Billy Gilmour is a professional footballer from Scotland. His position on the field is that of a central midfielder. He is now on the books of Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion as well as the Scotland national squad. At the age of 15, he spent three months with Celtic before going to Rangers, where he progressed in the club’s academy and trained with the first-team squad.
After turning down a professional deal with Rangers, he joined Chelsea in 2017. Gilmour will join fellow Premier League team Norwich City on a season-long loan in July 2021. Gilmour signed a four-year contract with fellow Premier League team Brighton & Hove Albion on September 1, 2022. He previously played for Scotland at the under-16, under-17, and under-21 levels.
Recently, on 1 August 2022, Billy Gilmour completed a £9m deal from Chelsea to transfer to Brighton on Deadline Day.
- Being a professional footballer in Scotland.
- Playing for Brighton & Hove Albion in the Premier League and the Scotland national team.
Billy Gilmour Age and Nationality
Billy Gilmour was born on June 11, 2001, in Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland, at Ayrshire Central Hospital, and grew up in Ardrossan, North Ayrshire. His age is 21 years as of 2022. Billy Clifford Gilmour is his birth name. He had his 21st birthday in 2022. His father was a Royal Navy officer who also played junior football for Ardrossan Winton Rovers.
Gilmour went to Stanley Primary School in Ardrossan and Grange Academy in Kilmarnock, where he participated in the Scottish Football Association’s (SFA) Performance School program. His football role models include Cesc Fàbregas, Luka Modri, and Andrés Iniesta. He was born into a pious Christian family. His nationality is Scottish, and his racial heritage is Scottish-White.
|Celebrated Name||Billy Gilmour|
|Age||21 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Billy Gilmour|
|Birth Name||Billy Clifford Gilmour|
|Place Of Birth||Irvine|
|School||Stanley Primary School|
|Net Worth||€4.5 Million (£4 Million)|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Current Club||Brighton & Hove Albion|
Billy Gilmour Career
- Initially, he spent three months with Celtic when he was young.
- He then joined the Rangers.
- At the age of 15, he made his debut for the under-20 development team in December 2016.
- Rangers announced in May 2017 that Gilmour had agreed to join Chelsea for a “significant amount.”
- According to reports, Chelsea would pay an initial development fee of roughly £500,000, with potential additional payments contingent on his growth.
- Following his 16th birthday, he signed an official contract with Chelsea in July 2017.
- In September 2017, he joined the club’s under-18 squad and scored his first goal in an Under-18 Premier League match against Arsenal.
- Gilmour signed his first professional deal with Chelsea in July 2018, at the age of 17.
- Chelsea manager Frank Lampard awarded Gilmour his senior debut against Bohemians in Dublin on July 10, 2019.
- His first competitive matchday debut for the first team came in the 2019 UEFA Super Cup against Liverpool.
- On August 31, he made his Premier League debut against Sheffield United.
- In February 2020, he was named to Chelsea’s first-team squad on a permanent basis.
- During the 2019-20 season, he made 11 appearances for Chelsea’s first team.
- In September 2020, he was assigned the squad number 23 for the 2020-21 season.
- He will join fellow Premier League team Norwich City on a season-long loan in July 2021.
- He appeared 28 times for Norwich during the 2021-22 Premier League season, but the side finished last and was relegated.
- Chelsea exercised an option to extend Gilmour’s contract to the conclusion of the 2023-24 season in June 2022.
- On 1 September 2022, he signed a four-year contract with fellow Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion.
- Billy Gilmour represented Scotland’s under-16 team in the 2016 Victory Shield event.
- He made his Scotland under-17 debut against Italy in August 2017 and scored his maiden international goal two days later in a 2-1 loss to England.
- Furthermore, he made his Under-21 debut against France at the 2018 Toulon Tournament, where he won the Revelation of the Tournament title after helping Scotland finish fourth.
- Steve Clarke selected him for Scotland’s UEFA Euro 2020 squad.
- On June 2, 2021, he made his full international debut against the Netherlands.
- He then tested positive for COVID-19, which meant he couldn’t play in Scotland’s last group game against Croatia.
- In September, he was retained in the team for Scotland’s remaining 2022 World Cup qualifiers, starting all five games against Denmark, Moldova, Austria, Israel, and the Faroe Islands.
Honors, Awards, and Achievements
- U18 Premier League: 2017–18
- FA Youth Cup: 2017–18
- UEFA Champions League: 2020–21
- FA Cup runner-up: 2020–21
- Chelsea Academy Player of the Year: 2019–20
Who is the girlfriend of Billy Gilmour?
Billy Gilmour is presently single and not involved with anyone. He is enjoying his life without interruptions. He is currently more concerned with his profession than with being in a romantic relationship. He is not gay and has a straight sexual orientation.
Billy Gilmour Net Worth
Billy Gilmour is a wealthy footballer, with an estimated net worth of €4.5 million (£4 million) in 2022. Gilmour will make a base salary of £2,250,000 in 2022, with a cap hit of £2,250,000. His main source of income is his football profession. He is currently living a stylish lifestyle.
He was formerly under contract with Chelsea F.C. for four years and nine million pounds, with an annual average wage of £2,250,000. In each of the previous two seasons, 2019-20 and 2020-21, he earned £2,250,000. He has an endorsement deal with Adidas and is frequently seen promoting the brand on social media. As of June 2022, his current market value is €12 million.
Billy Gilmour Height
Billy Gilmour is a striking footballer with an athletic physique. He has a height of 1.70 meters. His body weight is 60 kilograms.
Overall, he has a healthy body and a charming personality that draws a lot of people to him. His hair is light brown, and his eyes are brown.
Did You Know?
- He is a footballer from Scotland.
- His position on the field is a central midfielder.
- He spent three months as a child with Celtic.
- He was born in Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland, at Ayrshire Central Hospital.