Josh Taylor is a Scottish professional boxer who is a unified light-welterweight world champion, having held the IBF, Ring magazine, and WBO championships since 2019. From 2019 to May 2022, he held the WBA (Super) title, and from 2021 to July 2022, he had the WBC belt. He held the Commonwealth light-welterweight title from 2016 to 2017, and as an amateur boxer, he won a lightweight silver medal in the 2010 Commonwealth Games and a light-welterweight gold medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
With his victory over José Ramrez in 2021, he became the second Scotsman and the first Briton in the four-belt era to be an undisputed champion. For his aggressive boxing style, he is known as “The Tartan Tornado.” He is ranked as the world’s top active light-welterweight by BoxRec and the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board as of May 2022. In terms of his boxing record, at the time of writing, he had fought 19 times, winning all of them via KO.
- Being a boxer from Scotland.
- Being a unified world champion in the light-welterweight division, having held the IBF and Ring magazine belts since 2019, and the WBO title since 2021.
Josh Taylor Age and Nationality
Josh Taylor was born on January 2, 1991, in Prestonpans, Scotland. His nationality is Scottish, and he is of Scottish-White descent. As of 2022, he is 31 years old. Diane Taylor is his mother’s name. He has not revealed any information regarding his education.
|Celebrated Name||Josh Taylor|
|Age||31 Years Old|
|Nick Name||The Tartan Tornado|
|Birth Name||Josh Taylor|
|Place Of Birth||Prestonpans|
|Girlfriend||Danielle Murphy (Wife)|
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Fighting Career|
|Height||5 feet 10 in or 1.78 m|
|Reach||69 1/2 or 1.77 m|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Body Type||Bodybuilder and Athletic|
Josh Taylor Professional Career
- Josh won the junior taekwondo championship.
- At the age of 15, he switched to boxing.
- He started at Meadowbank ABC before moving on to Lochend ABC, where he was coached by Terry McCormack of Edinburgh.
- He took silver in the lightweight final of the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, when he was defeated by Thomas Stalker 11-3.
- Following the European Qualifying Event in Trabzon, Turkey, the ACB Lochend fighter qualified for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, falling in the round of 16 against number two seed Domenico Valentino.
- Later, he became the first lightweight Scottish boxer to qualify for the Olympics since Dick McTaggart in 1956, when he won a gold medal in Melbourne and a bronze medal in Rome.
- In 2014, he advanced to the Commonwealth Games final for the second time.
- He won the gold medal after defeating Namibia’s Junias Jonas in the final.
- He also represented the British Lionhearts in the World Boxing Series.
- In June 2015, he signed with Barry McGuigan’s Cyclone Promotions and began his professional career.
- Shane McGuigan then trained him.
- In July 2015, he made his debut, defeating Archie Weah with a second-round technical knockout.
- In his eighth bout, he won the Commonwealth light-welterweight title by stopping Dave Ryan in the fifth round.
- He previously held the championship from 2014 to 2015.
- He knocked out his first seven opponents. On January 28, 2017, his KO streak came to a stop against Alfonso Olvera, who went eight rounds with Taylor at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. He won by unanimous decision (UD) with scores of 79-72 twice and 78-73 once.
- On March 24, he successfully defended his Commonwealth championship for the first time, defeating Warren Joubert via sixth-round TKO.
- The next battle for Josh Taylor will be against Ohara Davies, Miguel Vázquez, and Viktor Postol.
- Taylor joined fellow light welterweights Ryan Martin, Terry Flanagan, Regis Prograis, Eduard Troyanovsky, Anthony Yigit, Ivan Baranchyk, and WBA champion Kiryl Relikh in the eight-man tournament on June 30, 2018.
- The first defense of his undisputed light-welterweight title was slated for December 18, 2021, at SSE Hydro in Glasgow, against WBO mandatory challenger Jack Catterall.
- Taylor reported on 21 October that he had suffered an injury, and the bout was rescheduled for 26 February 2022.
Who is the wife of Josh Taylor?
Josh Taylor is married to Danielle Murphy, his lovely girlfriend-turned-wife. After being in a relationship for over ten years, Josh eventually got down on one knee and proposed to Danielle on December 2, 2020, and she said “Yes.” Their friendship has become deeper than ever since then. The married lovebirds are having a great time.
Taylor was arrested and charged with threatening or abusive behavior in December 2019 following an altercation while partying in Edinburgh. He remarked a bouncer’s “nose ring is homosexual” after being asked to leave a nightclub, and referred to the bouncer as a “gay-looking cunt” and a “huge orange-looking cunt.” He later pled guilty and was fined £350 at Edinburgh Sheriff Court. He later stated on Twitter, “I sincerely apologize for my foolish acts. It’s been a wild ride for me this year, becoming a unified world champion, and on this occasion, I’ve gone too far.”
Josh Taylor Net Worth
Josh Taylor is a great boxer with a net worth of $4 million as of 2022. His boxing profession is his primary source of riches.
He spent some of his cash on fancy automobiles and motorcycles. He has a wealthy lifestyle. He earns tens of thousands of dollars.
Josh Taylor Height
Josh Taylor has a height of 5 feet 10 inches or 1.78 meters. His body weight is 60 kilograms. His greatest reach is 69 12 in.
His eyes are blue, and his hair is dark brown. His physique is athletic and bodybuilder. He also has tattoos on various parts of his body.
Did You Know?
- Taylor was a fan of motorcycle racing as a child, and “dreamed of being a world champion superbike racer or a world champion MotoGP racer,” citing Valentino Rossi and Steve Hislop as boyhood heroes.
- He has been a Hibernian F.C. fan since he was a child.
- He was born in Scotland.
- He began boxing at the age of fifteen.