Who is Baby Rani Maurya?
Baby Rani Maurya is a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) politician from India (BJP). She was the previous governor of Uttarakhand, and she resigned two years before her term was out on September 8, 2021. She is well-known for becoming Agra’s first female mayor.
Personal Life/Early Life
Rani Maurya was born in Agra, Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday, August 15, 1956 (age 65 as of 2021). Her astrological sign is Leo. Ram Singh, who worked for the Agra Municipal Corporation, is Rani Maurya’s father, and Kusum Devi is her mother. She received her B.Ed. and M.A. degrees from Agra. In the early 1990s, after finishing her schooling, she chose to enter politics. She relocated to Dehradun after being appointed governor of Uttarakhand.
Baby Rani married Pradeep Kumar Maurya, a branch manager of the Punjab National Bank at the time. He retired as a director from the bank and currently serves on the bank’s advisory board.
|Name||Baby Rani Maurya|
|Birth Date||15 August 1956 (Wednesday)|
|Age (As of 2022)||66 years old|
|Birth Place||Agra, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hobbies||Reading and Travelling|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party
|Famous For||the first woman mayor of Agra
from 1995 to 2000
|Height(Approx)||In feet & inches: 5’ 2”
In centimters: 158 cm
|Weight(Approx)||In kilograms: 60 kg
In pounds: 132 lbs
Family Background, Education
|Father Name||Ram Singh (Party councillor,
Agra Municipal Corporation)
|Mother Name||Kusum Devi|
Boyfriend, Husband, Marriage
|Husband/Spouse||Pradeep Kumar Maurya
Favorite Things & Assets
|Favorite Actor||Not Known|
|Favorite TV Show||Not Known|
|Favorite Book(s)||Not Known|
|Favorite Comic Character||Not Known|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
Social Media Accounts
|Baby Rani Maurya|
|Baby Rani Maurya|
Baby Rani Maurya joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) as a general worker from Agra in the early 1990s. In 1995, the BJP was seeking for a family-oriented woman to run for the Agra mayoral seat. Baby Rani was the ideal candidate for the job, and she easily won the election. Baby Rani Maurya was elected mayor of Agra for the following five years in 1995.
She was chosen treasurer of the BJP’s scheduled caste (SC) branch in 1997 since she belonged to the Dalit community, and her purpose was to increase the party’s reach to the scheduled caste groups in Uttar Pradesh. Ram Nath Kovind commanded the wing. Baby Rani has spent a long time working in the field of human welfare, particularly the welfare of women and children, and she has concentrated on the subject of women’s empowerment.
She was appointed to the Uttar Pradesh social welfare board in 2001. In addition, she was appointed to the National Commission for Women in 2002 and remained on it until 2005. In 2007, the BJP leaders chose her to run for the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly from the Etmadpur constituency in Agra; however, she was defeated by Bahujan Samaj Party candidate Narayan Singh Suman. From 2013 through 2015, after a lost campaign, Baby Rani worked on state-level tasks allocated to her by the party. In 2018, Baby Rani began working with the Uttar Pradesh State Commission for the Protection of Child Rights.
The Indian government swore in Maurya as the seventh governor of Uttarakhand on August 26, 2018. She was the state’s second female governor, following Margaret Alva, who was appointed in 2009. Due to personal circumstances, she resigned from the job two years before the conclusion of her tenure on September 8, 2021. J P Nadda, the head of the BJP, nominated her as the party’s national vice president on September 20, 2021.
Awards & Honours
- In 1996, she was awarded the Samaj Ratna.
- In 1997, she was awarded the Uttar Pradesh Ratna.
- In 1998, she was awarded the Nari Ratna for her contributions to women’s emancipation.
Wealth and Net Worth
Baby Rani Maurya’s net worth was Rs. 69 lakh, according to an affidavit she gave during the 2007 Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly election.
- Bonds, Debentures, Shares: Rs. 2.95 lakh
- Motor Vehicles: Rs. 5.10 lakh
- LIC or other insurance: Rs. 3 lakh
- Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions, etc.: Rs. 21.06 lakh
- Jewellery: Rs. 5.50 lakh
- Others: Rs. 9.87 lakh
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 25 lakh
Some Amazing Facts At A Glance About Baby Rani Maurya
- Baby Rani Maurya is the sixth governor of Uttarakhand in India. She is well-known for being the first female mayor of Agra from 1995 to 2000, as well as the second female governor of Uttarakhand.
- Ram Singh, Baby Rani’s father, was a Congress supporter who served as a party councillor in the Agra Municipal Corporation. With no political family background, Baby Rani Maurya began her political career as a worker for the Bharatiya Janata Party in the early 1990s.
- She decided to join the BJP after marrying Pradeep Maurya, the manager of Punjab National Bank (PNB). His family was associated with the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- In 1995, the BJP was seeking for a family-oriented lady to fill the role of mayor in Agra, and Baby Rani Maurya was the ideal candidate. She won the election after fighting it, as predicted, and was named as the mayor of Agra.
- Maurya was elected as the leader of the BJP’s scheduled caste (SC) branch in 1997. She was tasked with expanding the BJP’s appeal among members of Uttar Pradesh’s scheduled caste communities. Ram Nath Kovind was the wing’s chairman at the time.
- Baby Rani Maurya has made significant contributions to the field of social welfare, particularly the welfare of women and their empowerment. She was appointed to the Uttar Pradesh social welfare board as a result of this, and in 2002, she was assigned to the National Commission of Women, where she worked until 2005.
- In the 2007 Uttar Pradesh Assembly Election, Baby Rani was given the BJP ticket for Agra’s Etmadpur constituency. She was defeated in the election by BSP candidate Narayan Singh Suman. From 2013 until 2015, she assumed state-level tasks delegated to her by party leaders.
- She was appointed to the State Commission for the Protection of Child Rights in Uttar Pradesh in 2018 as a result of her consistent efforts in the field of child welfare and emphasising the value of education for children.
- Baby Rani Maurya was selected as the seventh governor of Uttarakhand by the Indian government as a result of her persistent hard work and loyalty to the party. She was sworn in as governor on August 26, 2021, in a ceremony held at the Raj Bhavan in Uttarakhand. She replaced Krishan Kant Paul, who was meant to depart the position on 8 July 2021 but had to stay until 25 August 2021 due to a little delay in choosing his replacement.
- When the decision to designate Maurya as governor was made, she was on an official visit to the United States of America.
- On September 5, 2021, Baby Rani Maurya met with India’s home minister, Amit Shah, in New Delhi, and since then, rumours have circulated that Maurya will be awarded a high post in the Uttar Pradesh government.
- Rani Maurya is a pious person, and her family is also involved in religious traditions. Rani Maurya is frequently seen visiting sacred sites around India.
- Baby Rani Maurya earned ‘The Great Indian Woman Award 2021’ in September 2021 for her outstanding contribution to the cause of women’s empowerment and children’s safety rights.
- Baby Rani Maurya does yoga in the morning to maintain a healthy lifestyle and be mentally and physically active.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic in India, Baby Rani Maurya organised multiple donation drives in which she distributed food and other necessities to persons and families in need. She also gave various medical kits and pieces of equipment to hospitals and police officers.