Cathleen Collins, better known as Bo Derek, is an American actress, film producer, and model best known for her appearance in the sex comedy film “10.” (1979). She is well-known for being one of the most popular sex icons of the 1970s and 1980s. In 1977, she made her cinematic debut as Annie in “Orca.”
She is also recognized for her roles in films directed by her late husband, John Derek, such as “Tarzan, the Ape Man” (1981), “Bolero” (1984), and “Fantasies” (1981). Bo has been in a number of television shows, including “The Drew Carey Show,” “Queen of Swords,” “Lucky,” and “Standing.” She also produced and appeared in the romantic comedy “Ghosts Can’t Do It” (1989).
Derek is particularly recognized for her connection with her only husband, the late-John Derek, who was 30 years her senior and died in 1988, leaving Bo a widow. She is currently in a partnership with actor John Corbett, with whom she has been happily married for almost 18 years, albeit they have no children together. She is also very active on social media, with roughly 31k followers on Instagram: @reallyboderek.
- She is well-known as an American actress and for her appearance in the sex comedy film “10.”
Bo Derek was born in Long Beach, California, on November 20, 1956. Her nationality is American. Mary Cathleen Collins is her given name. Her ethnicity is White, and her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
She is the oldest of four children born to Paul Collins (father) and Norma Collins (mother). Her father was a Hobie Cat executive, while her mother was a make-up artist and Ann-hairdresser. Her parents split afterward, and her mother married American stuntman, Bobby Bass.
She grew up in Harbor City, California. She graduated from Nerbonne High School. She afterward attended the George S. Patton Continuation School. She skipped lessons and hitchhiked to the beach while still in school. She dropped out of school when she was 16 to pursue a career in acting.
During the production of her first picture, she began dating director John Dereck, who was 30 years her senior. She began a sexual relationship with him. After John divorced his wife, Linda Evans, she relocated to Germany with him. When Bo became 19, the pair married and moved back to the United States.
|Celebrated Name||Bo Derek|
|Age||65 Years old.|
|Nick Name||Bo Derek|
|Birth Name||Mary Cathleen Collins|
|Place Of Birth||Long Beach, California|
|Famous For||Being a successful film and television actress, film producer, and model|
|Best Known For||For her role as Jenny Hanley in the sex comedy “10” (1979)|
|Sisters||2; Kerry Perez|
|High School||Narbonne High School and George S. Patton Continuation School|
|Awards||Golden Raspberry Award|
|Husband||John Derek (Died)|
|Net Worth||$50 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Acting Career|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
Bo Derek Career
- Bo Derek made her professional acting debut in 1977 with the American thriller “Orca,” directed by Michael Anderson.
- In 1979, she starred in Blake Edwards’ romantic comedy film “10,” which introduced her as a sex symbol. This film was a huge hit, earning her more jobs in the future.
- She was featured in Playboy Magazine in 1980 after being introduced as a sex icon. She was featured in the magazine again in 1981, 1984, and 1994.
- In 1981, she played Anastasia in the film “Fantasies,” directed by her late husband, John Derek. Critics gave it unfavorable feedback.
- She starred as Jane Parker in her late husband’s “Tarzan, the Ape Man” in 1981, which was a tremendous box office hit but earned terrible critical reviews.
- In 1984, she earned unfavorable reviews for her next starring role in “Bolero,” directed by John.
- Following a five-year hiatus, Bo returned to the screen in 1989, with a major part in “Ghosts Can’t Do It,” directed by her husband. It was John’s final film, and it was produced by Bo. However, this picture did not receive favorable reviews from critics.
- She then acted in a number of films, including “Woman of Desire” (1993), “Tommy Boy” (1995), “Frozen with Fear” (2001), and “Master of Disguise” (2002).
- In 2017, she played Mandy Singh Dhaliwal in the American-Indian film “5 Weddings,” opposite Indian actor Raj Kumar Rao and actress Nargis Fakhri.
- In 1999, she was featured on ‘The Drew Carey Show.’ It was followed by guest appearances on numerous television episodes such as ‘Family Law,’ ‘Queen of Swords,’ ‘Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place,’ ‘Lucky,’ ‘Still Standing,’ ‘7th Heaven,’ ‘Fashion House,’ ‘Chuck,’ and many more.
- In 2002, Bo released her autobiography, “Riding Lessons: Everything That Matters in Life I Learned from Horses.”
- She also appeared in television films such as “Sharkando 3: Oh Hell No!” in 2015 and “The Last Sharkando: It’s About Time” in 2018.
- Bo Derek appears as a guest on the Discovery Channel’s Shark Week on August 13, 2020.
- Achievement and Awards
- In 1980, Bo Derek was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year in a Motion Picture- Female for her role in the film “10.”
- She has received two Golden Raspberry Awards for Worst Actress for her roles in “Tarzan, the Ape Man” and “Tommy Boy.”
- She has also been nominated five times for the Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress.
- In 2002, she was nominated for Worst Supporting Actress for her performance in Master of Disguise.
|1977||Orca||Annie||a.k.a. Orca: The Killer Whale (for some releases).|
|1979||10||Jenny Hanley||Nominated – Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year – Actress|
|1980||A Change of Seasons||Lindsey Rutledge|
|1981||Fantasies||Anastasia||Billed as: Kathleen Collins. Filmed in 1973, it was her earliest-shot film|
|1981||Tarzan, the Ape Man||Jane Parker||Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress|
|1984||Bolero||Ayre “Mac” MacGillivery|
|1990||Ghosts Can’t Do It||Katie O’Dare Scott|
|1992||Sognando la California||Herself|
|1993||Woman of Desire||Christina Ford|
|1995||Tommy Boy||Beverly Barish-Burns Callahan||Nominated – Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress|
|2001||Frozen with Fear||Katherine Sullivan|
|2001||Horror 101||Miss Allison James|
|2002||The Master of Disguise||Herself||Cameo appearance
Nominated – Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress
|2003||Malibu’s Most Wanted||Bess Gluckman|
|2017||5 Weddings||Mandy Singh Dhaliwal|
|2018||Christmas in the Heartland||Elsa Gentry|
|1992||Hot Chocolate||B.J. Cassidy||Television movie|
|1994||Shattered Image||Helen Allgood||Television movie|
|1998||Wind on Water||Ciel Connolly||3 episodes|
|1999||The Drew Carey Show||Herself||1 episode|
|2000||Family Law||Camille Weller||1 episode|
|2000||Queen of Swords||Mary Rose||1 episode “The Witness”|
|2000||Murder at the Cannes Film Festival||Thada Pryce||Television movie|
|2001||Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place||Susan Bergen||3 episodes|
|2005||Still Standing||Mrs. Rose Grundy||1 episode|
|2003-2005||7th Heaven||Mrs. Kinkirk||3 episodes|
|2005||Crusader||Nicola Markham||Television movie|
|2006||Fashion House||Maria Gianni||40 episodes|
|2011||The Hunt for the I-5 Killer||Seaver||Television movie|
|2012||Chuck||Herself||Season 5, Episode 10 “Chuck Versus Bo”|
|2012||CSI: Miami||Joanna Toring||Season 10, Episode 14|
|2015||Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!||May Wexler||Television movie|
|2018||The Last Sharknado: It’s About Time||May Wexler||Television movie|
|2020||JL Family Ranch 2: The Wedding Gift||Claudia||Hallmark Movies & Mysteries original movie|
|Ghosts Can’t Do It||Romantic Comedy||1989||Producer, Actor|
Who is the husband of Bo Derek?
Bo Derek has only been married once in her life. Derek married John Derek for the first and only time. John was an American actor and director best remembered for his roles in “Knock on Any Door,” “All the King’s Men,” and “Rogues of Sherwood Forest” (all 1949).
At the age of 16, Bo began dating John, who was 30 years her senior, although John was still married to his third wife, actress Linda Evans.
They both went to Mykonos, Greece, to make the film “And Once Upon a Time” (unreleased until 1981, under the title Fantasies). Derek and Collins developed an affair while filming, after which Evans moved to the United States and filed for divorce in 1974. They stayed in Germany, however, to escape difficulties and prosecution for dating a child until Cathleen turned 18 the next year.
After her 18th birthday, the pair went to the United States and married on June 10, 1976. Cathleen later changed her name to Bo Derek, and the pair were married for 22 years until John died of heart failure on May 22, 1998. Despite her 22-year marriage to John Derek, she and her husband never produced children. She has been in a relationship with actor John Corbett since 2002, four years after John’s death, and they currently live on a ranch near Santa Barbara, California. They’ve been together for nearly 18 years, but there’s a high chance they’ll never go down the separate. They married in December 2020.
She is also a passionate horse lover and rider, and she owns a champion pure Portuguese mare named Gaiata. She also serves as a national honorary chairwoman for the Department of Veterans Affairs National Rehabilitation Special Events.
What is Bo Derek net worth?
Bo Derek enjoys a decent income from her work as an actress and a producer. Dereck began her career in 1977 and has amassed a sizable wealth from her various films and television series. As of 2020, her net worth is expected to be $50 million. Her net worth comprises all of her property as well as her current earnings.
Bo Derek Height
Bo Derek is a wonderful lady who looks stunning even in her 60s. Bo Derek has won many hearts worldwide with her outstanding performance and beautiful personality. She is 5ft. 3in. (1.60m) tall and weighs approximately 57kg (126 lbs).
She has a thin figure with measurements of 36-24-34 inches, a dress size of 4 (US), and a shoe size of 6 (US). She has pale skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes.