-starred with Liam Neeson, and was followed by “Maps to the Stars,” “The Hunger Games film series, Mockingjay – Part 1,” and “The Hunger Games film series, Mockingjay – Part 2.”
- She starred as a linguistics professor stricken with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease in the drama “Still Alice.”
- Moore starred in “Seventh Son,” “Freeheld,” “Maggie’s Plan,” and “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2” in 2015.
- In 2017, she had three films released: “Wonderstruck,” “Suburbicon,” and “The Golden Circle.”
- In 2018, she had two films released: “Gloria Bell” and “Bel Canto.”
- The following year, she reunited with her spouse in “After the Wedding,” and in 2019, she acted in “The Staggering Girl.”
- She portrays feminist hero Gloria Steinem in the film “The Glorias” in 2020.
- She appeared as a minor character in Joe Wright’s thriller “The Woman in the Window” in 2021.
- Her next project will be “Lisey’s Story,” an Apple TV+ miniseries based on Stephen King’s thriller novel of the same name.
- She has also agreed to play the character of Joy Mothertrucker, an ice road trucker, in Joey Soloway’s biography “Mother trucker,” as well as a supporting role in Stephen Chbosky’s musical “Dear Evan Hansen.”
Awards and Achievements
- Throughout her career, Julianne Moore has won 169 nominations and 78 Academy Awards. She is a recipient of the Oscar Award.
- She has been nominated for five Academy Awards, nine Golden Globes, seven SAG nods, and four BAFTAs.
- She is the recipient of an Academy Award, two Golden Globes, a BAFTA, and two SAG Awards, as well as a Primetime Emmy and a Daytime Emmy. He was named Best Actress at the Cannes Film Festival, Berlin International Film Festival, and Venice Film Festival, making him only the fourth person and second woman in history to do it.
- From the car wаrd to the Gоldеn Glоbе wаrd, hе hа wоn almost every оllуwооd аwаrd fоr thе best асtrе саtеgоry.
- She has won rtс hосе V wаrd, саr wаrd, Gоldеn Glоbе wаrd, and Dау-tmе mmу wаrd, among others.
- Still, Alice earned her an Oscar nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role (2014).
- She also received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television for Game Change (2012).
- She earned the Felix Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Boogie Nights (1997). She is one of just two actresses (the other being Juliette Binoche) to have won the European “Best Actress Triple Crown,” which includes victories at the Berlin, Cannes, and Venice film festivals.
Julianne Moore Husband
In August 2003, Julianne Moore married her spouse, Bart Freundlich. Bart Freundlich is a film and television director, producer, and screenwriter by trade. Moore started dating Bart Freundlich, her director on The Myth of Fingerprints, in 1996.
The couple has two children: Caleb Freundlich (born in December 1997) and Liv Helen Freundlich (born – in April 2002). The happily married couple lives in Greenwich Village, New York City. Her sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Julianne married actor and theater director John Gould Rubin in 1986, after dating for two years. They divorced nine years later, in 1995, after nine years of marriage.
Julianne Moore Net Worth
Julianne Moore is a wealthy actress and author who has amassed a fortune over the course of her career. By 2021, the аwаrd-winning асtrе will have a whopping net worth of $55 million. She has made money solely from her acting work. Coach watches (2000), Revlon (2002), Coach leather handbags (2000), Revlon Age-Defying Foundation (2003), Aveda (2002), Revlon’s High-Dimension Haircolor (2003-2004), Montblanc watches (2006), Talbots fashion stores (2011), L’Oreal Paris’ Superior Preference” hair color system (2013), L’Oreal Paris’ Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil (2013), and others.
Her actual compensation, however, has yet to be revealed. Her primary source of money is the entertainment industry. She also makes a good living from her writing career. She is content with her money. She is currently living a lavish lifestyle.
How tall is Julianne Moore?
Julianne Moore has green eyes and red hair and is a stunning actress. She is 5 feet 3 inches tall or 160 cm tall and weighs 54 kg or 119 pounds. Her body measurements are 36-26-35 inches, dress size 4 (US), and shoe size 7.5. (US).
Her physique is sporty. 34B is her bra size. Moore is a yoga enthusiast who practices Ashtanga yoga three times a week. She eats nutritious foods and prepares most of her meals at home.
Did You Know?
- Julie Anne Smith is Julianne Moore’s birth name.
- Her first cinematic appearance was in Tales from the Darkside: The Movie (1990).
- She has authored a series of children’s books featuring the character “Freckleface Strawberry.”
- She applied for British citizenship in 2011.
- She can speak a little German in addition to English.
- She is a left-handed woman.