Cleotha Abston (born between 1984 and 1985, age 38) is an American criminal, kidnapper, murderer, and rapist. He has a long history of murder, threats, and rape. In 2001, he was sentenced to prison on kidnapping charges for Mr. Kemper Duran (Lawyer).
In November 2020, he was released. And now, in September 2022, he is arrested by police on suspicions of murdering a kindergarten teacher.
Who is Cleotha Abston’s Brother, Mario Abston?
Mario Abston, a well-known felon and lawbreaker in police records, has been arrested by US Marshals. On September 3, 2022, he was arrested by police.
His capture occurred after a group of police officers were summoned from the Tennessee police station in response to a missing complaint filed by a woman named Eliza Fletcher.
Who is Eliza Fletcher? (All about Eliza Fletcher’s kidnapping)
Eliza Fletcher‘s husband filed the missing report on September 2, 2022.
Eliza Fletcher, 34, worked as a kindergarten teacher at St. Mary’s Episcopal School. Richard Fletcher was her husband. She was also well-known as the granddaughter of millionaire industrialist Joseph Orgill III. Joseph died in 2018, he was a Memphis billionaire and hardware tycoon. In 2021, his company made $3.2 billion USD in revenue.
On September 2, 2022, she was kidnapped at about 4 a.m. while walking near the University of Memphis. Her body was discovered on September 5, 2022, 7 miles from where she was taken by Cleotha Abston.
How did the police come to know that Cleotha Abston has killed Eliza Fletcher?
When authorities began their inquiry, they discovered that Cleotha Abston’s DNA matched the sample recovered beside the pair of Eliza Fletcher Sandals. Police retrieved Eliza’s sandal during her investigation. Police retrieved these sandals at the location where Eliza was last seen by the witness and from CCTV cameras.
Cleotha was arrested as well after police discovered that the SUV car used in the kidnapping belonged to a resident of the neighborhood where Abston lived. Police noticed the SUV automobile in CCTV footage. One eyewitness said he had previously observed Abston scrubbing the inside of the automobile.
Cleotha Abston Wiki, Biography, Age, Education & Early Life
According to Cleotha Abston’s biographical information, he is a 38-year-old felon. According to reports, he was born in Memphis, Tennessee. Cleotha’s early life was spent involved in criminal activity. He began to conduct criminal crimes as a teenage boy, during his teens. He even dropped out of school in 9th grade and never returned to finish his studies. There is no proof that he ever attended high school. Throughout his childhood, he was known as ‘Pookie.’
He had previously faced criminal and rape charges in Children’s Court when he was 14 years old. Authorities verified to news outlets that he attempted to rape a female when he was 14 years old.
He kidnapped a Memphis lawyer named Kemper Duran at gunpoint when he was 16 years old. He shoved the lawyer into the trunk of the car and forced him to withdraw money from a nearby ATM. Later, he was found guilty by the court in Kemper Duran’s kidnapping case. He was later sentenced to 24 years in prison.
From 1995 until 2001, he continued to appear in Child Court in various criminal instances. But, because of his age, he was never penalized, and the court gave him time to learn life lessons and adjust his behavior. However, when he attained adulthood in 2001, he was sentenced to prison.
|Birth Name||Cleotha Abston Henderson|
|Date of Birth||b/w 1984|
|Age (as of 2022)||38 years|
|Net worth||Not Known|
|Place of Birth||Memphis|
|Zodiac Sign||Not Known|
|Popular for||Killing Kindergarten school teacher on 2nd September 2022|
|School||Dropped School in 9th Grade|
|Education||Dropped School in 9th Grade|
Cleotha Abston Parents, Siblings (Nationality & Ethnicity)
After kidnapping and murdering Eliza Fletcher, Cleotha Abston was hidden in his brother Mario Abston’s home. His brother has also been detained and is being jailed in the Shelby County Jail in Memphis on unrelated charges.
Mario stated in his statement that he will not know what his brother has done and that he was also wondering why his brother was acting strangely toward him. When police arrived at Mario Abston’s house, they saw Cleotha washing his clothing in the kitchen sink.
Cleotha Abston Family
Cleotha Abston Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Shoe Size||10 US (5 UK)|
|Distinctive Features||Perfect Jawline|
|Height (approx.)||In Feet Inches: 5′ 11″
In Meters: 1.83 m
In Centimetres: 183 cm
|Weight (approx.)||In Kilograms: 92 kg
In Pounds: 205 lbs.
Cleotha Abston Wife, Girlfriend & Relationships
Cleotha Abston spent 20 years of his life in prison after being arrested when he was 18 years old. He had previously raped women prior to his enticement to prison.
He appears to be a straight man who is unable to control his sex emotions. He never married or had a girlfriend after spending his 20 years in prison.
Cleotha Abston Children, Marriage & Personal Life
|Wife’s name||Not Known|
|Girlfriend’s Name||Not Known|
Crimines, Charges, Bond & Legal Hearings
- Cleotha Abston began working as a car cleaner in a nearby automobile cleaning firm after being released from jail. His boss verified to the police that Cleotha works for him after his arrest.
- The employer also revealed that he drove the SUV car used in the kidnapping, which was later seen by CCTV cameras.
- Cleotha will now spend the rest of his life in prison.
- On September 7, 2022, he will face charges of identity theft, kidnapping, murder, theft of goods, and fraudulent use of a credit card in front of a judge.
- Cleotha is also charged with first-degree murder and first-degree murder in the commission of a kidnapping.
- Cleotha refused to cooperate with the investigation team after his detention.
- According to CCTV footage acquired by Memphis police, Eliza Flecther was targeted by a man in an SUV.
- This man waited for her several times, and when she got close, he forced her into his car and drove away from the kidnapping location.
- Celotha Abston was identified as the driver of the SUV after a thorough examination. Cleotha has been identified as the suspect by police.
- According to Cleotha’s arrest statement, he and Eliza Fletcher had no prior acquaintance, despite the fact that Cleotha murdered her.
Cleotha Abston Facts You Should Know
- Abston requested a public defender after his detention for his court hearing on September 7, 2022.
- When authorities arrived at Cleotha’s brother’s residence, he attempted to run.
- Cleotha is being kept in police custody on a $510,000 USD bond.
- Mario, Cleotha’s brother, is charged with drug and firearm possession.
- On the 5th of September 2022, the body of Eliza Fletcher, who had been murdered by Cleotha, was discovered behind a vacant duplex unit in South Memphis.
- Eliza Fletcher was a single mother of two children.
- Eliza’s former workplace, St Mary’s Episcopal School, has paid tribute to her on its own Facebook page.