Who is Alba Flores?
Alba Flores, sometimes known as Alba Gonzalez Villa, is a Spanish actress. Flores is most known for playing Nairobi in Money Heist, a Spanish heist criminal thriller series. Along with the series, the cast members became international celebrities.
Flores is well renowned for her performance in the drama series Vis a Vis as Saray Vargas (Locked Up). She received several accolades for her roles in Money Heist and Locked Up. She has also appeared in a number of films, television series, and theatre performances.
What is Alba Flores Famous For?
In La Casa de Papel, she played Nairobi (Money Heist).
Where is Alba Flores From?
Alba Flores was born on October 27, 1986, in Mexico City. Alba Gonzalez Villa is her given name. She was born in the city of Madrid, Spain. She is of Spanish descent. Her father, Antonio Flores, and mother, Ana Villa, gave birth to her. She comes from a long line of singers and actors in her family.
Her mother is a theatrical producer and her father was a singer-songwriter, composer, and actor. Lola Flores, her grandmother, was a singer, actress, and bailaora. Her paternal grandfather, Antonio Gonzalez, was a Spanish singer and guitarist who is credited as being one of the founding fathers of Catalan Rumba.
Lolita and Rosario, two of her aunts, are both actors and singers who have won two Latin Grammy Awards each. Elena Furiase, the actress, is her cousin. Her parents have only one child.
She is of mixed heritage (white and Hispanic) and follows the Christian faith. She is of Romani descent. Scorpio is her zodiac sign.
Alba Flores Bio-Data
|Real Birth Name||Alba Gonzalez Villa|
|Age||35 years old (as of 2021)|
|Birth Place||Madrid, Spain|
|Debut Appearance||El Calentito (2005)|
|Famous For||Her role as Nairobi in La Casa de Papel (Money Heist)|
|Net Worth||Around $1.5 million|
|Height(Approx)||In feet: 5’9”
In centimetre:176 cm
|Weight(Approx)||In kilogram: 56 kg
In grams: 123 lbs
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Family Background, Education|
|Father Name||Antonio Flores|
|Mother Name||Ana Villa|
|Grand Parents||Lola Flores, Antonio Gonzalez|
|Boyfriend, Husband, Marriage|
|Girlfriend||Ondina Maldonado (Actress) (She is Lesbian)|
|Favorite Things & Assets|
|Social Media Accounts|
Alba Flores Career
- Alba Flores began studying theatrical interpretation when she was 13 years old. She also had piano training.
- Juan Carlos Corazza, a famous acting instructor, taught her at the Corazza Acting Studio.
- Her acting career began in the theatre. Luna de Miel en Hiroshima (2005) and the Romani adaptation of A Midsummer Night’s Dream was among her many roles (2007).
- El calentito, her first film, was released in 2005.
- She made her television debut in the police drama series El Comisario as a guest star.
- She went on to appear in a number of films, television series, and theatrical performances after that.
- In 2013, she was featured in the Antena 3 series El Tiempo entre costuras (The Time in Between) as the protagonist’s Moroccan servant, Jamila.
- Vicente Ferrer, a 2013 television film, featured her as an Indian woman.
- After portraying Saray Vargas de Jesus in the Spanish serial drama series Vis a Vis, she achieved her breakthrough (Locked Up).
- She was a part of the program for all four seasons, which ended in 2019.
- She received her first television award, a joint Best Female Performer in Fiction Award from Ondas Awards with the female cast, a Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series Award from the Spanish Actors Union Awards, and numerous more acting accolades.
- In the series’ last season, Vis a Vis: El Oasis, she makes a surprise guest appearance.
- She rose to international prominence after portraying Nairobi, a bank robber, in the internationally renowned series La Casa de Papel (Money Heist).
- The sitcom went on to become the most-watched non-English series on Netflix.
- She appears in all four sections of Money Heist’s first and second seasons. In the fourth episode of the show, her character died.
- She received multiple awards for her performance in the series.
- At the 6th Feroz Awards, she received Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series, and at the 7th Platino Awards, she won Best Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or TV Series.
- In 2016, she starred in the stage version of La Rosa Tatuada.
- For her work as Polixena in the stage production of the Troyanas, she was nominated for a Spanish Actors Union Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- For her work in the musical production Drac Pack, she was nominated for a Fotogramas de Plata Award for Best Theater Actress.
Who is Alba Flores Partner?
Alba Flores has never been married. She is said to be single right now. Her sexuality is that of a lesbian. She previously dated Ondina Maldonado, an actress. Their relationship’s chronology, however, is unknown. Her personal life is kept confidential by her.
How Tall is Alba Flores?
Alba Flores stands at 1.76 meters, or 5 feet and 9 inches tall. The Spanish actress weighs roughly 123.5 pounds or 56 kilograms. She has a slender physique. Her hair is dark brown, and her eyes are dark brown.
What is Alba Flores Salary and Net Worth?
Alba Flores’ earnings are derived from her work in the entertainment sector. Her acting job provides the majority of her income. She has acted in a number of films, television shows, and theatre performances. According to reports, she received a salary of between $20k and $25k every episode of Money Heist.
In conclusion, she is fortunate in her acting profession. Her net worth is now believed to be at $1.5 million.
Did You Know some interesting facts about Alba Flores?
- Producer Alex Pina wrote Nairobi’s character in Money Heist expressly for her.
- Night on Earth, a Netflix documentary, was narrated by her.
- She covered her father’s song “No Puedo Enamorarme de Ti” for the soundtrack of the film Al conclusion del Camino.
- Most people assumed that her favorite co-star would be Tokyo or Professor, but Alba Flores preferred Berlin. Flores considers Pedro Alonso (Berlin) to be the funniest person on-site during Money Heist. She stated in an interview that she preferred working with Alonso over the rest of the ensemble.
- Her father wrote a song called “Alba” for her.
- When she was nine years old, her father died.
- She eats only plant-based foods.
- She is an animal rights activist who supports People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- Nairobi was not originally written into the Money Heist series’ screenplay. Flores revealed in an interview with The Oprah Magazine that after working with Money Heist producer Alex Pina on another Spanish series called Vis a Vis, he asked if she wanted to join the series. Alex Pina realized that the series wouldn’t work with only one female character (Tokyo), so he decided to include Nairobi. He created a part for Flores, bringing the character Nairobi to life. Money Heist would be difficult to fathom without Flores.
- Alba Flores isn’t resentful about having to leave Money Heist. She stated in a news interview that the death of her character was unavoidable. According to the plot of Money Heist, the team had to suffer a significant loss.
- Although Alba Flores liked being a part of all four seasons of the program, she says that her favorite was the second season. Flores stated in an interview with identity magazine that she had the most fun when filming season 2 of Money Heist. She also enjoyed how Nairobi, her character, was able to exhibit her tender side in addition to being a harsh character.