Jackson Wang is a Hong Kong rapper, singer, and dancer best known as a member of the South Korean boy band “Got7” signed to JYP Entertainment. He is also well-known for his appearance on the Korean reality show “Roommate.” In mainland China, he also performs as a solo performer and hosts television shows. In 2020, he was ranked 41st on the Forbes China Celebrity 100 list.
He is very active on social media, with around 18.6 million followers on Instagram: @jacksonwang852g7 and approximately 2.5 million followers on Twitter: @JacksonWang852.
In addition, on September 4th, 2020, Jackson will release his new track “Pretty Please” on his YouTube page. Galantis, an electronic duo, also appears on the track. On March 20th of the same year, he also published his self-written track “100 ways.” He has a YouTube channel with over 2.88 million subscribers.
- He is best known as a member of the South Korean boy band “Got 7.”
- A well-known Chinese singer and dancer
Jackson Wang Age and Parents
Jackson Wang was born in Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong, China, on March 28, 1994. He is of Chinese descent. Wang Ka-yee is his given name. His ethnicity is Asian, and his zodiac sign is Aries.
He was the second child of Wang Ruiji (father) and Sophia Chow (mother). Winston is his older brother. His father was a member of China’s national fencing squad and an Asian Games gold medalist, and his mother was an acrobatic gymnast. His maternal grandpa is Zhou Yongchan.
He was reared with his brother in his homeland of Hong Kong. After being motivated by his father, he began mastering fencing at the age of ten. His father mentored him and assisted him in learning to fence. He persisted in learning the fencing. Later, he joined Hong Kong’s Junior Fencing squad as a saber fencer, finishing 11th in the 2010 Summer Youth Olympics. He won the Asian Junior Fencing Championship in 2011.
He attended American International School Hong Kong for his education. He did not accept the Standford University fencing scholarship because he was always interested in music and wanted to pursue music as a career.
After that, he went on to audition for JYP Entertainment in Kowloon. He passed the audition after a few months and relocated to Seoul for K-pop training in 2011. He trained alongside his bandmates BamBam, Mark, Youngjae, and JB. In 2013, he also competed in the “Win: Who is Next” competition between YG Entertainment and JYP trainees.
|Celebrated Name||Jackson Wang|
|Age||28 Years old.|
|Birth Name||Wang Ke-yee|
|Place Of Birth||Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong|
|Famous For||Famous as the member of South Korean boy band “Got 7”|
|Net Worth||$1.8 million|
|Body Measurement||41-31-35 inches|
Jackson Wang Career
- Jackson Wang began his professional music career in 2013 as one of seven members of JYP Entertainment’s new boy band “Got7.”
- His band made their debut with the track “Girls Girls Girls,” which was released on January 16, 2014.
- On January 20, 2014, Got7 released their first EP, “Got It?” The EP garnered favorable reviews and debuted at number one on Billboard’s World Album Chart.
- He also appeared in the second season of the South Korean reality show “Roommate” that year.
- He has appeared on numerous television shows, including “Inkigayo,” “Hitmaker,” “Idol Producer,” “Hot Blood Dance Crew,” and “Celebrity Bromance.”
- In 2015, Got7 received the New Artist Award at the 29th Golden Disc Awards.
- He sang his self-written songs “I Love It” and “We Only Live Once” at the band’s first show in Seoul.
- In 2016, he also joined the cast of the Chinese cooking show “Go Fridge.”
- On November 6, 2018, he released his single “Different Game.” Gucci Mane was also featured on the track.
- His past solo singles include “Papillon,” “Another,” “Okay,” “100 Ways,” “Dawn of Us,” “Rumble,” “X,” and “Dway.”
- On October 25, 2019, Jackson released his debut studio album “Mirrors.”
- In 2018, he was a judge on the Chinese music show “Sound of My Dream 3,” and in 2019, he was a judge on the Chinese show “Chuang.”
- Got7’s 11th EP “Dye” was published on April 20th, 2020. It peaked at number four on the Billboard Albums chart.
- In 2020, he was placed 41st on the Forbes China Celebrity 100 list.
- On September 4, 2020, he released the song “Pretty Please,” which also features the Swedish music duet “Galantis.” This song is a remix of the 1990s hit “Give Love A Chance.”
- Wang and JJ Lin collaborated on the Chinese-language track “Should’ve Let Go” in December 2020.
- That same month, he performed at the KBS Song Festival alongside Jessi for a version of her song “NUNU NANA.” He was placed 41st on the Forbes China Celebrity 100 list in 2020.
- He is the Chinese artist with the most Vevo views in the shortest amount of time.
- Departure from JYPE, Panthepack, and Magic Man from 2021 until the present.
- He and the other Got7 members quit JYP Entertainment on January 19, 2021, when their exclusivity contracts expired. Since then, Team Wang has managed his worldwide operations.
- There were speculations that Wang had also joined with Sublime Artist Agency, which was later confirmed by the latter on January 22.
- Later that month, he released “Alone,” a self-produced Chinese single.
- Wang appeared on three new songs in March 2021: “Magnetic” by Rain, “So Bad” by Vava, and “M.I.A.” by Afgan.
- On March 26, he launched his new English track, “LMLY,” coupled with a music video inspired by 90s Hong Kong films.
- Wang played “LMLY” at the Harper’s Bazaar Fashion Icons Party in April 2021, when he was named “Musician of the Year.”
- On April 21, Wang made his late-night television debut in the United States with the tune, playing it live on The Late Late Show With James Corden.
- Wang also sang “DNA” on the Mango TV reality competition series Sisters Who Make Waves in April.
- In June 2021, Wang was ranked in the top ten on the Forbes China Celebrity 100 list and was named one of Tatler Hong Kong Asia’s Most Influential People in Culture.
- Wang debuted as a mentor on the Tencent variety show Girls Like Us in July of that year, after appearing on an episode of Go Fridge. Wang also remixed Rich Brian, NIKI, and Warren Hue’s “California” in July.
- Another English single, “Drive You Home,” was published on July 29 in partnership with Internet Money. Wang plays himself in a reversed timeline scenario in the self-directed and self-written cinematic music video.
- Wang announced the formation of the hip hop ensemble Panthepack under his label, Team Wang, in August 2021, with himself as one of the members, as well as rapper Ice, J.Sheon, and Karencici. Their song “Buzz” was published on August 28, 2021, and their debut album, The Pack, was released in September 2021.
- Throughout 2021, Wang received multiple honors, including “Best Male Artist of the Year” at the NetEase Indie Music Awards, “Most Influential Male Singer in Asia” at the Chinese Top Ten Awards, and “Best Original Music Award” at the Global Chinese Music Festival for the track “Alone.”
- He released the new single “Blow” on March 31, 2022, which preceded the release of his whole album Magic Man.
- He played at Coachella on April 16 with “100 Ways,” “Blow,” and the unreleased tune “Cruel.”
- On July 12, 2022, he opened the football match between Manchester United and Liverpool with a one-hour spectacle at Rajamangala Stadium.
- He also collaborated with the Singapore Tourism Board on the worldwide marketing campaign SingapoReimagine.
Jackson Wang Girlfriend
Jackson Wang, a Got7 member, is not married as of this date. He is also not in a relationship right now. He appears to be more concerned with his profession than with his personal life. He has also not been the subject of any dating speculations. He adores and respects his parents, which he demonstrates by often blogging about them on his social media pages. He is currently residing in South Korea.
He also speaks and is fluent in seven languages. Chinese, Canton Chinese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, French, and English are among them. He also received the Best Male Rookie Award for his role in the TV drama “Roommate.” In his career, he has received 21 awards.
Jackson Wang Net Worth
Jackson Wang, a Chinese singer, and dancer has made a lot of money since his debut in 2014. As of 2020, his net worth is predicted to be $1.8 million, while Got7’s net worth is $12 million.
His net worth comprises all of his possessions as well as his current earnings. He also receives money through endorsement partnerships with companies such as “Coca-Cola,” “Cartier,” and other Chinese brands.
Jackson Wang Height
Jackson Wang, 26 years old, has a well-kept athletic body. He has fair skin, brown hair, and black eyes. He stands at 5ft 8inches (1.73m) tall and weighs 80kg. His physical size is 41-31-35 inches. He wears size 8 shoes (US). Black is his favorite color.
Fun facts about Jackson Wang:
- Miracle in Cell No. 7 is his favorite film; the film is incredibly depressing, and Jackson found himself crying while watching it.
- Jackson was once caught liking a pornographic Instagram post by his followers, and when he realized his error, he quickly unliked the photo (typical Jackson!).
- He enjoys hamburgers, chicken, and dim sum but cannot handle spicy dishes. (He also like cheese!)
- Jackson is hugely popular in China; he’s had a great solo music career there and has already established himself as one of the country’s top celebrities, appearing on a number of variety and survival shows. (He’s practically all across China!)
- Before his debut, Jackson provided us with humorous films of himself doing the dishes, being scolded by a teacher, and performing his famous popping dance.
- Jackson is swiftly becoming one of the most popular male idols on Instagram, with over 9 million followers. (He is GOT7’s most followed individual member.)
- He can communicate in a variety of languages, including Korean, English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, and French. (This makes him the ideal travel companion.)
- J-Flawless was Jackson’s screen moniker when he first appeared on television. (Some supporters still refer to him by this moniker.)
- He was a member of the Big Byung parody group, which was founded by Jeong Hyeong-Don and Defconn. Jackson (GOT7), Sungjae (BTOB), N, and Hyuk were among the members (VIXX).