Daryl Dike is an American professional football striker who plays for West Bromwich Albion in the EFL Championship and for the United States national team. He began playing football for the Oklahoma FC young team in 2013 and continued until 2015. During the 2018 season, he appeared four times for OKC Energy U23 in the PDL between high school and college soccer, scoring three goals.
He signed a national letter of intent to play college soccer for the Virginia Cavaliers ahead of the 2018 NCAA Division I men’s soccer season. On September 18, 2018, he made his college soccer debut. Orlando City selected him in the first round (5th overall) of the 2020 MLS SuperDraft on January 9, 2020, after he had already signed a Generation Adidas contract. On July 25, 2020, he made his professional debut for the club.
He joined EFL Championship team Barnsley on loan until the end of the 2020-21 season on 1 February 2021, making 22 appearances and scoring 9 goals in all competitions. On January 1, 2022, he signed a four-and-a-half-year, $9.5 million contract with EFL Championship team West Bromwich Albion.
He has represented the United States at the highest levels of international competition. On January 31, 2021, he made his international team debut for the United States. He was called to training camp for the 2021 CONCACAF Nations League Finals in May 2021, but he did not make the final team. He was a member of the United States team that won the CONCACAF Gold Cup in 2021.
- Being a professional American football player.
- For his work as a striker for West Bromwich Albion of the EFL Championship.
Daryl Dike Age
On June 3, 2000, Daryl Dike was born. His hometown is Edmond, Oklahoma, in the United States. He was born to Vincent and Jacinta, and grew up alongside his elder brother, Bright, a former footballer, as well as sisters Courtney (a former Nigeria international), Kimberly, and Brittny.
He went to Edmond North High School as well as the University of Virginia. He is both an American and a Nigerian citizen. He is of African-American descent. His faith is Christianity. Gemini is his astrological sign.
|Celebrated Name||Daryl Dike|
|Age||22 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Daryl Dike|
|Nationality||American and Nigerian|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Edmond, Oklahoma, United States|
|School||Edmond North High School|
|College / University||University of Virginia|
|Sisters||Courtney, Kimberly and Brittny|
|Height||6 ft. 2 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||$1 Million-$5 Million|
|Current Team||West Bromwich Albion|
Daryl Dike Club Career
- In 2013, he began playing football for the Oklahoma FC youth squad. He was a three-time Oklahoma Offensive Player of the Year, setting an Oklahoma 6A state record with 70 goals and assisting his team to a state championship. In 2018, he was named Oklahoma’s Gatorade Player of the Year.
- During the 2018 season, he appeared four times for OKC Energy U23 in the PDL between high school and college soccer, scoring three goals.
- He signed a national letter of intent to play college soccer for the Virginia Cavaliers ahead of the 2018 NCAA Division I men’s soccer season. On September 18, 2018, he made his college soccer debut in a 2-0 win over FIU.
- In a 2-1 win over Wright State on October 2, 2018, he scored his first collegiate goal. He ended his freshman season with 13 appearances, 5 goals, and an assist, earning him spots on the ACC All-Freshman Team and the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
- During the 2019 season, he made 23 appearances for the club, scoring 10 goals and providing 8 assists across all competitions as he was awarded the NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer Tournament Most Outstanding Player following the match, earning him his first national collegiate accolade. He was also named to the All-ACC Second Team that season.
- Orlando City selected him in the first round (5th overall) of the 2020 MLS SuperDraft on January 9, 2020, after he had already signed a Generation Adidas contract. He made his professional debut for the club on July 25, 2020, in a 1-0 win over the Montreal Impact in the round of 16 of the MLS is Back Tournament.
- In a 3-2 loss to Inter Miami on August 22, 2020, he scored his first professional goal for the club. He was named MLS Player of the Month for August 2020 after scoring three goals and assisting on two others in five games.
- During the 2019-20 season, he appeared in 22 games for the team, scoring 8 goals and providing 3 assists. Furthermore, with the MLS opting to convert the annual Rookie of the Year award to Young Player of the Year in 2020, he was the highest-ranked rookie but finished third in voting behind five-year pro-Diego Rossi and second-year pro-Brendon Aaronson.
- He joined EFL Championship team Barnsley on loan till the end of the 2020-21 season on 1 February 2021, with a reputed $20 million option to buy and a 20% sell-on fee clause.
- On 11 February 2021, he made his debut for the club in a 1-0 FA Cup fifth-round defeat to Premier League side Chelsea. On 14 February 2021, he made his league debut for the club in a 2-0 win over Brentford.
- He scored his first goal for the club in a 2-0 win over Stoke City on February 24, 2021. He was voted Barnsley’s player of the month for March after scoring four goals in six games.
- He also received the club’s goal of the month title on March 6, 2021, for a stunning shot in a 1-0 win over Birmingham City. During his loan stay at Barnsley, he made 22 appearances and scored 9 goals across all competitions.
- After missing the first half of the season to finish his Barnsley loan before joining the US national team, he made his 2021 season debut for Orlando as a second-half substitute in a 3-2 win over Toronto FC on June 19, 2021. During his 2020-21 season, he made 19 appearances for the team, scoring 11 goals and providing 1 assist in all competitions as he was named #2 on the annual MLS 22 Under 22 list, trailing only Ricardo Pepi.
- On January 1, 2022, he signed a four-and-a-half-year, $9.5 million contract with EFL Championship team West Bromwich Albion.
- He has served as a senior representative for the United States.
- He was called up to the United States national team for the first time in November 2020 for a friendly against El Salvador, but he did not play due to an injury sustained in training.
- On 31 January 2021, he made his international team debut for the United States in a 7-0 friendly win against Trinidad & Tobago.
- He was called to training camp for the 2021 CONCACAF Nations League Finals in May 2021, but he did not make the final team.
- He scored his first international goal for the United States in a 4-0 friendly win over Costa Rica at Rio Tinto Stadium on June 9, 2021.
- He was picked to the final 23-player roster for the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup in July 2021.
- He scored his first competitive goals in a 6-1 group stage win over Martinique on July 15, 2021.
- He was a member of the United States team that won the CONCACAF Gold Cup in 2021.
- Won the 2019 ACC Men’s Soccer Tournament with Virginia Cavaliers.
- Won the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup with the United States.
- Won the 2019 NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer Tournament Most Outstanding Player.
Daryl Dike Girlfriend and Dating
In terms of his personal life, he is too young to marry. The football player is concentrating on his professional career. He could be dating a lovely lady right now, or he could be single. Any news about his romantic life will be posted here.
Daryl Dike Height
Daryl Dike stands at 1.88m, or 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He weighs 100 kilograms. He has an athletic physique. His eyes are dark brown, and his hair is black. His sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Daryl Dike Net Worth
Daryl Dike receives money via his professional football career. Contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements provide the majority of his revenue. Orlando City selected him in the first round (5th overall) of the 2020 MLS SuperDraft in January 2020, after he had already signed a Generation Adidas contract.
He signed a four-and-a-half-year, $9.5 million contract with EFL Championship team West Bromwich Albion in January 2022. His net worth is believed to be between $1 million and $5 million as of 2022, and his salary is £124,800. His market worth is estimated to be over €10 million.
Did You Know?
- On July 25, 2020, he made his professional debut.
- Bright Dike, his older brother, was also a first-round MLS SuperDraft pick in 2010 and has represented Nigeria on the national team.
- Courtney, his sister, was capped by Nigeria and appeared in two FIFA Women’s World Cup matches in 2015.
- He is the cousin of Emmanuel Emenike, a Nigerian international striker.
- For West Bromwich Albion, he wears shirt number 19.