Charlotte Church is a Cardiff-born Welsh singer-songwriter, actress, television presenter, and political activist. Her albums have sold more than 10 million copies worldwide. She rose to prominence as a classical singer as a child before stepping into pop music in 2005. She hosted The Charlotte Church Show, a Channel 4 talk show.
On October 17, 2010, she released her first album in five years, Back to Scratch. She has gotten involved in political activism in recent years, including support for the Labour Party across the UK and Plaid Cymru in Senedd elections in Wales. She also supports Welsh independence. She is the creator of The Awen Project, a school in Cardiff, Wales. She is known as The Voice of an Angel and Opera Star.
- Charlotte Church is an actress, singer-songwriter, television host, and political activist.
- Her first album, “Voice of an Angel,” was published in 1999 and became an instant hit, making her the youngest artist to have a No. 1 album on the British classical crossover charts.
Charlotte Church Age, Nationality & Parents
Charlotte Church was born on February 21, 1986, with the real name of Charlotte Maria Reed to her father Stephen Reed, and her mother Maria Reed. She is from the Cardiff suburb of Llandaff. Her nationality is Welsh, and her ethnicity is Welsh-White. Her parents split when she was a child, and she was eventually adopted by her mother’s second husband, James Church. She has four siblings: two younger biological half-brothers, Luke and Alexander, and two older adopted half-siblings, Elisha and Andrew, from her adoptive father’s previous marriage.
Her enthusiasm for singing was increased when she began singing publicly at the age of three and a half years at a family vacation camp. She attended The Cathedral School in Llandaff before winning a voice scholarship to Howell’s School in Llandaff in 1998. She used tutors to assist her to balance her schoolwork and singing career. As of 2022, she is 36 years old. She dropped out of school when she was sixteen.
|Celebrated Name||Charlotte Church|
|Age||36 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Charlotte Maria Reed|
|Place Of Birth||Llandaff, Cardiff|
|Father||Stephen Reed (biological), James Church (adopted father)|
|Siblings||Luke, Alexander, Elisha, and Andrew (half-siblings)|
|School||The Cathedral School|
|Awards||Classic BRIT Award and more|
|Children||Frida Simone, Dexter, and Ruby|
|Net Worth||$8 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Music Industry|
|Salary||Around $1 Million|
|Height||5 ft 5 in or 165 cm|
|Weight||58 Kg or 128 lbs|
Charlotte Church Songs, Albums & Singing Career
- Her big break came when she was 11 years old and sang Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Pie Jesu” over the phone on the television show This Morning in 1997, followed by a performance on ITV’s Big, Big Talent Show the following year.
- When she was only 12, she released her first CD, “Voice of an Angel,” in 1998.
- Her self-titled second album, “Charlotte Church,” was released in 1999. It was followed in 2000 by “Dream a Dream” and 2001 by “Enchantment.”
- In October 2000, at the age of 14, she published her autobiography, Voice of an Angel (My Life So Far).
- In 2001, she made her cinematic debut as a cameo in Ron Howard’s “A Beautiful Mind.” She starred in the 2003 film “I’ll be there.”
- “Tissues & Issues,” her first pop album, was released in 2005.
- In 2006, she had her own entertainment television show, “The Charlotte Church Show.”
- In late 2007, she published her second autobiography, Keep Smiling.
- Her album “Back to Scratch” was released in 2010 after a five-year hiatus.
- Church debuted three new songs on BBC Radio with Bethan Elfyn on May 26, 2012: “The Rise,” “How Not to Be Surprised When You’re a Ghost,” and “Say It’s True.”
- On September 4, 2012, she released her first EP, “ONE.”
- Church published the lead single off her second EP, “Glitterbombed,” on The Line of Best Fit, an online music magazine, on December 19, 2012.
- On March 4, 2013, her second EP Two was released.
- On July 15, 2013, she released “I Can Dream,” the lead track off her third EP, via Soundcloud.
- THREE, her third EP, was released on August 19, 2013.
- On March 10, 2014, her fourth EP, Four, was released.
- On March 15, 2014, she uploaded a music video to YouTube for the EP’s lead single, “Little Movements.”
- Church was featured in the BBC One program “Charlotte Church: Inside My Brain” in 2018.
- Church contributed multiple opinion pieces to The Guardian in 2019.
- Church came in second place in the third season of The Masked Singer in 2022 as “Mushroom.”
- She makes a brief appearance in the TV series Welcome to Wrexham episode 7 in 2022, during a mock interview with Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney, followed by her performing the Wrexham team song and the Welsh National Anthem.
Charlotte Church Achievements and Awards
- In 2000, he received the Classic BRIT Award for ‘British Artist of the Year.’
- In 2000, she received the Hollywood Reporters Young Star Award for Best Young Recording Artist Or Musical Group.
- In 2000, he was named Millennium Communicator of the Year by the Institute of Public Relations in Wales.
- In 2002, he was named Rear of the Year.
- In 2005, he won the GQ Awards.
- In 2006, he won the Loaded Magazine LAFTA Awards.
- In 2006, she won a Glamour Award for Editors’ Choice.
- Won the Glamour Awards for Solo Artist of the Year in 2006.
- In 2006, she was named Best Female Newcomer at the British Comedy Awards.
- In 2007, she won the Glamour Award for Readers’ Favorite TV Personality.
Charlotte Church Boyfriend, Husband & Kids
Charlotte Church was in a four-year relationship with rugby player Gavin Henson before they split up in 2010. He and Charlotte Church have two children together. Ruby, their daughter, was born in September 2007, and Dexter, their son, was born in January 2009.
The press focused heavily on Church’s relationships with her first boyfriend, model, and musician Steve Johnson, in 2002; her second boyfriend, Kyle Johnson (no related), who was later incarcerated for heroin possession; and her third boyfriend, Gavin Henson, whom she began dating in 2005. The couple had mentioned their desire to marry on various talk shows and in the press. They were engaged in April 2010, but Henson and Church divorced in June 2010, just six weeks after Henson proposed to Church in Cornwall with a two-carat heart-shaped diamond ring.
Church began dating musician Jonathan Powell later in 2010. She miscarried in June of this year. Church and Powell discreetly married at a registered office in Cardiff on 4 October 2017, before blessing their marriage with an intimate ceremony in front of family and friends under a tree at their Dinas Powys home.
In August 2020, Church and Powell welcomed their first child, a daughter named Frida Simone. She had intended to give birth beneath a tree in their garden. However, when the weather changed, they were forced to retreat within. Church stated,
“I worked under there overnight, which was lovely, but then she screamed on the bathroom floor. ‘Sit down, stupid lady,’ said Mother Nature… I live near to a golf course, and I could hear the golfers clearly. ‘This isn’t going to work,’ I thought as my noise increased.”
Charlotte Church Net Worth, Salary & Income
Charlotte Church is a Welsh singer-songwriter, actress, television host, and political activist with an estimated net worth of $8 million in 2022. She was believed to be valued at up to £11 million in 2010 (but one 2003 report put her worth at £25 million). Her main source of money is the music industry, where she earns millions of dollars per year.
She has starred in television ads for Target, Sonicnet.com, Ford, Virgin Holidays, and Walkers Sensations Crisps “Irresistible.” Church reportedly paid £500,000 for a home in her hometown of Cardiff, which she later sold for £900,000. The couple (Charlotte and Gavin Henson) then purchased a manor with a 20-acre (8-hectare) modest estate near St Brides Major, Vale of Glamorgan.
Charlotte Church Height, Weight, & Body Measurements
Charlotte Church stands at a height of 5 feet 5 inches (165 cm) tall. Her body weight is 58 kg (or 128 lbs). Her physique is slender. Her hair is blonde, and her eyes are green. She has a lovely smile and a glowing face. She has a healthy body overall.
Did You Know?
- In 2007, she was designated Patron of the Topsy Foundation UK, a British philanthropic organization that aims to raise HIV awareness in rural South Africa.
- Her first album, Voice of an Angel (1998), debuted at No. 1 in the British classical crossover charts, making her the youngest artist to do so.
- In 2015, she sang the song This Bitter Earth as part of a month-long protest against the oil corporation Shell’s proposed Arctic Sea petroleum exploitation.
- In 2018, she appeared in the BBC documentary Charlotte Church: Inside My Brain, in which she explored mental health challenges and research being conducted in the sector.
- Charlotte has written two autobiographies. The first, titled Voice of an Angel (My Life So Far), was released when she was 14 years old in 2000. Keep Smiling, her second autobiography was published in 2007.