Who is Hardik Pandya?
Hardik Himanshu Pandya better known as ‘Hardik Pandiya’ is an Indian cricketer who currently plays for Baroda in domestic cricket. He is now the captain of the new Ahmedabad-based Indian Premier League franchise. He is a right-handed all-rounder who bats and bowls right-arm fast-medium. Krunal Pandya, his elder brother, is also an international cricketer.
Personal Life/Early Life
Hardik Pandya was born in Surat, Gujarat on October 11, 1993. His father, Himanshu Pandya, owned a modest auto financing firm in Surat, which he closed and relocated to Vadodara when Hardik was five years old in order to provide better cricket training facilities for his boys. At Vadodara, he enrolled his two boys (Hardik and Krunal) in Kiran More’s cricket academy. The Pandya family resided in a rented flat in Gorwa, with the brothers driving to the cricket stadium in a second-hand automobile.
Hardik attended MK High School until ninth grade, when he dropped out to focus on cricket. Hardik made consistent improvement in youth cricket and “won a lot of matches single-handedly” in club cricket, according to Krunal. Hardik disclosed in an interview with the Indian Express that he was withdrawn from his state age-group teams owing to “attitude problems,” adding that he is “simply an outspoken youngster” who does not “like to hide his emotions.”
Hardik was a leg spinner till the age of 18 before switching to fast bowling at the request of Baroda coach Sanath Kumar.
He was in a relationship with Lisha Sharma, a Kolkata-based model, in early 2016. Later, in a media interview, he confirmed his relationship with her. He announced his split on Instagram and asked for end the rumors.
Since 2017, Hardik Pandya and Elli Avram have been dating. They both appeared in a commercial shoot as well as in public. Elli is a Swedish actress and model who has worked in Bollywood. She also attends Hardik’s brother’s wedding, and images of the event become popular on social media. However, they broke up in early 2018.
On January 1, 2020, Pandya got engaged to Nataa Stankovic, a Serbian dancer and actress residing in India. Agastya Pandya, their first child, was born on July 30.
|Full Name||Hardik Himanshu Pandya|
|Birth Date||11 October 1993 (Monday)|
|Age (As of 2021)||28 Years|
|Birth Place||Choryasi, Surat, Gujarat, India|
|Hometown||Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to Music|
|Debut International Cricket||ODI- 16 October 2016 against New Zealand at Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, India
Test- 26 July 2017 against Sri Lanka at Galle, Sri Lanka
T20I- 26 January 2016 against Australia at Adelaide, Australia
|Jersey Number||#228 (India)
|Domestic/State Team||Baroda, Mumbai Indians, Indian Board Presidents XI|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Net Worth||$1.5 million|
|Height(Approx)||In feet & inches: 6’ 0”
In centimters: 183 cm
|Weight(Approx)||In kilograms: 70 kg
In pounds: 154 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Family Background, Education
|Father Name||Himanshu Pandya (Businessman; died of cardiac arrest on 16 January 2021)|
|Mother Name||Nalini Pandya
|Siblings||Brother- Krunal Pandya (Elder; Cricketer)
|Education Qualification||Not Known|
Girlfriend, Wife, Marriage
|Girlfriend||Lisha Sharma (Model)
Elli AvrRam (Actress)
|Wife/Spouse||Natasa Stankovic (Serbian actress and model)
|Children||Son- Agastya (born in July 2020)
Favorite Things & Assets
|Favorite Actor||Akshay Kumar|
|Favorite Actress||Alia Bhatt, Kareena Kapoor, Deepika Padukone,|
|Favorite Cricketer||Batsmen- Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh
Bowler- Harbhajan Singh
|Favourite Shot||Straight Drive
|Favorite Cricket Ground||Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai|
|Favorite Football Team||Manchester United Football Club|
|Favorite Mobile App|
|Favorite TV Show||Not Known|
|Favorite Book(s)||Not Known|
|Favorite Comic Character||Not Known|
|Car Collection||• Land Rover Range Rover Vogue
• Audi A6
Social Media Accounts
Since 2013, Pandya has been a member of the Baroda cricket squad. In the 2013–14 season, he was instrumental in Baroda winning the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. In the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in January 2016, he smashed eight sixes in an unbroken 86-run innings to lead Baroda to a six-wicket victory against Vidarbha.
The Indian Premier League is a professional cricket league in India. In the Indian Premier League, Pandya was a member of the Mumbai Indians. He struck a quickfire 61 off 31 balls to win the match for his side and collect his second man of the match award of the season against Kolkata Knight Riders, in a must-win scenario for Mumbai Indians to stay in the fight for the top four teams. For the same match, he was also given the ‘Yes Bank maximum sixes prize.’
Pandya was released by Mumbai Indians ahead of the IPL 2022 super auction and recruited by the new Ahmedabad franchise for INR 15 crore as their captain with Rashid Khan and Shubman Gill.
At the age of 22, Pandya made his Twenty20 International debut for India against Australia on January 27, 2016, taking two wickets. Chris Lynn was his first Twenty20 International wicket. He batted ahead of Yuvraj Singh and MS Dhoni in the second T20I against Sri Lanka in Ranchi, hitting 27 off 14 balls before falling to Thisara Perera for a hat-trick. Pandya hammered an 18-ball 31 at the 2016 Asia Cup, boosting India to a decent total against Bangladesh. Later on, he took a wicket to seal the victory. He bowled his best statistics of 3 for 8 against Pakistan in the following match, restricting Pakistan to 83 runs. Pandya got two key wickets in the last three balls of the tournament’s final over as India overcame Bangladesh by one run in a 2016 World Twenty20 match against Bangladesh on March 23. His best bowling stats of 4 for 38 came against England in the third and final Twenty20 International on July 8, 2018, when he scored 33 Not Out in 14 balls, striking the winning runs with a six off Jordan. Hardik became the first Indian to grab four wickets and score more than 30 runs in the same T20I. Pandya was picked to India’s team for the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup in September 2021.
Pandya, on the other hand, did not have the intended effect. He made 11 runs in India’s 10-wicket loss over Pakistan. His later innings of 23 against New Zealand did not aid India’s case in the tournament, as defeat to New Zealand meant India was eliminated from the competition despite victories against inexperienced sides like as Afghanistan, Scotland, and Namibia. Pandya was chosen as an all-rounder for the team. He only bowled two overs against New Zealand, bringing up no wickets and conceding 17 runs. His lack of runs and failure to contribute with the ball resulted in his exclusion from the side for the T20I series against New Zealand that followed the World Cup.
Career in One-Day Internationals
On October 16, 2016, Pandya made his One Day International (ODI) debut for India against New Zealand at Dharamshala. After Sandeep Patil, Mohit Sharma, and K. L. Rahul, he became the fourth Indian to be chosen player of the match on his ODI debut.  He scored 36 runs off 32 balls in his maiden ODI innings as a batter. Pandya smashed three successive sixes off Imad Wasim in the same over before rain suspended play in the ICC Champions Trophy group stages. After going in with India at 54/5 after a top-order collapse, he hit a 43-ball 76 in a losing cause in the Champions Trophy final at the Oval on 18 June 2017.
Cricinfo named him to the ODI XI of the Year for 2017. He was picked to India’s team for the 2019 Cricket World Cup in April 2019. Pandya made his 50th ODI appearance against the West Indies on June 27, 2019.
Pandya was named to India’s Test team for their home series against England in late 2016, although he was subsequently pulled out after injuring himself while practicing in the PCA Stadium nets.
In July 2017, he was picked to the team that traveled Sri Lanka, and he played his debut Test on July 26 in Galle. Pandya made his first Test century in the third and final Test against Sri Lanka in Pallekele, breaking the record of being the first Indian batsman to register a Test century before lunch. He also broke the record for most runs scored in a single over in a Test innings for India, with 26 runs.
- He and KL Rahul were invited to Karan Johar’s chat programme ‘Koffee with Karan’ in 2019. Because of their sexist remarks, the event sparked outrage.
- Rape-molestation claim made by Dawood’s aide’s wife: In November 2021, Rehnuma Bhati, the wife of one of Dawood Ibrahim’s aides, filed a case at Mumbai’s Santacruz police station against her husband, Riaz Bhati, cricketers Hardik Pandya and Munaf Patel, and congress politicians Rajeev Shukla and Prithviraj Kothari. She accused them of rape and molestation in her lawsuit.
- The customs agency confiscated his imported wrist watches: On November 16, 2021, Pandya went to social media to deny allegations of customs officers snatching his fancy pieces at Mumbai airport. The batsman denied claims that the customs agency had measured his two Rs. 5 crore wrist watches. According to reports, customs authorities discovered that the price of the timepieces on the invoices filed did not match the real worth. In his defence, Pandya wrote, “The cost of the watch is roughly 1.5 crore and not 5 crore as speculations going around social media.” He continued, “On my arrival from Dubai early on Monday morning, November 15th, after picking up my bags, I willingly proceeded to the Mumbai airport customs counter to report the products carried by me and pay the appropriate customs duty. “Wrong conceptions about my declaration to customs at Mumbai airport have been circulating around on social media, and I’d want to clarify what happened.” Pandya stated that he provided all of the acquired products’ documentation. “I had freely disclosed all of the products that I had legitimately acquired from Dubai and was prepared to pay any tariffs that were due.””
Records (main ones)
With 377 runs and 10 wickets in 2016, he became the top scorer in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
Wealth and Net Worth
According to Forbes Magazine, Hardik Pandya has a net valued of $1.5 million and an IPL franchise worth $12-13 crores. He is one of the most expensive cricket players of all time, and as a result, he has multiple bungalows and a spectacular flat in Mumbai. Hardik Pandya has a property in Vadodara, Gujarat, valued INR 30 crore.
This eminent personality, Hardik was born on 11 October 1993 and has turned 28 years old as of 2021. He is blessed with an attractive personality which is enhanced by his Light Ash Blonde hair and moss green eyes. His height is 6 feet which is 183 in centimeters. He follows a regular and healthy diet in order to keep himself healthy with the weight of 70 kg.
Some Amazing Facts At A Glance About Hardik Pandya
- Is Hardik Pandya a smoker? Yes
- Hardik Pandya consumes alcoholic beverages: Yes.
- Hardik Pandya is from a low-income household.
- His father is a die-hard cricket fan. His father took him to see matches in Baroda when he was a boy, and this sparked his love in cricket.
- When he was five years old, his family relocated from Choryasi, Surat to Gorwa, Baroda, and enrolled him at Kiran More International Academy in Baroda, along with his seven-year-old brother, Krunal Pandya.
- Because of budgetary constraints, his family lived on lease in Gorwa. They had a used automobile that they used to get to the cricket stadium.
- Hardik Pandya experienced several challenges during his adolescence. His father experienced three heart attacks, forcing him to resign from his work.
- He left out of school after ninth grade to pursue his cricket career.
- He formerly played as a leg spinner. His side was without one quick bowler in one of the local league matches in Baroda. Former Indian cricketer Kiran More advised him to play as a fast bowler, which he gladly embraced. He astounded everyone with his performance, taking seven wickets in the game. He then changed his bowling style from leg spinner to medium pacer.
- Kiran More greatly aided him by not charging him any fees for the first three years of his academy.
- Hardik informed the Indian Express in one of his interviews that he was pulled from his state-age group teams due to his attitude issues. He also stated that he is an outspoken youngster who does not like to hide his feelings.
- In 2013, he made his T20 debut for Baroda against Mumbai. The Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy match was place at Ahmedabad.
- John Wright recognised enormous promise in Pandya and signed him to the Mumbai Indians (MI) IPL squad in 2015 for a base fee of Rs 10 lakhs.
- He was chosen to play for the Indian cricket team in 2016. In Adelaide, Australia, he played his maiden International T20 match against Australia.
- At the Indian Premier League (IPL) auction in 2018, the Mumbai Indians paid a record Rs 1 Crore for him.
- Hardik Pandya’s favourite tattoo on his body is ‘Time is Money,’ which he has inscribed on his arm.
- He is good friends with Irfan Pathan and Yusuf Pathan.
- Because of his West Indian characteristics and behaviour, he is commonly referred to as “West Indian guy from Baroda.”
- His favourite cricket memory is India’s last over versus Bangladesh in the 2016 ICC World T20, when Bangladesh needed only two runs in three balls.
- His colleagues affectionately refer to him as Rockstar.
- Hardik Pandya enjoys playing against Australia.
- He has been appeared on the covers of magazines such as Maxim India and The Man.
- He used to have feelings for Deepika Padukone.
- Hardik Pandya is a dog enthusiast.
- Hardik announced his engagement to Natasa Stankovic, a Serbian actor and model, via his Instagram account on January 1, 2020.