Anna Maxwell Martin is a well-known British actress. She is well recognized for her roles as Esther Summerson in the BBC version of Belak House in 2005 and “N” in the Channel 4 adaptation of Poppy Shakespeare in 2008. For both roles, she received British Academy Television Awards.
She is well known for her appearances in the BBC One crime thriller Line of Duty as DCS Patricia Carmichael and Code 404 as Kelly Major. She has appeared in a number of other films, television series, and plays.
- For her performance as Esther Summerson in the BBC rendition of Bleak House in 2005.
- For her performance as “N” in Channel 4’s Poppy Shakespeare adaption in 2008.
On May 27, 1977, Anna Maxwell Martin was born. Anna Charlotte Martin is her given name. Her birthplace is Beverley in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. She is a British citizen. He is of Christian faith and she is of the white race. Her astrological sign is Gemini. Her father, Ivan Martin, and mother, Rosalind Youngson, gave birth to her. Adam is her elder brother.
Her educational history includes attendance at Beverley High School. She went to Liverpool University after high school to study history.
|Celebrated Name||Anna Maxwell Martin|
|Nick Name||Anna Maxwell Martin|
|Birth Name||Anna Charlotte Martin|
|Place Of Birth||Beverley, Yorkshire|
|High School||Beverley High School|
|Marital Status||Divorced at Present|
|Daughter||Nancy Michell and Maggie Michell|
|Net Worth||$1 Million – $5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Acting Career|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Weight||55 KG or 121 lbs|
|Awards||British Academy Television Award and more|
Anna Maxwell Career
- Anna Maxwell Martin began performing at a young age.
- She had previously performed in school plays.
- She afterward enrolled in the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts.
- She then began acting in theater performances.
- In 2002, she made her television debut in an episode of the crime drama Midsomer Murders.
- She rose to prominence after starring as Lyra in the National Theatre’s performance of Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials.
- For the role, she was nominated for an Olivier Award for Best Actress.
- Enduring Love, a 2004 psychological thriller, was her feature film debut.
- In 2004, she played Bessie Higgins in the BBC television production of Elizabeth Gaskell’s novel North and South.
- She portrayed Esther Summerson in the BBC version of Charles Dickens’s Bleak House in 2005.
- In 2006, she received the BAFTA Television Award for Best Actress for the role.
- She received a Broadcasting Press Guild Award nomination for Best Actress and finished third in the BBC Drama Poll for Best Actress.
- In 2008, she portrayed N in Channel 4’s rendition of Poppy Shakespeare.
- In 2009, she received her second BAFTA Television Award for Best Actress for the role.
- In 2011, she was nominated for a BAFTA TV Award for Best Actress for her performance as Sarah Burton in the BBC series South Riding.
- For her portrayal of Julia in the comedy Motherland, she was nominated for a BAFTA TV Award for Best Female Comedy Performance.
- In 2019, she began filming the fifth season of BBC Two’s police procedural drama Line of Duty. She portrayed DCS Patricia Carmichael.
- She returned to the sixth season of Line of Duty.
- In 2021, she co-starred in the ITV drama series Hollington Drive opposite Rachael Stirling.
- She has appeared in a number of television shows, including Doctor Who, Free Agents, Accused, The Bletchley Circle, The Frankenstein Chronicles, Urban Myths, and Mandy.
- She has been in a number of television films, including The Wind in the Willows (2006), White Girl (2008), Freefall (2009), Moonshot (2009), On Expenses (2010), The Night Watch (2011), Reg (2016), and Mother’s Day (2016). (2018).
- Among the films in which Martin has appeared are I Really Hate My Job (2007), Becoming Jane (2007), Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa (2013), Philomena (2013), and Chubby Funny (2016), and The Personal History of David Copperfield (2019).
Anna Maxwell Husband
For 18 years, Anna Maxwell was married to film director Roger Michell. In 2002, they married. They are the parents of two girls. They divorced in 2020. Michell passed away in September 2021.
Anna Maxwell Height
Anna Maxwell Martin is approximately 1.68 m tall, or 5 feet and 6 inches. She weighs about 121 pounds or 55 kilograms. She has a slender physique. Her eyes are blue, and her hair is dark blonde. Her sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Anna Maxwell Net Worth
Anna Maxwell Martin makes a living as an actress. She began her acting career in the theater and has been in various plays. She has also appeared in a number of films and television series. Her net worth is reported to be in the $1 million range.
Did You Know?
- She starred in the BBC TV comedy “Motherland.”
- She rose to prominence on the London stage as Lyra in the National Theatre’s production of Philip Pullman’s “His Dark Materials.”
- She narrated the CD edition of Marcus Sedgwick’s “The Foreshadowing,” a children’s book about the First World War, which was released in May 2006.
- Taurus is her astrological sign.
- After finishing her studies at Liverpool, she entered the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
- Her father worked as the CEO of a pharmaceutical firm.
- Her father worked as a researcher.
- She performed in school plays at Beverley High School.
- When she joined Equity, she added the name Maxwell (her grandfather’s name) to her surname to distinguish herself from other members with the same name.
- She narrated the CD edition of Marcus Sedgwick’s The Foreshadowing, a children’s book about the First World War.
- She has narrated a number of books.