Who is James Van Der Beek?
Success belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams, this line has been very well proved by James Van Der Beek who is an actor, producer, Instagram personality, and media star from the United States. He is well-known for his work in films and television series such as Varsity Blues, Scary Movie, Formosa Betrayed, Dawson’s Creek, Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, and CSI: Cyber.
He is also well-known for his wins at the Teen Choice Awards in 1999 and the San Diego Film Festival Awards in 2009.
Personal life/Early life
On March 8, 1977, James was born and raised in Cheshire, Connecticut, USA, to a business executive and a dancer and gymnast from a half-Dutch family.
He graduated from Cheshire Academy, where he had his musical Broadway debut with the play “Shenandoah” and performed in the feature film “Angus” in 1995. He enrolled at Drew University to complete his bachelor’s degree and participated in numerous plays and theatre productions.
As we talked about his relationship, James van has married twice. Heather McComb was his first wife, whom he married in 2003 and divorced in 2010 due to personal reasons.
In 2010, he married Kimberly Van Der Beek, a business strategist, and producer, and they had five children: four daughters, Olivia, Annabel, Emilia, and Gwendolyn, and a son, Joshua Van Der Beek.
|Name||James Van Der Beek|
|Birthdate||March 8, 1977|
|Age||45 years (as of 2022)|
|Birth Place||Cheshire, Connecticut, USA|
|Net Worth||5.5m USD|
|Height(Approx)||In feet: 5 feet 8 inches
In cm: 173 cm
|Weight(Approx)||In kg: 79 kg
In pounds: 174 lbs
|Father Name||Jim Van Der Beek|
|Mother Name||Melinda Van Der Beek|
|Siblings||Brother: Jared Van Der Beek
Sister: Juliana Van Der Beek
|College||Cheshire Academy, Drew University|
|Wife/Spouse||Heather McComb (2003-2010), Kimberly Van Der Beek (present)|
|Children||Son: Joshua Van Der Beek
Daughter: Olivia, Annabel, Emilia, Gwendolyn
|Favorite Actor||Not known|
|Favorite Actress||Not known|
|Favorite Destination||New York|
- James has always been interested in acting and filmmaking, and while studying at Cheshire Academy, he had his Broadway musical debut at Goodspeed Opera House with a piece called “Shenandoah.”
- Simultaneously, he made his acting debut as Rick Sandford in the comedy film “Angus.”
- James made his cinematic debut as Tony in the romance drama “I Love You, I Love You Not.” The film was a commercial success, and his performance in it was noteworthy, earning him a national reputation as an actor.
- Following his first breakthrough, he went on to appear in a number of successful films, including Varsity Blues (1999), Formosa Betrayed (2009), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2011), The Rules of Attraction (2002), The Big Bang (2010), and Downsizing (2012).
- His most recent film was “Bad Hair,” a horror comedy in which he played Grant.
- James made his television debut in 1993 as Paulie in the adolescent comedy sitcom “Clarissa Explains It All.”
- In 1995, he played Stephen Anderson in the show “As the World Turns,” and the audience praised his performance.
- He catapulted to global fame as an actor due to his outstanding performance as Dawson Leery in the popular television series “Dawson’s Creek” in 1998. The program was commercially successful and earned him accolades for many prizes.
- James has now been in a number of notable television programs, including Robot Chicken (2006), How I Met Your Mother (2008), Mercy (2010), Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 (2012), CSI: Cyber (2015), Carters Get Rich (2017) and many more.
- He appeared in two popular Dancing with the Stars episodes in 2019 and 2020: 28 and 25 Words or Less.
- James in addition to performing is a social media personality who has amassed thousands of followers on various social media platforms such as Instagram by sharing his travel, lifestyle images, videos, and political opinions.
- Because of his incredible lip-sync videos, he has amassed millions of views and followers on TikTok as well.
- James got an MTV Movie Honor for best breakthrough male talent in 1999 for his film Varsity Blues, and the same award in 2001 for his film “Scary Movie.”
- For Formosa Betrayed, he was nominated for a Blockbuster Entertainment Award in 2000 and a San Diego Film Festival Award in 2009. James earned a NewNowNext Award for his acting in 2011.
Wealth and Net Worth
James Van Der Beek’s net worth is estimated to be more than 5.5 million USD in 2021. His money comes from performing, movies, television series, brand sponsorships, and other commercial enterprises.
This eminent personality, James was born on March 8, 1977, and has turned 45 years old as of 2022. He is blessed with a charming personality which is enhanced by his brown hair and blue eyes. His height is 5 feet and 8 inches which is 173 centimeters. He follows a regular and healthy diet in order to keep himself healthy with a weight of 79 kg or 174 lbs.
Some Amazing Facts at A Glance About James Van Der Beek:
- James is fond of playing basketball and soccer.
- He adores dogs and has a pet dog.
- His favorite color is Red.
- Beek’s favorite destination is France.
- His zodiac sign is Pisces.