Alireza Jahanbakhsh Jirandeh, better known as Alireza Jahanbakhsh, is an Iranian footballer. He rose to prominence as a winger and attacking midfielder for Feyenoord in the Eredivisie and the Iran national team. 7 is his jersey number. After two years with Damash Gilan, he joined NEC in 2013 and went on to play for AZ from 2015 till 2018, when he joined Brighton & Hove Albion.
In 2013, he was named to the Iranian national team. Alireza began his youth career with Payam Alborz Qazvin in 2005 and made his professional debut in 2010 for Damash Tehran. He has also been named the second-best young talent in the 2013-2014 Eredivisie season. Jahanbakhsh represented Iran in the 2014 FIFA World Cup, the 2015 AFC Asian Cup, and the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Furthermore, he is active on social media, with over 1.8 million followers on Instagram and over 20.9 thousand followers on Twitter.
- He is a professional footballer from Iran.
- He is a winger and offensive midfielder for Feyenoord in the Eredivisie and the Iran national team.
Alireza Jahanbakhsh Age and Parents
On August 11, 1993, Alireza Jahanbakhsh opened his eyes for the first time in Jirandeh, Iran. He was born in a Christian family with the name Alireza Jahanbakhsh Jirandeh. He has Iranian nationality and is of Tat ethnic origin.
Jahanbakhsh recently celebrated his 29th birthday in 2022, and his zodiac sign is Libra, according to his birthdate. As a result, he is white. Rahim Jahanbakhsh Jirandeh is his father’s name, and Tahere Mehregan Fard is his mother’s. He also has two siblings: Sahebeh Jahanbakhsh, a sister, and Mohammadreza Jahanbakhsh, a brother.
|Celebrated Name||Alireza Jahanbakhsh|
|Age||29 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Alireza Jahanbakhsh Jirandeh|
|Place Of Birth||Jirandeh, Iran|
|Father||Rahim Jahanbakhsh Jirandeh|
|Mother||Tahere Mehregan Fard|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
|Salary||£2,600,000 per year|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Alireza Jahanbakhsh Career
- Alireza Jahanbakhsh began his career at Rasht and Persian Qazvin before joining Damash Tehran’s junior academy in 2008. He began his football career in Tehran with Damash Tehran in the 2nd Division.
- He made his debut with Damash Gilan in the Iran Pro League against Mes in 2011 as one of Damash’s youngest ever players, and scored his first goal on January 15, 2012, in a 1-0 victory over Fajr.
- In 42 league games for Damash, he scored 10 goals.
- Alireza signed a three-year contract with Dutch Eredivisie team NEC on May 26, 2013, and officially joined the club on July 1, 2013.
- On 3 August 2013, he made his league debut as a substitute against Groningen and scored his first goal in an 8-0 win over Harkemase Boys in the KNVB Cup.
- On 22nd December, he scored and assisted at FC Groningen while also providing a secondary assist on 15th February 2014 against RKC Waalwijk.
- He came on as a halftime replacement and assisted Michael Higdon in their 2-2 draw at Heerenveen on March 22nd, when NEC trailed 2-0 at the break.
- On the final day of the 2013-2014 season, he scored two late goals against Ajax to preserve NEC from automatic relegation, instead securing a relegation playoff position.
- He was chosen the Eredivisie’s best player of the season before finishing second to Memphis Depay.
- On the first day of the 2014-2015 Jupiler League, he scored a goal in a 3-1 win over FC Eindhoven, then on August 29th, he scored two goals and contributed two assists in a 4-1 win against Helmond Sport.
- On 3rd October, he scored a goal and assisted another to send NEC to the Eredivisie play-offs as quarter-season league champions, and on 17th October, he was awarded the Best Player of the First Period of the 2014-2015 Jupiler League.
- In his first game back from the 2015 AFC Asian Cup, he scored a bicycle kick and was awarded man of the match in a 3-1 win over Helmond Sport on February 1, 2015.
- Jahanbakhsh was voted NEC’s player of the season by fans at the end of the season and Eerste Divisie’s top player for the 2014-2015 season on May 12, 2015.
- On August 3, 2015, Alireza signed a five-year contract with Dutch club AZ Alkmaar. He made his Eredivisie debut for AZ on September 12, 2015, in a 3-1 win over De Graafschap.
- On 1st October 2015, he made his UEFA Europa League debut in a 2-1 group stage win over Athletic Bilbao, and on 21st November 2015, he recorded his first assist for AZ in a 3-1 victory over Heerenveen.
- On January 30, 2016, he scored his first goal for AZ against his previous club NEC. On February 13, 2016, he scored his second goal of the season and recorded his fourth assist in a 6-3 victory over Heracles Almelo.
- On August 28th, he scored his first goal of the season against FC Utrecht. The game concluded 2-1, with Jahanbakhsh scoring the game-winning goal.
- On January 13, 2017, he scored twice and assisted once, and he was awarded man of the match in a 3-1 victory over Go Ahead Eagles.
- On 21st August 2016, he scored his first goal of the season in a 2-1 win against Utrecht, and on 16th February 2017, he scored his first ever European goal in a 4-1 loss to Lyon in the Europa League Round of 32.
- He was crowned the best winger in the Dutch League for the 2016-2017 season.
- He scored a hat trick and an assist against Vitesse in the 2017-2018 Eredivisie on April 18, 2018, then added another hat trick on the last match day to become the Eredivisie season’s highest goal scorer with 21 goals and 12 assists.
- He became the first Asian player to score the most goals in a top-tier European league.
Brighton & Hove Albion
- On July 25, 2018, Jahanbakhsh signed a five-year contract with Premier League side Brighton & Hove Albion for an unknown club-record cost.
- On August 11, 2018, he made his Brighton debut as a substitute in the club’s first Premier League encounter against Watford.
- He scored his first goal for the club on his debut against Bournemouth on December 28, 2019, then equalized for Brighton against Chelsea on January 1, 2020.
- People later chose the goal against Chelsea as the Premier League Goal of the Month for January, which Alireza regarded as the best goal he has ever scored.
- Jahanbakhsh scored a hat-trick in the following game, a 4-0 home thumping of Portsmouth in the EFL Cup on September 17th, and scored again six days later, this time in the EFL Cup, a 2-0 away win against Preston.
- On May 18, 2021, he made his debut in Brighton’s 3-2 home triumph over champions Manchester City, with fans returning to football. Brighton rallied from a 2-0 deficit to earn their first victory over “The Sky Blues” since 1989.
- Jahanbakhsh signed a three-year contract with a four-year option on July 17, 2021, and made his debut for Feyenoord on July 29th in the second leg of the UEFA Conference League tie against FC Drita, where he started but was later substituted in the 3-2 home victory, with Feyenoord also going through 3-2 on aggregate.
- Alireza scored his first two goals for the club on August 12th, as Feyenoord defeated FC Luzern 3-0 in the third qualifying round of the 2021-2022 UEFA Europa Conference League.
- On August 22nd, he made his league debut for Rotterdam, starting in a 2-0 home win over Go Ahead Eagles.
- Alireza Jahanbakhsh was a member of the squad that competed in the AFC U-19 Championship in China in 2010.
- He captained the national under-20 squad, which qualified for the 2012 AFC U-19 Championship after scoring five goals in four outings.
- He added two more to his total against the UAE and South Korea at the championships, and he was named team captain for Iran’s Olympic qualifiers in March 2015.
- The under-23 squad qualified for the 2016 AFC U-23 Championship in Qatar thanks to his presence, however, he was not released by AZ Alkmaar because the 2016 AFC U-23 Championship did not take place during the FIFA International Match Calendar.
- On October 5, 2013, he was called up to Team Melli by manager Carlos Queiroz for a 2015 Asian Cup qualifier against Thailand, and he made his debut as a replacement in the 82nd minute.
- His first national team goal came in his second game, a 3-0 win against Thailand on November 15th, and on June 1st, 2014, Carlos Queiroz called him into Iran’s 2014 FIFA World Cup roster.
- Queiroz called Alireza into Iran’s 2015 AFC Asian Cup team on December 30, 2014, after he scored Iran’s second goal in a 2-0 World Cup qualifying victory over Qatar in June 2016.
- He was also nominated to Iran’s squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, which will be held in Russia in May 2018. He appeared in all three group matches, which were against Morocco, Spain, and Portugal.
- In December 2018, he was included to Iran’s 23-man team for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup, and on January 16, 2019, he made his competitive debut in a 0-0 draw against Iraq in the last group stage encounter.
- In the latter encounter, he scored his first goal of the tournament in a 2-0 victory over Oman.
- Aside from football, he stated in January 2020 that he shared a photo of Iranian major general Qasem Soleimani, who was killed in the 2020 Baghdad International Airport airstrike, on Instagram, and that the image was removed.
Alireza Jahanbakhsh Wife and Girlfriend
Alireza Jahanbakhsh has a wife and he got married to his lovely wife Sahebeh Jahanbakhsh and has one child. They both appear to be really happy in their domestic lives, as there is a lot of love between them.
The couple is having a fantastic time together, which indicates that they do not have extramarital relationships. I hope the couple’s bond strengthens in the following days. Alireza is straight when it comes to his sexual orientation.
What is Alireza Jahanbakhsh’s net worth?
Alireza Jahanbakhsh has achieved heights in his career that would ordinarily take a lifetime to achieve. As of 2022, his net worth ranges from $1 million to $5 million. He also makes a good living, earning roughly £2,600,000 each year.
As of July 16th, 2018, his current market value is $3.85 million, and his maximum market value is $19.80 million. Alireza gets dressed by shopping mode Adidas, a German athletic business. Furthermore, his primary source of income is his football profession.
Alireza Jahanbakhsh Height
Alireza Jahanbakhsh is a tall footballer who stands at an ideal height of 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in) and weighs 172 lbs.
His body, paired with his excellent height and macho appearance, propels him to the top of the wanted list among young gen women. Alireza has dark brown hair and blue eyes. Furthermore, his physique type is sporty.
Did You Know?
- In 2013, he was named to the Iranian national team.
- He later joined Brighton & Hove Albion after playing for AZ from 2015 to 2018.
- In 2005, he began his youth career with Payam Alborz Qazvin.
- He represented Iran in the 2014 FIFA World Cup, the 2015 AFC Asian Cup, and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- In international competitions, he and Ali Daei both represented Iran.