DP Manu is an Indian Javelin Thrower. He qualified for the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England, in 2022. It appears that the javelin throw has suddenly become a popular sport in India. Following Neeraj Chopra’s historic gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics, everyone is looking to the javelin as the next big sport to develop in India.
Another child from Karnataka, DP Manu, is not far behind Neeraj’s achievements. He won the gold medal in the National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championships in Chennai by throwing a gigantic personal best of 84.35m. He is now the fourth-best javelin thrower in India.
Manu was always interested in the javelin. He would hone his talents by throwing bamboo sticks. His fascination with the javelin began when his high school teacher encouraged him to attempt it. Manu knew which sport he wanted to pursue after throwing the Javelin for the first time.
Karnataka as a child Manu lacked the necessary resources and a coach to work with. He admitted to learning fundamental throwing tactics from YouTube videos of world record holder Zan Zelezny. But he struck gold when Commonwealth Games bronze medalist Kashinath Naik recognized his talent and took him under his wing. Both of his parents are farmers.
|Birth Place||Hassan, Karnataka|
|Age||22 years old (as of 2022)|
|Category||Men’s Javelin Throw|
- There were many doubters when Manu decided to pursue the Javelin throw because he lacked the body to excel in the sport. Kashinath Naik, his coach, had to persuade Army Sports Institute (ASI) to include him.
- Manu is picky about which events he attends due to a shortage of cash.
- He earned silver in the Inter-State Championship in Lucknow in 2019 with a throw of 76.24m. He went on to win bronze at the Indian Grand Prix 2, Patiala, with a throw of 75.28 meters.
- Everything changed when he saw Neeraj Chopra win gold in the Tokyo Olympics. He saw an increase in the stakes for Indian javelin throwers.
- He realized that in order to achieve anything, he needed to run 80 meters. He accomplished this on March 13th, when he threw 82.43m at the Indian Grand Prix in Thiruvanthapuram.
- He proved his naysayers wrong by winning the Inter-State championships in Chennai with a gigantic personal best of 84.35m.
- Manu is now almost certain to participate against the best at this year’s Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England.
- He will finish second to Neeraj Chopra, but he wants to make his imprint in the competition.
DP Manu Commonwealth Games 2022
Neeraj Chopra will headline India’s hopes for a medal in the men’s Javelin event, although DP Manu, who received his passport in 2021, is also a strong candidate. Manu is determined to excel not just at the Commonwealth Games, but also at the Asian Games later this year.
Manu has now set an 84m training goal for himself. Manu is aiming for a strong showing at the Commonwealth Games with the best wishes of the Indian people.
DP Manu Height
He is blessed with an attractive personality which is enhanced by his black hair and black eyes. His height is 6 feet and 0 inches which is 183 centimeters.
He follows a regular and healthy diet in order to keep himself healthy with a weight of 83 kg or 174 lbs.
Weight: 83 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
DP Manu Net Worth
According to some Internet sources, his estimated net worth is around $1 million approx.
DP Manu Achievements
- Gold medal at the Indian Grand Prix, Thiruvanthapuram in 2022
- Gold Medal at the National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships in 2022