Emma Raducanu is a professional tennis player from the United Kingdom. She currently holds a career-high WTA singles ranking of world No. 333, which she attained on March 9, 2020. Her current rating is 338 as of June 28th, 2021. She has won three ITF Circuit singles titles. She is presently competing in the 2021 Wimbledon Championships, where she has defeated Vitalia Diatchenko 7-64 6-0, Marketa Vondrousova 6-2 6-4, and Sorana Cirstea 6-3, 7-5 to advance to the fourth round of the Open era.
She was the youngest British woman to reach the third round of Wimbledon since Elena Baltacha in 2002, also as an 18-year-old, as well as the youngest British woman to reach the last 16 in the Open Era, and she guaranteed herself a place in the top 200 in the WTA rankings by moving up more than 150 places from her current ranking of World No 338. Her playing style has been admired by several WTA veterans until now.
Andy Murray’s father-in-law, Nigel Sears, is her current coach. She is also active on Instagram, where she has over 113K followers under the handle @emmaraducanu.
- Being a tennis player from the United Kingdom.
- For reaching the fourth round of the Open era at Wimbledon after defeating Sorana Cirstea.
Emma Raducanu Age and Ethnicity
Emma Raducanu was born on November 13, 2002, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, where she currently resides. She is a British citizen. She was born to a Romanian father and a Chinese mother, giving her a mixed ethnic background. Ian is her father’s name, while Renee is her mother’s. Her family relocated to the United Kingdom when she was just two years old.
Her childhood was spent in her hometown of London. She pays multiple visits a year to her paternal grandma in Bucharest, Romania. She enjoys Romanian cuisine. As of 2021, she is 19 years old. Her Zodiac sign is Scorpio. She grew up with his brother, his sibling. Her religious beliefs are currently unknown.
Emma began playing tennis at the Bromley Tennis Academy when she was five years old. She attended Newstead Wood School in the London Borough of Bromley, a state grammar school. Li Na and Simona Halep are her tennis inspirations. She went to the same school as British sprinter Dina Asher-Smith and will find out her A-level results next month. She continued in school because her parents wanted her to have something to fall back on if tennis did not work out.
|Celebrated Name||Emma Raducanu|
|Age||19 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Emma Raducanu|
|Birth Name||Emma Raducanu|
|Place Of Birth||Ontario|
|School||Newstead Wood School|
|Source of Wealth||Tennis Career|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter Facebook|
Emma Raducanu Tennis Career
- Emma Raducanu made her WTA Tour main draw debut at the Nottingham Open in 2021. She gained entry on a wildcard and made her main draw grand slam debut on a wildcard to the 2021 Wimbledon Championships in June, becoming the youngest British woman to reach the third round of Wimbledon since Elena Baltacha in 2002.
- She competed and won over Vitalia Diatchenko, Markéta Vondrouová, and Sorana Cirstea to reach the fourth round of the 2021 Wimbledon Championships, becoming the youngest British woman to reach the last 16 in the Open Era, and ensuring herself a place in the top 200 in the WTA rankings when she moved up more than 150 places from her current ranking of World No 338.
- She became the fourth British teenager in the Open Era to reach the Round of 16 at Wimbledon, and the youngest at 18 years and 239 days.
- On Monday (5th July 2021), she will meet Ajla Tomljanovic in the fourth round, which will undoubtedly be played on Centre Court.
- The Linz Open was her final WTA Tour event in 2021. She was defeated in three sets by Wang Xinyu in the round of 16.
- She played an exhibition match against Elena-Gabriela Ruse at the Champions Tennis tournament in the Royal Albert Hall after concluding the 2021 WTA Tour at a career-high of world No. 19.
- She was supposed to play Bencic in another exhibition at the Mubadala Championship, but she backed out after testing positive for COVID. Furthermore, she was scheduled to begin the season at the Melbourne Summer Set but withdrew due to a recent case with COVID-19.
- On 10 January 2022, she earned her career-high singles ranking of No. 18 and made her Australian Open debut as the 17th seed.
- She reached a new career-high singles ranking of 12 on February 14, 2022.
- She competed in the Miami Open but was defeated by Katerina Siniakova.
- She was named to the British team for the Billie Jean King Cup qualifications in March, however, she was upset in her second match by Markéta Vondrouová.
- She was seeded tenth in her maiden Italian Open.
- She won her opening round match at the 2022 French Open against first-time Grand Slam qualifier and fellow teenager Linda Nosková.
- Career record: 51-16 (76.1%)
- Career titles: 0
- Highest ranking: No. 333 (9 March 2020)
- Current ranking: No. 338 (28 June 2021)
Grand Slam Singles results
- Wimbledon: 4R (2021)
Emma Raducanu Boyfriend
Emma Raducanu is an unmarried woman who has yet to marry. As of now, she is thought to be single. There are no rumors or stories regarding her relationship, partner, or dating history with anyone. She has published images with her long-time friends, and one of them, Benjamin Heynold, is said to be her current lover.
But they haven’t spoken anything about their relationship. She is also a very private person when it comes to her personal life. She appears to be concentrating on her professional activities at the moment. Her sexual orientation is heterosexual. She currently lives in London, England.
Emma Raducanu Net Worth
Emma Raducanu is a professional tennis player with a net worth projected to be between $5 million and $10 million in 2022. She received $3,182,389 in prize money. She made her ITF Women’s circuit debut in 2018 and won her first title of the year in May at the $15,000 ITF Tiberias. In October, she won her second $15,000 title of the season at the ITF Antalya. She pulled out of the $25K Solapur Open in the second round.
In December 2019, she won a $25K event in Pune, India. She has romped into the final 16 of the Wimbledon Championships in 2021. This week, she earned £181,000, more than six times her prior career earnings. She walked away with the biggest win of her young career and a £115,000 check. Her main source of riches is her tennis career, and she is content with her earnings.
Emma Raducanu Height
Emma Raducanu is a stunning lady with a height of 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in) and a body weight of 61 kg or 134.5 lbs. She has taken good care of her body by exercising frequently.
Her physical type is sporty, and she has a thin figure. Her body measurements are appealing. As of now, she has a healthy body. She is very aware of what she eats. Her eyes are dark brown, and her eyes are also dark brown.
Did You Know?
- Emma is currently ranked 338th as of June 28th, 2021.
- On the ITF Circuit, she won three singles titles.
- Andy Murray’s father-in-law, Nigel Sears, is her current coach.
- She was born to a Romanian father and a Chinese mother from a mixed ethnic background.
- Her family relocated to the United Kingdom when she was just two years old.
- Her childhood was spent in her hometown of London.