Barbara Bach is an American actress and model best known for her roles as Anya Amasova in the 1997 James Bond film “The Spy Who Loved Me” and Maritza Petrovi in 1978’s “Force 10 from Navarone.” She began professionally modeling by appearing in catalogs and fashion publications. She also featured in Seventeen (1965 and 1966), Vogue USA (July 1966), ELLE France (1966), Gioia Italy (1967-1970), and Figurino Brazil (1970).
Her acting career began in Italy in 1968, when she portrayed Nausicaa in L’Odissea, an eight-hour-long television rendition of Homer’s epic poem The Odyssey directed by Franco Rossi and produced by Dino de Laurentiis.
- Being a model and actress.
- Anya Amasova in “The Spy Who Loved Me” for her role as Bond girl.
Barbara Bach, also known as Barbara Goldbach, was born on August 27, 1947, in Queens, New York City, USA. In 1965, she changed her surname from Goldbach to Bach. She is of mixed heritage and holds American citizenship. As of 2021, she will be 74 years old. Her zodiac sign is Virgo, and she practices Judaism. Howard Irwin Goldbach (1922-2001), a police officer of European Jewish ancestry, and Marjorie Mary Goldbach (née McKnight) (1921-1997), an Irish homemaker, were her parents.
Her father came from a Jewish household, while her mother was Irish Catholic. She has a younger sister and two brothers, one a year older and one a year younger than her. She completed her studies at the all-girl Dominican Commercial High School in Jamaica, Queens.
|Celebrated Name||Barbara Bach|
|Birth Name||Barbara Goldbach|
|Place Of Birth||Queens, New York City|
|Father||Howard Irwin Goldbach|
|Mother||Marjorie Mary Goldbach|
|High School||Dominican Commercial High School|
|Married Date||27th April 1981|
|Net Worth||$20 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Height||5 ft. 7 in.|
|Body Measurement||36-24-36 inches|
Barbara Bach Career
- Bach began her modeling career by appearing in catalogs and fashion publications. She then signed with the Eileen Ford Agency in New York, where she appeared in catalogs and on the covers of several international fashion magazines, including Seventeen (1965 and 1966), Vogue USA (July 1966), photographed by Richard Avedon, ELLE France (1966), Gioia Italy (1967-1970), and Figurino Brazil (1970).
- Later, she began her acting career in Italy, where she starred in “L’Odissea,” an eight-hour-long TV rendition of Homer’s epic poem The Odyssey, in 1968.
- Following that, she participated in additional Italian films and co-starred in the mystery Black Belly of the Tarantula (a Giallo film) in 1972.
- In 1977, she played Russian spy Anya Amasova in the James Bond film “The Spy Who Loved Me.” She then starred in the film “Force 10 from Navarone.” She has appeared in 28 films.
- She appeared in a Playboy photo in January 1981, and she later appeared in a Bond girls special edition in September 1987.
- She appeared as a cameo in “To the North of Katmandu” (1986).
Barbara Bach Husband
Barbara Bach has a husband. On April 27, 1981, she married her attractive husband, Ringo Starr. They initially met on the set of the movie “Caveman.” The pair follows a vegetarian diet. Her sexual orientation is heterosexual. Bach and Ringo Starr founded The Lotus Foundation, a charitable organization with several sub-charities.
Bach previously married an Italian businessman, Augusto Gregorini, in 1966. In 1966, they met on a journey to Rome. They traveled to Italy after their marriage. On August 7, 1968, they received their lovely daughter, Francesca Gregorini (singer-songwriter), and a son, Gianni, in 1972. Unfortunately, the couple divorced in 1975, and she returned to the United States with her children.
Barbara Bach Net Worth
Barbara Bach is a prominent actress and model with a net worth of $20 million as of 2022. She amassed her riches through acting in several TV series and films. She hasn’t said anything about his pay. Her major source of riches is the entertainment sector, and she lives a lavish lifestyle.
Barbara Bach Height
Barbara Bach is a stunning actress and model with a height of 5 ft. 7 in. Her body weight is 57 kg. Her hair is dark and her eyes are blue. Her physical measurements are 36-24-36. She has a thin body type and a healthy physique.
Bach has previously suffered from alcoholism and severe drug usage.
Did You Know?
- She speaks Italian fluently and has a working understanding of French and Spanish.
- Bach co-founded the Self Help Addiction Recovery Program (SHARP) in 1991 with Pattie Boyd, the ex-wife of George Harrison and Eric Clapton, all of whom lent their support.
- She made her acting debut in 1968 with the film “L’Odissea.”
- Her zodiac sign is Virgo.