Elias Theodorou was a Canadian MMA fighter who competed for the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in the Middleweight division, where he was ranked 13th until his release, and won The Ultimate Fighter Nations: Canada vs. Australia. Along with his fighting career, Theodorou was best known as a proponent of the use of medicinal marijuana in combat sports.
He was also the first professional athlete in North America to be granted a cannabis therapeutic use exemption in January 2020. After starting his career 11-0, he suffered his first professional defeat. He was defeated by Thiago Santos. He defeated Cezar Ferreira in his 13th professional fight.
He has also appeared on other television shows such as The Listener, The Ultimate Fighter Nations, and The Amazing Race Canada. He was also referred to as The Spartan or the Cardio King. Sadly, he died on September 11, 2022, at the age of 34.
Elias Theodorou died at the age of 34.
On September 11, 2022, Elias Theodorou dies at the age of 34 from stage four colon cancer that has spread to his liver. He had been battling the sickness for some time, but it remained a secret matter until his death. His spokeswoman, Jess Moran, said the former UFC fighter died of liver cancer on Sunday in Toronto.
In 2013, he was 8-0-0 when he joined the cast of “The Ultimate Fighter Nations: Canada vs. Australia,” a version of the UFC’s reality TV show featuring teams of aspiring Canadian and Australian MMA fighters. Last December, he defeated Bryan Baker on a Colorado Combat Club card. His professional record was 19 wins and three defeats, including six victories in his last seven appearances.
- Until his release, he was competing for the UFC in the Middleweight category, where he was ranked 13th.
- Known as a Canadian MMA fighter who won The Ultimate Fighter Nations: Canada vs. Australia.
Elias Theodorou Age, Nationality and Ethnicity
Elias Theodorou was born Elias Michael Theodorou on May 31, 1988, in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. He was Canadian and of Greek heritage, hence his ethnicity was Candian-Greek. He recently turned 34 years old. Elias has not made public any information about his parents or siblings.
He was born into a pious Christian family. He went to Meadowvale High School. He attended Humber College to seek a B.A. in Creative Advertising, but after his first year, Theodorou chose to take MMA lessons as a workout before deciding to pursue MMA as a career.
He became the first MMA fighter and professional athlete in history to be granted a sanctioned exemption for medical cannabis (TUE) in sport by a governing body, the British Columbia Athletic Commission, on February 19, 2020.
|Celebrated Name||Elias Theodorou|
|Age||34 Years Old|
|Nick Name||The Spartan or Cardio King|
|Birth Name||Elias Michael Theodorou|
|Place Of Birth||Mississauga, Ontario|
|School||Meadowvale Secondary School|
|College / University||Humber College|
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Fighting Career|
|Salary||Thousand of Dollar|
|Height||6 feet 1 inches or 1.85 m|
|Cause Of Death||Colon Cancer|
|Death Date||11th September 2022|
Elias Theodorou Career, Fights and UFC
The Ultimate Fighter
- In 2013, he appeared in The Ultimate Fighter Nations: Canada vs. Australia, representing Canada at Middleweight.
- In the quarterfinals, he overcame Zein Saliba, and in the semifinals, he defeated Tyler Manawaroa.
- He then traveled to Phuket Province, Thailand, to train with coach Patrick Côté at Tiger Muay Thai.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
- He won the Middleweight competition by TKO over MFC veteran Sheldon Westcott.
- He defeated Bruno Santos at UFC Fight Night 54 on October 4, 2014.
- On March 14, 2015, at UFC 185, he faced Roger Narvaez. He was able to get a TKO stoppage shortly after with a flurry of blows.
- On December 10, 2015, he faced Thiago Santos at UFC Fight Night 80. He was defeated by a unanimous decision.
- On June 18, 2016, at UFC Fight Night 89, he faced Sam Alvey and won by unanimous decision.
- On February 19, 2017, at UFC Fight Night 105, he won a controversial unanimous decision over Cezar Ferreira.
- Later, on July 7, 2017, at The Ultimate Fighter 25 Finale, he was defeated by Brad Tavares.
- He defeated Dan Kelly at UFC Fight Night 121 on November 19, 2017.
- After that, he won a unanimous decision over Trevor Smith at UFC Fight Night 130 on May 27, 2018.
- Jnior was believed to have been replaced by Eryk Anders on October 1, 2018. Theodorou was victorious in a highly contentious split judgment.
- On May 4, 2019, at UFC Fight Night 151, he was defeated by Derek Brunson.
- The UFC announced the release of Theodorou on May 26, 2019.
Career after the UFC
- He fought Hernani Perpetuo at Prospect Fighting Championships 12 on December 6, 2019, after being released by the UFC, and won via TKO in the third round.
- He defeated fellow UFC veteran Matt Dwyer at Rise FC 6 on March 13, 2021.
- On December 18, 2021, he faced Bryan Baker at Colorado Combat Club 10. He was victorious by unanimous decision.
- In terms of his MMA records, he had fought 22 times thus far.
Awards and Achievements
Extreme Cage Combat
- ECC Middleweight Championship (One time)
North American Allied Fight Series
- NAAFS Middleweight Championship (One time)
Ultimate Fighting Championship
- The Ultimate Fighter Nations Middleweight Tournament Winner
Elias Theodorou Net Worth, Salary and Contracts
Elias was an MMA professional who had fought 22 times in his career. As of 2022, Elias Theodorous’ net worth was predicted to be $3 million. He battled 11 times in the lucrative UFC, earning almost $450,000 in fight fees alone. He previously revealed that he receives more money from sponsors than he does from fights.
Theodorou earned $50,000 in his last UFC fight. The pay package comprised $40,000 for appearances and an additional $10,000 for fight week bonuses. As of 2019, Theodorou’s UFC career earnings are anticipated to be over $446,000. After defeating Cezar Ferreira on February 19, 2017, he received $45,000 ($20,000 to show, $20,000 win bonus, $5,000 Reebok sponsorship).
Theodorou won against Sam Alvey at UFC Fight Night: MacDonald vs. Thompson and collected $42,500 ($20,000 to show, $20,000 win bonus, $2,500 Reebok sponsorship). He works as a “ring boy” for Invicta Fighting Championships, an all-female MMA promotion. Before his death, he was earning tens of thousands of dollars. He was living the high life. His home specifics and car collection are still unknown.
Elias Theodorou Girlfriend, Wife and Relationships
Elias Theodorou was an unmarried man throughout his life, although he was in a relationship with his gorgeous lifelong girlfriend, Max Altamuro. Max works for a company in Toronto as a retail manager.
Prior to Elias’s death, the couple was living a happy life. They also competed in The Amazing Race Canada’s third season. Unfortunately, the couple was ousted in the competition’s latter stages. He didn’t have any children. His sexual orientation was heterosexual.
Elias Theodorou Height, Weight, and Body Measurements
Elias Theodorou stood 6 feet 1 inch or 1.85 m tall and weighed 185 pounds or 84 kilograms or 13.2 stone. His greatest reach was 75.5 in (192 cm).
His physique was athletic and muscular. He had blue eyes and long black hair. He took good care of his body by exercising frequently and being mindful of his dietary consumption.
Did You Know?
- Before beginning his fighting career, he used to model, act, and stunt.
- He was well known as a supporter of the use of medicinal marijuana in combat sports.
- He defeated Cezar Ferreira in his 13th professional fight.
- Elias Michael Theodorou is his real name.